Starting 10man NAxx

My guild is starting 10 man NAxx and we're having massive issues, ie not downing a single boss... its been really stupid, I'm geared mostly from heroics and our tanks do really well in Heroics, so I'm guessing its a DPS or Heal problem,I was wondering if someone could give me the reccomended +atk for melee and hunters, the reccommended +SP for heals and casters. I need to know for all classes thank you.

Re: Starting 10man NAxx

I am not in a guild but the last 3 weeks I have ran 3 naxx 10man pugs with alot of the same people and we have had issues but rectified them pretty easily. First week we did spider wing. 2nd week we did spider/plague, 3rd week we did spider/plague/military, patchwerk and grobb. 2 nights per week.

The biggest issues you will have in Naxxramas is DPS. DPS classes can get away with alot of crap in heroics being undergeared but in Naxx and ESPECIALLY 10man naxx you can really point out where the weight isnt being pulled at.

You should be doing Spider then Plague then Military and then Abomination in that order. Maybe skipping Loatheb in plague.

As far as stats go here is what we have found out is necessary.

Main Tank (Me): I started with 24khp 540def about 35% combined dodge/parry. And I had no problems what so ever. 540 def cap is not negotiable

Off tank: We used a prot pally friend of ours with 20k hp and not even def capped for spider/plague (510def) and he did just fine. He is now def capped though.

Healers: I am not 100% sure but we have used Druids with 1400sp and Priests with 1500-1600 and had no issues. I would say 1500 is a good starting point and easily obtained thru heroics.

DPS (biggest thing): Everyone should be doing 1800dps without question and this is EASY to obtain through heroics.

AP should be over 3k , on any dps class, no questions asked and the biggest stat that pug/guild leaders overlook is hit rating. Hit rating is important.... just like TBC, sure you wont get hit capped going into naxx but you should be on your way... The new hit caps vary by class but most casters is 376 or something around there and rogues are 700+ , hunters/ret pallies 296 I think.

I dont really know what SP for mages/warlocks/boomkins should be. We use ones that range from 1400 and 1700 sp and they all pull their weight on the DPS meter. We expect 1800+ but most people have worked in heroics and do 2k+ in raids besides our ret pally who puts around 1900 and rogue hovers between 1900-2100 depending on the boss.

I am not a super knowledgable guy in WoW but I have been doing 10man pugs since TBC and naxx I have figured out the needs of the runs. DPS is always the problem it seems. If you cant kill the Crypt Fiends on AnubRekhan in like 20 seconds or less, it is going to be hard. Our first time in there it took us like 30-60secs to down the adds on that boss and we barely killed him.

Good luck, have fun

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak
    You should be doing Spider then Plague then Military and then Abomination in that order. Maybe skipping Loatheb in plague.
    You should never skip Loatheb. We've never wiped to him in either 10 or 25 man. In fact, if you have a Paladin tank, a Priest or Paladin healer and any hybrid DPS class, I honestly believe it isn't even possible to wipe on him. A combination of Prot Paladin, Holy Paladin and Enhancement Shaman could quite conceivably three-man him, so long as you don't mind the fight lasting two hours.

with decent heroic craft gear its deffently possible to pull of 1.5/1.8k dmg as a mage.

When you get heroic epics and some naxx epics and FFB specced 2.5k +- is verry doable.

take the best dps you can get
    Warriors
    Rets.
    Hunters
    mages
    Boomkins,

rest isnt as good as TBC, i.e. ele shamans, rogues, sp etc

Malleus, Loatheb is a total DPS race, if you can barely kill Anubrekhan , its probably DPS. When you arrive to Loatheb you arent gonna be able to down him. Unless you're using 2heals 6dps which I DOUBT they are if they are starting naxx. My pug group has personally never died to Loatheb, we barely killed him the first time and very close 2nd time. But we use 3 heals 5 dps. I was just saying you can skip him instead of banging your head against a wall if your DPS is low.

Best part of naxx is being able to skip bosses that give you issues based on your group makeup.

And I'm guessing the 3man thing is a joke... or something because the doom quickens as the fight goes on and becomes unhealable...

why not nookey? I went there first week I hit 80 and all the DPS was doing 1300 or lower besides my hunter friend doing 2k+ who was appropriately geared in heroics....

