Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shaman changes, Blue posts, TCG Wall

Upcoming Elemental Shaman changes
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We are making some upcoming changes to the Elemental shaman tree. Our goal was to streamline a few of the utility-based talents while giving shamans a little more damage scaling in later tiers of gear.

• Unrelenting Storm – reduced from 5 points to 3 points. Bonus is 4/8/12% of your Intellect returned as mana.
    • Elemental Warding – now reduces all damage (not just Nature, Fire and Frost) taken by 2/4/6%
    • Elemental Shields – this talent has been removed, since its effects were combined with Elemental Warding.
    • Storm, Earth and Fire – reduced from 5 points to 3 points, but keeps around the same net benefit. In addition to current effects, also increases Wind Shock range. The damage bonus to Flame Shock has increased to 60% at 3 ranks. Storm, Earth and Fire has been moved up the tree as well.
    • Shamanism – this is a new 5 point talent in the old Storm, Earth and Fire position. Your Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst gain an additional percentage of your bonus damage. We have not finalized the numbers, but it will probably be something like 10% for Lightning Bolt and 20% for Lava Burst at max ranks.

These changes will be available in the next minor content patch, and are in addition to the AE changes mentioned previously.

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Dual Talent specialization
    We don't have an ETA. We would love to get it in for 3.1 but if I said it will be in 3.1 and it isn't, then players get mad. It's easier if we just say "soon." (Source)

New dances
    New dances are something we would still like to add. However, we will not add dances until we feel that they meet with our highest standards. So these are something we can look forward to down the road, not in the near future. (Source)

Mana regeneration nerf
    As a few players have referenced, we thought mana regen got to a point at the end of BC where players could just generally ignore it and assumed that mana was just a system you eventually graduate out of (kind of like experience).

We don't want you to be out of mana constantly, but we do want the risk of that to exist. We balance some spells based on their mana cost for example and when you can always use your most expensive, least efficient spell without consequence, then your cheap and efficient spells don't compete.

Mana is a resource to be managed, much like health or cooldowns. (Source)

Druid (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9095))
    Upcoming Feral Changes
    Armor
    We changed the way armor worked because we thought it was a bad design that a druid with the Naxx 25 armor trinkets would be amazing and one lacking them would be far behind, perhaps to the extent that you wouldn't be invited to tank. As a few people have pointed out, the change to the armor calculation is as much of a nerf as not getting those trinkets to drop is a nerf.

Having armor as a good stat is fun. Having armor as such a good stat that you don't really care what else the item has on it is a problem. (And to be fair, I initially didn't realize the situation was quite as broken as it was, so thanks to all the persistent druids out there on this and other forums.) While some of you liked the element of having to get a couple of fairly rare drops to be a really good tank, other druids seem to understand the problem and agree with the change.

Stuff besides armor
    The other part of the design is that without bonus armor being so ridiculously good for druids, you are left with fewer stats on which you can try to improve your tanking survivability. This is the "It may have been broken, but it's all we had" argument.

While I think it is a bit silly to totally discount Stamina ("because nobody wants to be a mana sponge") and Dodge ("because it has diminishing returns") as bad tank stats, overall we are sympathetic to the idea that it's fun to get drops that make you a better tank and druids don't get to do that as much as other classes. We're talking about other ways to scale your mitigation through gear. I don't have any announcements to make about how that would work, but you should keep a couple of things in mind: 1) We wouldn't want to do it through armor or dodge, since making it easier to get those values very high unsolves the problem again, 2) Adding additional mitigation of any kind would probably mean having to nerf Ferals in other ways (like say armor) to keep you from getting too far ahead of other tanks. But we need to see what block actually does for paladins and warriors too. (Source)

Hunter (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9095))
    Hunter Arena issues
    Because it is so difficult to get intelligent discussion on this topic, I am creating this new thread. It will be heavily moderated.

You don't have to play a hunter to post here. But I am only interested in a discussion of mechanics, problems, ideas and solutions.

This is not a place to request a massive overhaul of talents. This is not a place for your 5 page manifesto on how to redesign the class. This is not a place to whine about past neglect or how Blizzard doesn't understand or care about class. This is not a place to declare hunters are OP and how we should pay attention to a different class. (Source)

Paladin (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9095))
    Changing spellpower plate items
    It would feel very elegant to get rid of healing plate. But it is a pretty major change and one you aren't likely to see anytime soon. The logical choice is to make Holy (and all paladin healing really) scale off of AP somehow. But then you also need to solve the mana pool and regen problems because melee dps rings don't have int or mp5 on them.

It's not an impossible problem to solve, but it is a big one. Changing melee druids to share a lot of gear with rogues has been tricky and something we are still working on. (Source)

Consolidated list of upcoming Paladin changes - Clarifications
    I made some clarifications to my initial post.

You can use Hand of Protection during the internal cooldown, just not on yourself. The idea is to prevent the paladin from being able to combo damage immunity. We want you to still be able to use it on others.

The change to Judgements of the Pure is in addition to its current haste effects.

The taunt is called Hand of Judgement. It has a 30 yard range and 8 sec cooldown. It does a bit of Holy damage so that you can break sheep or freezing traps to pull mobs.

