Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Mirror Image in Naxx

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    -Mirror image takes aggro
    -Raid wipes
    -<Random raid member> who the f@ck overaggroed?
    -Mirror images point at you

lol
    You, sir, win the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel
    The fail in this thread is ridiculous.

Mirror Image is essentially Fade. When you pop it, you're all but invisible to the boss. When MI disappears, you regain the threat you had previous to popping it, as well as the threat you accrued during the MI period.

It isn't "free" DPS period (unless you combine it with Invis like someone mentioned); if you were about to pull hate before MI and then nuke harder during the buff, you're still going to be high on threat and possibly outright pull hate.
    I dont know about your raids but when I run Naxx with my guild, *If* i was to pull aggro on a boss, it's the tank's fault for not doing enough threat, not mine for overaggroing.

I'm siding with whoever it was that said "get better tanks" if you are pulling aggro with your images A good tank will have no issues with keeping aggro off you, even if you pop all your cooldowns right at the start of the fight and pull off 5000dps during the fight.

15+ Year Old Account

popped immages in 25 man thaddius adds....they ran form where i was standing alll teh way around the room and started to dps the other boss on the other platform...was pretty funny seing 3 me's runaway all teh way around the room to dps!

I popped it again one more time tonight, and yup, the images pulled. I just wanted to see if it happen again eventho I was ok on threat. However, I am beginning to think our tank just isnt generating enough threat either. I am pulling constantly on bosses and I wait way longer than I should to start dpsing. Other ppl are already spamming their nukes. I have to invis and ice block whenever its available. So, does anyone kno if they are planning on fixing this spell soon? I could certainly use it workin properly.

Post your specc!

Quote Originally Posted by XtgoodyX
    I have to invis and ice block whenever its available.
    Ice Block doesn't reduce your threat, so it's useless to use it on cd.
    /thread

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Blockbuster
    Ice Block doesn't reduce your threat, so it's useless to use it on cd.
    yup! the only thread reduction you get from ice block is the couple of seconds doing F all you spend in there! If your using it because you ripped agro and a boss is comming for you then the tank is less of a problem at that point than you are! Get omen stay under him then have it worked out after!

The images automatically start with 130-133% of "your" threat.

To steal a mob you only need 110% threat in melee range. and 130% at caster range.
    So, especially if you're standing close to the mob, as with thaddius and malygos, your images will be very likely to pull the boss from the tank.

We've seen this quite often at malygos as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel
    The fail in this thread is ridiculous.

Mirror Image is essentially Fade. When you pop it, you're all but invisible to the boss. When MI disappears, you regain the threat you had previous to popping it, as well as the threat you accrued during the MI period.

It isn't "free" DPS period (unless you combine it with Invis like someone mentioned); if you were about to pull hate before MI and then nuke harder during the buff, you're still going to be high on threat and possibly outright pull hate.
    not to be anal, but yeah, it is very much free dps period, until it ends =)
    Wether the boss is dead by then or you need to finish the period with a few invis ticks is up to you but for all practical purposes the period during wich MI is active you dps is free. No need to be go apeshit just because some people got it alittle wrong. This is MMO forums, not elitistjerks where everyone use flamboyant language have razorsharp attitudes and throw out 4 pages of algorithms to prove their point.
    <Clampy> "I remeber when i first started my character and i was leveling as protection wearing spirit gear and it took me about a year to go from 1-30. but i didnt care! because everything was new and exciting and I WAS A WARRIOR!"

I'm failing to see why they shouldn't be used on Faerlina. I understand they could sheep a target, but the only situations were this seems like an issue would be

10man - The mob was brought low and whoever was tanking it stopped hit it completely and it healed full. This happens often?

25man - Sheeped right before someone MCs one. Again, this is common?

If it sheeps one of the adds that isn't going to be used, that seems like it would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockbuster
    I don't think you have to use invis to drop threat, because you don't generate any threat as long as the images are up. So your threat will be the same as before when they die.
    When you cast MI you gain an invisible buff that modifies your current thread and just subtracts 9.000.000
    If the buff ends the 9.000.000 thread are added back so any thread you generate meanwhile is there as if nothing happend.

15+ Year Old Account

I thought it was 90.000 threat, not 9.000.000?
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Leialyn
    When you cast MI you gain an invisible buff that modifies your current thread and just subtracts 9.000.000
    If the buff ends the 9.000.000 thread are added back so any thread you generate meanwhile is there as if nothing happend.
    Hangon just a second, when the buff ends you gain 9.000.000 threat?
    This must be wrong, what your saying is that when you pop MI you get 30 seconds during wich you can dump all your cooldowns etc and once the buff ends your magically transferred back to the threatlevel you had when popping it? Countless Naxx25 runs beg to differ. If your on 100% of the tank and pop MI's and unleash all you have during 30 seconds, there is a very high chance you will get aggro once MI fades, atleast thats the impression I've got from gameplay.

Oh, and its "threat", "thread" is something you dabble into if your a tailor or troll forums
    <Clampy> "I remeber when i first started my character and i was leveling as protection wearing spirit gear and it took me about a year to go from 1-30. but i didnt care! because everything was new and exciting and I WAS A WARRIOR!"

The answer to your question is in the part you quoted. You drop 9mil and after 30 secs you gain it again.
    I've only managed to overaggro a tank once in Wrath raids so far. It was a special situation. I can almost always unload straight away and never gain aggro.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Quote Originally Posted by mgp84
    Easy Fix: Get Better Tanks.
    Its a bug... well from what I observed thats what I'm calling it. I was tanking 4 horseman on my Druid, mage popped them, and one of his clones passed me on threat. Omen had me at 106k, next closest target was 30k, image was at 136k. Caused a wipe as we were switching in the front, boss ran to other side to chase the image.

Other than them sheeping and running around, thats the only time I've seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterhighsmith View Post
    naxxramas is a great raid that is fun for the whole family.
    lol. Whoa at the 5 year old necro-revival. I know it's almost Halloween and all but holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by S31Ender View Post
    lol. Whoa at the 5 year old necro-revival. I know it's almost Halloween and all but holy crap.
    It was a spam necro poster, I would appreciate people not paying in these threads while I deal with these (from my phone no less) as it only makes my job more difficult. Closing this thread.