Thread: Gluth fun

Gluth fun

http://www.wowwiki.com/Gluth

* Decimate:
    Reduce the current health of all nearby units (friendly or enemy) to 5% of their maximum health. Affects both players and zombies. Used approximately every 90 seconds.
    Which, is what he generally sticks to.

However, he was casting it once every 10-15 seconds for us.
    Makes for quite an interesting fight suddenly..

Re: Gluth fun

Decimate has had some lovely bugs associated with it over the years.

There were the reports at 60 of the effect hitting *everything* in the instance, with guilds having a skeleton crew tank gluth long enough for him to decimate the four horsemen.

There was also something that happened to my guild once, again at 60. We had just wiped, gotten back, buffed and such, and as we were running back through the pipe for another attempt, gluth decided he'd go ahead and decimate the second he aggrod something. It was like a waterfall of corpses coming out of the pipe
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Deleted

Berserk - Gluth will Berserker enrage shortly after the fourth decimate, increasing all damage done by 1,000%.

How long did your attempt take?

In our last Naxx10clear, we killed him right 1-2seconds before his 2nd decimate, and the Zombies didn’t disappeared, and they all were still to 500k+ hp.

We thought we could have some fun in this fight, so we killed all the zombies anyway, took twice as long as killing the boss.

I was tanking them for our DPS to AoE them(I know, they stack a debuff) and I reached 89Debuffs stacked, still survived

I’ll maybe post a FRAPS’ed video of this when i get back home.
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

He glitched on us once and his first decimate didnt take everyone to 5% health it took everyone to 0% health. We came back and it didnt happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by lurked
    In our last Naxx10clear, we killed him right 1-2seconds before his 2nd decimate, and the Zombies didn’t disappeared, and they all were still to 500k+ hp.
    Happened to us on 25 man. Had about 20 zombies with crazy amount of health.
    [center]Ultemicia - Warlock

All 10/25 Ulduar Content Cleared - Except Algaon. Working on hard modes!
    All 10/25 WotLK Content Cleared - Including Sartharion + 3 Drakes

Bloodscalp EU

Ultemicia - Lv80 Warlock
    Tungusic - L80 Restoration Shaman
    Ingafel - L75 Rogue (In progress)
    Ratenu - L70 Prot Warrior (In progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Berserk - Gluth will Berserker enrage shortly after the fourth decimate, increasing all damage done by 1,000%.

How long did your attempt take?
    That quote is based on the timer.
    Luckily his enrage timer was ticking along normally :P

He did aggro us while we were still running in the pipe, so it's possible he soft reset once or twice while we were still running, which may have messed up some of his timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Decimate has had some lovely bugs associated with it over the years.

There were the reports at 60 of the effect hitting *everything* in the instance, with guilds having a skeleton crew tank gluth long enough for him to decimate the four horsemen.

There was also something that happened to my guild once, again at 60. We had just wiped, gotten back, buffed and such, and as we were running back through the pipe for another attempt, gluth decided he'd go ahead and decimate the second he aggrod something. It was like a waterfall of corpses coming out of the pipe
    The zombies "aggro" the boss when he does that, It would have been funny if "everything" in naxx would have aggroed him if that was the case. >_<

i find nothing is fun about the so called ''LAG'' boss..

dunno if its a server issue but every time we do this boss after the first decimate there is a huge delay for everyone in the read... 2-3 second delay on every attack..

which makes the fight pretty ugly..

the fight itself is cake but much more harder with the lag..

There was an old bug at 60 where Gluth decimated himself and didn't take into account his own lower health...resulting in the first decimate causing him to effectively suicide. Pretty funny stuff.

think this one is pretty awesome tbh
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0KjEDA&q=gluth
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Quote Originally Posted by kevzorr
    i find nothing is fun about the so called ''LAG'' boss..

dunno if its a server issue but every time we do this boss after the first decimate there is a huge delay for everyone in the read... 2-3 second delay on every attack..

which makes the fight pretty ugly..

the fight itself is cake but much more harder with the lag..

Ruin BG, right? The lag made us leave it.

Yeah, Gluth is an amazingly buggy encounter. Our very first time doing it, he didn't decimate at all. It was a pretty easy kill.

15+ Year Old Account

at my very first gluth attempt he was also doing crazy things at his decimate - as someone stated before he really puts everything down to 5% - including himself.

pretty easy fight, having 25 peoply kiting the adds until he decimates the first time made this kill pretty easy and pretty fast, too.

unfortunately we never get this version of buggy decimate again...