Experimental Trispec (2hander) (PvP)

In my search for a decent PvP spec (for arenas and the occasional BG), I tested out a spec with Bloody Strikes, and found that the boost to Blood Strike significantly increased my burst damage. Of course, Blood of the North in the Frost tree goes very nicely with this as well, so I fit that into my spec as well.

What makes this spec interesting is that I cannot live without Unholy, so I threw points into that as well, essentially making this a lopsided trispec.

I'll tell you what I think of it, and what I am in indecision about.

Spec: 23/40/8

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

What it does:

-Maxes Blood Strike damage, sufficiently increasing burst damage on your way to grabbing those death runes.

-Howling Blast is your main FU ability. I personally prefer Scourge Strike, but this build obviously bypasses this in order to obtain more Blood Strike Damage. Hopefully, this will be enough to overcome.

-Main RP dump is Death Coil. I found Frost Strike unreliable in PvP due at times due to the necessity of Melee range. My general rule of thumb for arenas so far is that I want to be using my GCDs in melee applying Blood Plague and Blood Striking for death Runes. Any time spent shortly outside of melee range while attempting to re-enter is used for ranged abilities, such as Icy Touch and Death Coil. I feel that this organized manner of DPS keeps me more focused on my target and less focused on spamming those moves while in melee range.

Why I chose this:

The AP boost and Survivability I obtain from the Blood tree I find that it is hard to live without (especially in the 2v2 bracket I play in).

No RP Mind Freezes have been invaluable for the time that I have been frost, as is Chillblains for the snare for Blood Strike Glyph.

It is helpful to not have people insta-curing all my diseases, and having to actually put forth an effort and a few more GCDs to keep them off.

-NOTE: I spent a good amount of time debating which talents were more important to get. Epidemic, Virulence, or Unbreakable Armor. This is where I would like your feedback the most.

Hope to get some productive feedback on this, and some good evidence and reasoning as to why it is or is not on par with other PvP specs such as 18/53/0, etc...

Extra section (comparing to my current Blood/Unholy spec I use for 2v2s)

My current spec is 23/0/48. Partially boosts Blood Strike, along w/ Glyph, where I obtain the snare from desecration.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...03150003133100

In comparison to my new trispec, I gain and lose options in PvP significant enough that debate can certainly rise from them. Before I state mine however, I would like to hear yours.

Thanks for Feedback

Re: Experimental Trispec (2hander) (PvP)

If it works and it kills people and you see the numbers that you would like to see. Keep it!

Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

haha yea i guess i just gotta do some testing then. Last time I was frost, my damage was absolutely horrific. I believe it was a lack of AP though. As blood/unholy, that wasnt an issue due to bladed armor and impurity.

Bump for feedback.