Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Council Hard Mode EU First Kill, Battle-Bots, Comics

Iron Council Hard Mode EU First Kill
    Silent (EU-Illidan) defeated the Iron Council in hard mode last night, the Hall of Fame has been updated.

Patch 3.1.2 - Battle-Bots
    Patch 3.1.2 will include a new mini-pet, the Battle-Bot. We don't have many details on these bots for the moment but it looks like they will have a couple of abilities and will use multiple types of fuel.
    • Battle-Bot - Right Click to summon and dismiss your Battle-Bot
    • Blue Battle Fuel - Fill up your Battle-Bot with blue fuel.
    • Red Battle Fuel - Fill up your Battle-Bot with red fuel.

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Class changes in future patches
    All I meant was that 3.2's list of class changes will probably be much smaller than 3.1. We will still make class changes. I was speaking more to those players who feel like they can't even get a feel for how things work because they changed in 3.0, maybe even 3.09 and 3.1. (Source)

Patch 3.2 class changes
    Some classes probably do need buffs. Other players are losing some Arena matches or are not at the tops of damage meters and are laying all of the blame at our feet instead of asking if there is anything they can do better.

I did say we would keep changing numbers though. My message was more for players, like the OP, who feel like they don't have a chance to get a feel for how all of the mechanics are working because they change so frequently. I would not expect that rate of change to continue. I didn't say the game was done.

There are a few classes or specs that will probably continue to see more changes than others. DKs as a new class have 5 years of player history to catch up to. The Ret rotation is something we already said we'd like to evolve further.

TLDR: don't expect 3.2 to have a list of class changes as epic as 3.1. Sometimes you guys make it hard to say anything because our comments are so over-interpreted. (Source)
    Comics
    Dark Legacy Comic #187 is out!

Re: Council Hard Mode EU First Kill, Battle-Bots, Comics

<3 DLC

15+ Year Old Account

I'm disapointed !!
    I thought that my DPS will be nerf again by 10% at 3.2 !
    DK Pal and Droods are hybrid classes with an awesome DPS now, so 10% for everyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchboxx
    They obviously exploited/cheesed the encounter by having the tanks hearth out after receiving the debuff, causing him to not get healed or receive the damage buff.
    No we dont, if you have time to spend, you cand check the armory and see that there are 25 players with the achievment.

And our GM were not in the raid, is not on the screen, and dont earn the ach, Whats the pb ?

I couldnt find the GM on the screen either, its too small - stop QQing already. The only thing you can blame the GM for is his 5/53/12 protection specc, lol.

Grats Silent!

ghostcrawler should visit 4chan a little less, maybe that would help his inability to express himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by SyncMaster
    I couldnt find the GM on the screen either, its too small - stop QQing already. The only thing you can blame the GM for is his 5/53/12 protection specc, lol.
    yea, I really wish everyone would stop QQing already! or are they just speculating about something you find silly? :
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Deleted

Forgive our mistrust but its a bit unexpected to see the nr 7 guild of some realm get the world first post 3.1.1 kill, when only 1 guild killed it pre-buff.

Deleted

Hm, wasn't there some news that Ensidia has defeated all hard modes and thus is the first guild to do the Avalon (sp?) encounter? How can the next news be that some other guild has a world-first hardmode kill?

Or do you only need the Medium-Hard-mode on the council for getting to the hard-only boss?

Battle Fuel... Game Fuel? Could be something promotional like the ice bear for Coke/China back then.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

"Or do you only need the Medium-Hard-mode on the council for getting to the hard-only boss?"

Correct.

I'd really like to know how they did this :<

Hum, battlebots.
    Kind of reminds me of that series on the BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss
    Hm, wasn't there some news that Ensidia has defeated all hard modes and thus is the first guild to do the Avalon (sp?) encounter? How can the next news be that some other guild has a world-first hardmode kill?

Or do you only need the Medium-Hard-mode on the council for getting to the hard-only boss?

You don't need The Assembly of Iron hardmode to get to Algolon. You can do it with the Runemaster last and still have a disk drop (=> gives you the quests to "save" the 4 watchers on hardmode - Mimiron, Hodir, Freya and Thorim).

* Battle-Bot - Right Click to summon and dismiss your Battle-Bot
    * Blue Battle Fuel - Fill up your Battle-Bot with blue fuel.
    * Red Battle Fuel - Fill up your Battle-Bot with red fuel.
    Interesting how the 'fuels' match up with the Mountain Dew WoW edition
    soon to come out this year.

http://wow.curse.com/blogs/wow-en-ne...ew-design.aspx

It looks like blue = mana, red = hp

Quote Originally Posted by domtar
    Interesting how the 'fuels' match up with the Mountain Dew WoW edition
    soon to come out this year.

http://wow.curse.com/blogs/wow-en-ne...ew-design.aspx
    Oh God.. this can't be true. Sadly, it seems to be the case.

I have already read some scepticism comments. Well, I am giving some explanations.

This kill was done without any bugs or exploits!

We used the most basic game mechanisms: which character can die without impacting the raid ??

--> pets

Of course it appears easier than the brutal way (9-10k dps /player), but it is still challenging and fun.
    Blizz could patch the event to avoid pet tanking, but it would be another no-sense.

Try it!

Gabuk, raid lead
    Also at the end of the day who gives a whoop.
    Ensidia also got to Algalon by haxxor'ing on Hodir (inb4 "Clever use of game mechanics")

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by richay
    I'd really like to know how they did this :<
    Apparently Steelbreaker won't use Overwhelming Power on pets, so by using a pet as tank you can ignore his Phase3 ability (and remove the DPS race).

edit: too late

n1 blizz