What are the rules for getting Wintergrasp marks?

This is so confusing to me :-[

I have played Wintergrasp on my priest (disc) 4 times but only gotten 2 marks.

And each game I only get 1 mark on my lock or mage (does not matter if we win or lose).

Someone told me it is tied to your ranking. My ranking at the end is always gone. On my priest I got a couple of ranks, but they were wiped when I died.

Thanks for any help.

Re: What are the rules for getting Wintergrasp marks?

your rank resets each game
    rank 1 = 2 marks for win
    rank 2 = 3 marks for win
    you need 10 kills to get rank 2. can either be npc's or enemy kills.
    you do not lose rank when you die
    i havent gotten higher than rank 2 so im not sure if there is a higher rank yet since im only 75
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

Is rank different that the corporeal, etc buff you get? Because the corporeal buff disappears when I die.

Any idea how did my lock got 1 mark and priest got none for a winning game?

How do you get the driving buff? It seems like you have to get the killing blow on a player of npc.

Sorry for all the beginner questions. I cannot find a "Wintergrasp for beginners" guide

From what I have heard, it seems as though you rank up in game. The highest rank i believe is what...rank 5? I think it's something along the lines of 50 kills and you get 5 marks.

The driving "buff" isn't really a buff but more of a skill you get when you rank up to the appropriate level you can drive a certain vehicle.

IMO if you want to be help just kill a lot of NPC's, help out others who are attacking and go for the win.

P.S I'm not entirely sure on my data, but then again this is based off memory.
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.