The change to Judgement of Wisdom was so Protection and Ret paladins (and Feral druids and whoever else) didn't feel like they were supposed to stack Int for mana, since there is none on their gear. We picked a number that shouldn't be a nerf to most Holy paladins, though it will mean that it won't keep scaling as your Int climbs, so I imagine it will be called a nerf anyway. We'll keep an eye on this -- perhaps adding an effect to a Holy talent or something to increase the return. (Source)

Shaman (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9095))
    Upcoming AE DPS Changes and totems
    I realize buffing totems sounds strange to players who are used to loltotems. One of the designers just made the comment that telling Elemental you are buffing damage totems would be like telling Holy priests we are nerfing CoH and you're expected to area heal with Holy Nova now.

But the change to Magma Totem in particular is substantial. The base points went from 170 to 370 and the coefficient from 0.67 to 1.0. In our tests, the pulses were doing something like 600 damage. You would be hard-pressed to get that kind of increase out of Totem of Wrath, even considering its benefit to the whole raid.

Yes you have to run up, but we don't think that is too much to ask considering you can still Chain Lightning or whatever while the totem does its thing.

Totems are a core piece of the shaman design. We want to make them work, not remove them from the game. (Source)

Warlock (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9095))
    Warlock Arena Issues
    Warlocks have been commenting since beta that they are not Arena viable. We want to understand what changes the community thinks we would need to make to get you Arena viable. If that list of changes runs into the 100s and means touching every talent, then you are much less likely to see them implemented.

Challenge yourself to state the problem in as few words as possible. If you can't nail it that simply then I would argue you haven't considered the issue enough. For purposes of this thread I am trying to isolate "Gee wouldn't it be nice if" from "We can't function without."

I didn't phrase the original question this way because I didn't want you to think we would only make a single change, but, if it helps to address the topic...

What is the ONE change you would make to warlocks to help them in Arenas? (Source)

Warrior (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9095))
    Heroic Leap
    The ghoul won't try to exploit movement problems. Death Grip isn't a problem because we know exactly where the DK is and can assume that is a legal position. Heroic Leap on the other hand let players click anywhere they wanted to try and cheese pathing. Eventually, some of them found holes in the terrain they could jump through. Fixing all of those potential problem areas in the terrain was a pretty heavy price to pay for one talent.

We could have changed Heroic Leap to not have a targeting component, like Blink and Disengage, but we thought that would make it Blink and Disengage. (Source)

New TCG Wallpaper - Troll Warrior
    A new TCG Wallpaper has been added to the official site

Re: Shaman changes, Blue posts, TCG Wall

Too bad heroic leap didn't make it in

Maybe we will see it in the future

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

how the hell is that a troll in the wallpaper? N*gga please...

Well the nerf is going to happen whitch i hate very much....... > but i know blizzard is trying not to get nerf like every week but i love paldains and i think they are a good class so i hope they make the right desion

Quote Originally Posted by mrchee

fo' shizzle my nizzle bizzle

So did warriors get anything new or exciting to replace heroic leap?

Quote Originally Posted by mrchee
    From the card game:
    http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/i...spx?cid=509251

She looks like a troll to me. What else would she be?

Wow an attractive troll /fap

and no warriors got a less exciting skill to remove any immobilizing effect instead of heroic leap, which is ok...but wtb heroic leap back.

15+ Year Old Account

While female trolls are the most attractive of the females it doesn't really look like a troll besides the color (missing tusks for one thing).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    It would feel very elegant to get rid of healing plate. But it is a pretty major change and one you aren't likely to see anytime soon. The logical choice is to make Holy (and all paladin healing really) scale off of AP somehow. But then you also need to solve the mana pool and regen problems because melee dps rings don't have int or mp5 on them.
    Uh... Holy paladins are going to need AP? Am I reading that wrong? I hope I am.... That.... sounds completely stupid.

15+ Year Old Account

whoa lots of shaman blue.

it's too bad the totem system sucks

Another thing that came up about the AP for holy pallies (again if I read the post right) that a guildie of mine said, is that this change is going to make healadins roll against plate wearing dps for gear. Just makes that idea even dumber...

the totem system doesn't suck. It's just special.

You know, the same as "MY MOMMY SAYS I'M SPECIAL".
    Or something...

No really, it sucks.
    Totems should be undestroyable and untargettable.
    But that would be too OP :/

Any suggestions?

reroll and stop crying?

Quote Originally Posted by BadTime
    reroll and stop crying?
    I'm not crying. I'm happy with the shaman play style.
    But totems are something completely unique in the whole game and needs a bit more perfection.

You should try to contribute than posting such a piece of senseless shit.

The taunt is called Hand of Judgement. It has a 30 yard range and 8 sec cooldown. It does a bit of Holy damage so that you can break sheep or freezing traps to pull mobs.
    Hurray! Finally a ranged attack for ninjatagging mobs in heavily contested areas :P

Why didnt they use the ghoul's Leap mechanics for Herioc Leap?

"The warrior leaps behind the target, slams down and causing X dmg to Y enemies and stunning them for Z damage."

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Why didnt they use the ghoul's Leap mechanics for Herioc Leap?

"The warrior leaps behind the target, slams down and causing X dmg to Y enemies and stunning them for Z damage."
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20252

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

It's not an impossible problem to solve, but it is a big one. Changing melee druids to share a lot of gear with rogues has been tricky and something we are still working on. (Source)
    But.. why? Wouldnt it be easier to make holy paladins use same mail gear as resto shamans? Of course, they dont really need same stats, but it would prob be easier to fix that then such a huge change with mana pool, ap scale with spell power etc..
    If it isnt broken, you havent been looking hard enough

nooo plz dont do this.. its enoth we share tier tokens with so many other if they now want even more to use same gear its just getting worse :'(