15+ Year Old Account

how well would this raid composition work?

I really have never coordinated a raid nor put one together, i was always on the pvp side of the spectrum....i just got bored and decided to try it. Would a compostion like this work for a 25m? for sayyyy sartharion? Input? thanx...its for shits and giggles.....and what would you add, change, take away or arrange differently?
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

Re: how well would this raid composition work?

Did I miss something?

15+ Year Old Account

...what would there be to miss...its nothing serious, just messin around with raid compositions....do groups just get thrown together...are there particular set ups that are used for specific fights? Like i said i never really raided in my wow career too much, at least nothing other than 5 and 10 mans
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

What he means is that we dont see your plans for your raid composition so we cant help you add, change, take away or arrange anything

15+ Year Old Account

geez i thought i threw the link in..my bad, been a long day for me...here it is

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

You don't need 4 tanks for any of the 25-man raids, including Naxx. Drop a tank for a DPS. From what I've seen, Ferals and DK tanks still outdamage Prot Warriors when not tanking, and drastically outdamage Prot Pallies when they aren't tanking. Try to avoid stacking Pallies/Warriors unless they're going to be tanking all the time, or DPSing all the time (at least until dual-specs go in). Try to stick Shamans in mostly caster groups if they're dropping Mana Spring/Tide totems, as they aren't raid-wide yet. You might want to drop a melee DPS or two for ranged. Ranged almost always take less damage than melee DPS.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gilfan
    You don't need 4 tanks for any of the 25-man raids, including Naxx. Drop a tank for a DPS. From what I've seen, Ferals and DK tanks still outdamage Prot Warriors when not tanking, and drastically outdamage Prot Pallies when they aren't tanking. Try to avoid stacking Pallies/Warriors unless they're going to be tanking all the time, or DPSing all the time (at least until dual-specs go in). Try to stick Shamans in mostly caster groups if they're dropping Mana Spring/Tide totems, as they aren't raid-wide yet. You might want to drop a melee DPS or two for ranged. Ranged almost always take less damage than melee DPS.
    wow, u sound like ur a veteran at this....u have gray hair yet lol ? Were you here for the 40mans? by the way u explained it sounds like u were. and how drastically do the setups change for different insances...like naxx would u have more pallies for the exo/holy wrath for ex?

Another thing to consider is a disc priest, the buffs they give to the players theyre healing make them a very good choice now for MT healing, with 25-mans, a disc priest and a paladin on the MT make for some serious healing / mitigation.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndrunner
    Another thing to consider is a disc priest, the buffs they give to the players theyre healing make them a very good choice now for MT healing, with 25-mans, a disc priest and a paladin on the MT make for some serious healing / mitigation.
    oohhh yeah forgot about the disc priests

Quote Originally Posted by raziel083
    wow, u sound like ur a veteran at this....u have gray hair yet lol ? Were you here for the 40mans? by the way u explained it sounds like u were. and how drastically do the setups change for different insances...like naxx would u have more pallies for the exo/holy wrath for ex?
    Nope, joined late BC. And stacking Pallies for Naxx is a waste. Just go for a balanced raid.

And yeah, Disc Priests do make amazing tank healers, they're probably the worst at raid healing though. If you have one, keep them on a tank at all times. Leave the raid healing to someone else. (Bonus points if they're healing an Unholy DK tank. Unholy DK + Disc Priest is an amazing combo just because of how Bone Shield and Power Word: Shield work together.)

Deleted

as Blizz wrote " it is not the class it is the Player" thats means i think you should go with 7 healers 2 tanks and rest dps if you have ppl that know what they are doing then it would be np.

this boss is easier than most of tbc at lvl 80 if you take the drake around him

Deleted

... 6 tanks? wtf? Frost DK is good for only tanking.
    2 enha shamans?
    why stack holy paladins?

Just get 25 people and you can clear most 25man content. It's not that important to get perfect raid combo.