Moonkin on the Meters

I'm wondering what the dps of a moonkin has come to in Wrath. Approximately where are they on the meters on Patchwerk?
    I haven't been looking up on any new moonkin information ever sence the release of Wrath. Are they still facemelting the charts and continueing the old "Hybred vs. Purebred" arguement?

Rule# 1: Do not turn a creature of lesser intelligence into a creature of higher intelligence - Cerebral brain function rarely translates in a polymorph... But sometimes it does. Voracious creatures such as serpents and wolves need not have their predatory instincts honed with a human mind. We feel obligated to quote Small Claims Disaster Case 12651-B, Labeled, "Bartholomew: The Bear who Bears Arms."
    -Polymorphic Rules and Regulations.

Re: Moonkin on the Meters

Quote Originally Posted by khornate
    i rock around 4-4.5k on almost every naxx boss
    sometimes more.. sometimes less
    Sounds pretty nice, hit capped and everything too?
    Rule# 1: Do not turn a creature of lesser intelligence into a creature of higher intelligence - Cerebral brain function rarely translates in a polymorph... But sometimes it does. Voracious creatures such as serpents and wolves need not have their predatory instincts honed with a human mind. We feel obligated to quote Small Claims Disaster Case 12651-B, Labeled, "Bartholomew: The Bear who Bears Arms."

ya give us ur stats and strats and shit, id like to see how a fellow boomkin plays :P

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
    -Albert Einstein

http://wowwebstats.com/dgdvly5al14dm

WWS-report from our Naxx run from last week.

My rotation there generally was:
    - Moonfire
    - Insect swarm
    - Starfire till eclipse
    - Wrath during eclipse
    But general consensus is that apperently using wrath to proc starfire eclipse is better, but didn't get a chance to properly try it yet.
    You should also use starfall / treants every cooldown since they're a good dps increase.

Moonkin dps atm seems fine, i'm generally in the top 5 for most fights at the moment. Not sure how much that is me still outgearing some people though, so i'm curious to see how it will develop as everyone gears up more.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkat
    ya give us ur stats and strats and shit, id like to see how a fellow boomkin plays :P
    There are already plenty of threads about boomkin rotations and such. Personally I think the best spec and rotation is:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=071119050604
    MF, IS, SF, SF, SF, SF, SF, IS, SF, SF, SF, SF. Use Treants & Starfall when you've got em, and if you're not hit capped from gear then get Imp FF and keep it up in between other casts.

Some people think Eclipse is worth it, personally I don't, but it's mostly down to personal preference (most will agree that there really isn't a large difference).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Overall dps and damage doesn't give me much to work with. I'm kinda looking for mainly Patchwerk(25) dps and damage done.

Some people think Eclipse is worth it, personally I don't, but it's mostly down to personal preference (most will agree that there really isn't a large difference).
    I agree, I personally believe its a dps loss just looking at Wrath.

This is my version of what I think a raiding moonkin goes with.

Isn't it mildly ironic that the balance tree is so bloated?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelimagi
    This is my version of what I think a raiding moonkin goes with.
    I think you'll find yourself going OOM pretty easily in most raid boss fights. Dreamstate and Moonglow are considered the two worst of our regen abilities (OOC and Intensity are the best), and while the days of the OOMkin are generally behind us, you still have to be mindful of your mana.

Also, Genesys is considered pretty poor for a moonkin. It's more for resto druids to get into the balance tree for Moonglow, Nature's Grace and Nature's Splendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    I think you'll find yourself going OOM pretty easily in most raid boss fights.  Dreamstate and Moonglow are considered the two worst of our regen abilities (OOC and Intensity are the best), and while the days of the OOMkin are generally behind us, you still have to be mindful of your mana.

Also, Genesys is considered pretty poor for a moonkin.  It's more for resto druids to get into the balance tree for Moonglow, Nature's Grace and Nature's Splendor.
    Hm, maybe this then would be decent?