The healers had Full Mana and the dps was out of mana and Anub was like at 60%... sounds like gear to me

anyways, good luck, football time! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Phoef

take the best dps you can get
    Warriors
    Rets.
    Hunters
    mages
    Boomkins,

rest isnt as good as TBC, i.e. ele shamans, rogues, sp etc
    Man blizz buffed spriest alot and they are very good in naxx! im always in the first dps in 10 and 25 man naxx

and dont forget that spriests can now aoe. Mind sear is a decent aoe spell

yep its true spriest actually does pretty sick dps now.

about lotheb, he is one of the easiest bosses in naxx and yes he has been three manned. The stacks don't keep rising.. once they to 1500 or 1800 per hit then they dont rise anymore. and since this the boss doesn't hit hard at all this is the only damage you have to worry about.

Considering most people are around 18-20k hp with buffs these days, it's pretty much impossible to wipe here. as it would mean people arn't getting any heals for three 'phases' where they can be healed.

anyone that has atleast 2 level 80 items should be doing 2k+ dps easily if there not pulling that off there bad

Naxxramas has been nerfed into the floor, I really pity anyone in a guild that's having issues in it, even Karazhan is multiple times over harder now.

While my fairly dang casual guild stomped it into the floor, I was always disappointed with a fair few of the members DPS.

Although after running a pug Heroic VoA, and seeing 50% of the DPS below 1500, and a Night Elf (of course) DK below 1000, I'm a lot more confident about things!

I'll never get over that though, below 1k on a DK... I'm a Holy Paladin, the bottom rung of the bottom rung of DPS in the game, and I can maintain 1150 on a target dummy solo.

The ONLY time classes matter is if your taking like 6 rogues. You need to get a good mix of buffs. You certainly don't need all buffs, but obviously the more the better.

The dps difference in classes pales in comparison to the difference between a bad player and a good player. I have seen boomkins at 3500+ and I have seen some at sub 1500. The list above probably lists the higher dps classes if everything was equal, but all the other classes that weren't included can easily sustain minimum dps than everyone else has posted about(1800, 2k, whatever...).

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Do the target dummies provide good indicators of what their dps will be inside of Naxx?

Deleted

why not nookey? I went there first week I hit 80 and all the DPS was doing 1300 or lower besides my hunter friend doing 2k+ who was appropriately geared in heroics....

The healers had Full Mana and the dps was out of mana and Anub was like at 60%... sounds like gear to me

anyways, good luck, football time! ;D
    I went there the first day I dinged 80 on my DK ( The first monday after release, what 5 days in to the game ), and we cleared 2 wings without any gear problems.

Naxx aint about clear, it's doable in blues. There just are players who know what a DPS rotation is, and players who smash keyboard randomly.

About Loateb, he's been 2 manned by a Holy Pala and a Prot Warrior, in fact, imo, 2-3 manning it is easier. Or well, that's what i find as a healer, the Inevitable doom does become more frequent as the fight goes on, but it never goes up so much that you'll wipe. From a healer view, if i had the time to do it 2-3 man every week (and if the rest of the raid wouldn't be pissed) then i would. The problem people are having is that 3 undergeared healers can't heal up the 10man raid of undergeared dps'ers in time, so everyone just gets gibbed.

/gkick your bad dps. Ending fights in reasonable time is what makes naxx easy.

besides wings - is there a boss order you all recommend ? From easiest to hardest
    Pally- Dreamstate - Shu'Halo
    Shaman- Dreamkeeper - Shu'Halo

AP should be over 3k , on any dps class, no questions asked and the biggest stat that pug/guild leaders overlook is hit rating. Hit rating is important.... just like TBC, sure you wont get hit capped going into naxx but you should be on your way... The new hit caps vary by class but most casters is 376 or something around there and rogues are 700+ , hunters/ret pallies 296 I think.
    Just for the record, yes the new hit cap for rogues is 700+, but no, rogues to go for full hit cap no more. Asking more then 200-250hit from a rogue geared to enter naxx is unfair, since its hardly possible to do, and not needed. With a Boomkin/Warlock in raid + a Shaman for hit aura, 237hit is enough to get poison capped. Rough estimate for a rogue in Heroic blues + the legs from Gundrak is about 170ish, which should be enough to push out the 1800 dps. Rather ask him what his expertise rating is aswell, which should be around 17 or 18, with both of those stats and rogue that knows how to play will do fine.