Thread: epidemic talent

epidemic talent

Im currently lv62 and I plan to spec my DK frost (either tank or dps). As many has already experienced, refreshing diseases can be a real pain without Epidemic.

I was thinking of a 16/55 blood/frost build but Im wondering whether a 13/51/7 build will give better mileage?

maybe someone playing frost at a higher lv can give advice thx.

Re: epidemic talent

Personally, i'd take it for blood or frost, i havnt tested it yet because im Unholy, but it can probably give you a few more sec to throw away some damage etc.
    If you're tanking the 5% dodge can help you a lot on avoiding damage, and then the 2 extra points for Epidemic wont kill you. If you're not tanking, then the bonus damage on Death Coil and lower cooldown on Death and Decay can boost your dps a bit.

kriS411

go for 13/51/7

Epidemic is awesome imo. It makes refreshing your diseases and whatnot a LOT less stressful, it slows down the frenetic pace of rotation, as you don't have to worry as much about refreshing. It makes rotations a little more forgiving.

And to the poster wondering about Epidemic and Unholy. If you are going to try unholy at some point, you should seriously consider incorporating Epidemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter
    If you are going to *play a DK* at some point, you should seriously consider incorporating Epidemic.
    I edited your statement for clarity.

Epidemic is just flat out mandatory for every spec. You can't do any full 2 rune set rotation without it, your diseases will drop off early and you'll sacrifice your hard earned death runes (on the 2nd rune set) to reapply diseases instead of pushing out one last FU ability.

The guy above me is right. Epidemic is absolutely crucial to rotations.

Unless you're deep unholy and you have the Scourge Strike glyph, but then it's still a lot more convenient than waiting on chance :V

That's honestly what I was thinking too, but I'm just not experienced enough with the Blood and Frost specs to concretely say that it's required for them too. =) Thanks for clarifying.

the hardest part of playing DK is controling ur diseases and runes
    epidemic makes your life 10x easier by increasing disease duration...
    both obliterate and scourge strike does way more dmg than IT+PS, and less GCD
    if there's 1 talent that i would rate to be most useful, it's probably epidemic..

It's safe to say that epidemic is pretty much included in all specs

I guess unless you go blood/frost to use obliterate as main U/F

Epidemic is very useful and i highly recommend it. That said though you can still make due without it you just have to adjust your rotation accordingly and be clever with your rune usage, blood tap glyphed helps a lot with this. I don't have it in my tanking build cause frankly sometimes you have to sacrifice some talents you want in order to get others. If you are in a position to take it though definitely get it.

clicky for armory

Ok, thanks for the advice.

FYI, i have indeed gone ahead and respeccted to get epidemic. Now it is possible to spam obliterates w/o worrying about diseases