Also, where are all the moonkin? I don't believe many are online this evening/night.

Edit : Degrador, you lose a bit of dps while using wrath yea, but you gain it x5 while you have 30% more crit with starfire, it was proven that its def worth it, also noticed my own dps go up by alot when i started doing it
    There's more to it than just Wrath doing less DPS. Personally I found that NG procs during Wrath can actually screw up my rotation and I end up missing a cast which has a huge impact on DPS. You also lose out on Moonfire and IS ticks by using Eclipse (unless you somehow work a second cast of those after it procs or something). It's not so simple to actually 'prove' via simulators and such, and even then the simulators don't show it giving a large improvement - most I saw (including my own spreadsheet) say about 100 DPS or so. IMO it's not large enough to justify the difficulty and risk of the rotation to get it right.

I have also seen people say that their DPS goes up when they use the Eclipse procs - but have you actually changed your spec to not include Eclipse (and include something else that will help you) and then tested to give a fair comparison?

Nature's Grace finally reduces the GCD now? Okay then, yes Eclipse is something that will majorly increase dps. The problem before with moonkins spamming wrath, as I recall, was basically the whole fact that the proc didn't reduce the gcd which added a second or two of a no damage period which made it the suckfest.

Quote Originally Posted by khornate
    also natures grace reduce gcd now
    I know it does, but you still can't pre-cast the next spell while the current one is finishing if you're still within the GCD. This means that you must have a gap between Wrath casts, or you'll try and cast it before the Wrath finishes and have it fail 'cause you pressed it too early. Meanwhile with Starfire you can very easily press the button for the next one 0.5s before the last one finishes, regardless of whether it's a 3.0s or 2.5s cast due to NG.

I'm not saying the above will apply for everyone, and perhaps you will get more DPS out of Eclipse, I'm just saying that you'll still get excellent DPS by skipping Eclipse and using a standard MF, IS, SF rotation.

Nice DPS! I use the exact same rotation!

I'm a resto druid that occasionally specs Moonkin for fun. I'm hit capped, but have very little crit (wearing a decent amount of healing gear) and only 1500 spellpower. I've done some experiments with a test dummy and what I found was best was

Wrath spam till eclipse procs, moonfire as necessary.
    In my trials, IS actually decreased my dps because it reduced the number of wraths I could cast. i would assume as my gear got better this would get more pronounced, since IS can't crit.

My trials also indicated the wrath and starfire for almost the exact same dps (when used by themselves). My guess is the reason why wrath spam is better is twofold:

1) Eclipse procing is better for starfire than wrath. A 20% increase to wrath damage is a 20% increase. A 30% increase to starfire crit is a 30% increase to damage, plus a 30% increased chance to proc Nature's Grace.

2) Wrath is cast more often (faster cast time). Now this is made up for somewhat by the fact that eclipse only procs on 60% of wrath crits. However, it has half the cast time of Starfire, meaning wrath procs eclipse more often

One disadvantage of this is that wrath spam is more mana expensive. However, as your crit increase, you will get to spend more time casting starfire and less time casting wrath.

Wrath + 20% damage for me is 5k-6k wraths > Starfire 30%+ crit 8k-9k

Starfire has longer cast time and less overall less damage for dps.

Now I simply have trouble believing that.

20% of 5000 damage is 1000. So your claiming that your wrath hits from 5k before eclipse (6k after).
    Crits double the damage from a spell So if your starfire is critting for 8-9k, then your starfire is normally hitting for about 4k.

In other words your claiming your wrath (without eclipse) hits for more than your starfire (also without eclipse). Somehow I really doubt that.

If I remember correctly, my starfire crits for over 8k, but my wrath hits for more like 2-3k.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisulloa
    Wrath + 20% damage for me is 5k-6k wraths > Starfire 30%+ crit 8k-9k

Starfire has longer cast time and less overall less damage for dps.