Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: World first level 80 character is French !

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis
    Whoa... 80 in like 20 hours? Wtf.

Congrats to him.

Damn it. I was in like the borean Tundra for like 3 hours and I only hit halfway to 71.

And to those flaming, get a life. I find it odd that very people who play WoW tell other WoW players to get a life over stupid stuff like someone getting to 80 first.

One of the major points of Wrath is to get to 80. The Frenchie did it first, so grats to him. I'm jealous of him right now, cause questing/leveling is a pain in the ass. (And i have to bring up 3 lvl 70 characters to 80).

For those saying "oh don't rush through it.... Northrend is so special.. blah blah..."

Hell I could give a shit about the lore. Just let me hit 80, let S5 start so I can arena again.
    I soooo agree with the arena part

Quote Originally Posted by jonnehy
    everyone saying they have no life etc, hes spent one day doing it
    i bet you spend a hell of alot longer than that

Well here is a little bit of nice flame, and a few jokes on the subject! Remember, this was his/her choice! If anything I give them a round for having the dedication to do such a thing!

"/2 LFG Naxx 10... wait... no one else is 80 BOOYA"

"Hey Frank, what did you do yesterday?"
    "Got to 80! What did you do?
    "Got laid"

I love how if you think the guy is a complete idiot who plays too much, despite all current evidence, you are labelled as 'jelous'.

I'm not jealous, I think the guy IS an idiot and I just hope he doesn't suffer any serious long term health effects for his five minutes of internet fame.

Quote Originally Posted by LilMaibe
    I'll try a calmer tone, okay, people:

He (or she) apparently did they same as the one who claimed the world's first lvl70 character for himself:
    Get a bunch of people, tab mobs and have the others assist you in killing them. The others are, of course, not in the group with the character, resulting in him/her getting all loot and experience.

What it is that bothers me (as I said in quite a harsher tone already) is the idea behind this: Get to the highest level only to get attention form the community. 'History', if you want, clearly showed that such a thing is usually done only for showing-off and getting attention. I mean, how many people have you seen with more or less unique weapons, mounts, armor etc just standing in the major city or strutting up and down there?

And please people: Stop assuming that he'll spent less time ingame now. He will not, as said above. History of all MMO(RP)Gs has shown that.
    thanks for the xplanation.

So basically the achievement required the help of multiple people. And those people leveled more slowly because he was taking their xp? But you can only do that to a certain point no? Because they would have be a certain level to help this guy. They all should be reaching 80 at about the same time. It seems the same as just leveling in a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    Congrats, I suppose but ugh... I ll never understand the mentality of some people. Wait two years for this to come out, then that's how you play it?
    That's what i menat with my complains: I saw it on the servers I'm on at BC...At first the people that did not 'achieve' to become world's forst level 70 character complained in ALL channels and after they did manage to get 70 pretty fast they started to complain about that it's soooooo boring because noone is there to get to dungeons with them and the mobs are soooo easy to beat and boring...

I doubt it will be different here...

And once again:

He will not spent less time ingame than we do...It wouldn't get him attention.

Grats

I call jealous lamers on most of you. You claim that desiring to be the best at something makes you a faggot, loser, no-lifer, pathetic, etc. How do you figure?

You ever play sports with your friends, and you try to lose? You do your best to NOT get promoted, or have a successful career? Then you go out and do your very best to ruin your marriage, right?

I call shenanigans. Most people are driven by ambition, and they want to win. Olympic athletes, those are some pathetic fucks right? Devoting their whole life to get a stupid hunk of metal and have their name written down in a record book....

More examples, because I can! When you run that dungeon, do you pull the boss then run around like a dieing chicken and watch yourself get raped, or do you try and win. Oh, how about quests! You definitely go out and do the exact opposite of the quest objective, huh? When I go to BGs, I usually spam /sit when I see the horde, because I'm terrified I just might win. Please tell me you see where this is going....

People like to win, and like it or not, he won at getting to level 80 before anyone else in the history of the universe. Shame that he spent 20 odd hours to be the very best at something, anything, anything at all. Grats to them

edited for coherency...

heh my copy hasnt even been delivered yet!

Quote Originally Posted by apoxic
    No-life comments are so old. Why are you even playing this game yourself?
    Playing the game to have something to do. I have other things I have to do before I can sit down for a few hours and play WoW. It's probably not the same for him.

@Morist and those that think like him/her:

There's a difference between -desiring to be the best- and what happened here:

What he did is like doping until the body breaks down under it and sabotating his opponents in order to achieving a record.

It would have been more impressive if he would have gotten to level 80 first by actually doing quests and 'normal' leveling, showing that even with normal gaming behaviour such a thing can be achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikaga
    Playing the game to have something to do. I have other things I have to do before I can sit down for a few hours and play WoW. It's probably not the same for him.
    Actually he probably has a week or more off now, whats your point? Its just sad to see people flaming someone for the way they wish to play the game. Why people care so much about a human being they apparently despise is beyond me.
    [b]The individual who was farthest along and had the best chance at teaching other Tauren how to be a rogue was Gamon... and we all know what keeps happening to him when he tries to progress.

By the way Athene is the first world 80... www.worldofathene.com
    Edit post and cya !

first congrats!

Although its my opinion that getting that achievement by mob tagging is cheesy. but anywho...

If I have to be a no-lifer one week so the rest of the year I can have a life then so be it. I work, have a gf, am very social thus im a casual player but I also like competition and not being left behind and I enjoy grouping at end-game content.

My solution was simple, I wanted to take this week off so I could level as fast as possible and once my char is 80 I just plan with guildies for runs when its possible. I'll leave enjoying the solo content for when I start to level a DK. This would have give me then plenty of time afterwards to do what I want.
    You just have to find what works for you. If its not your style then it's not.

Unfortunatly that plan never happend because 2 weeks prior to the release I got an opportunity to work in mexico helping children on the streets. So I guess I will still be leveling the DK then sloowly and enjoy the content first after all

To the rest enjoy your Wotlk experience!

lol I would not take pride in an achievement like that. IDK an outside healer while your leveling doesn't seem legit in my eyes. If he quested and grinded to 80 id give him props.

grats

i dont understand the flamers, u guys have no more of a life than him, your posting on these forums, playing the same game (i realize i am to, but i'm not the one flaming people) you tell him to get an education, a girlfriend, when you dont even know what he has, and you probably don't even have either one. worry about yourselves.

I'm barely halfway thru 70... Gratz tho!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LilMaibe
    @Morist and those that think like him/her:

There's a difference between -desiring to be the best- and what happened here:

What he did is like doping until the body breaks down under it and sabotating his opponents in order to achieving a record.

It would have been more impressive if he would have gotten to level 80 first by actually doing quests and 'normal' leveling, showing that even with normal gaming behaviour such a thing can be achieved.
    Am I missing part of the story here? Playing World of Warcraft, gaining experience, thats how you level. Staying up for 20 hours is....not a big deal? Thats 4-5 hours longer than your average day. 4-5 hours is going to a late party on friday, or going to a movie for the midnight release, or a romantic late night dinner. Incredibly normal activities that I suspect just about everyone has done sometime in the past year. All I know is from the news post of "French dude hits 80, no power leveling involved" Who was sabotaged?

Don't you get like 80 achievement points for getting to 80?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Raikaga
    Sucks to be you then.