Gathering professions for twinks?

i just started my first twink out and im close to having everything i need for him, but then i came to think about those gathering professions, i made up my mind early regarding them that i was going for mining and skinning for master of anatomy passive buff and toughness passive buff (crit rating and health) since gathering professions doesent have a level restriction, does that mean that i can get those 500 extra Hp from maxing out mining, and 25 crit rating from maxing out skinning? if so it would be awesome, and well worth the twinks taking themselfes the time to max out those professions, or is it a "bugg" that will get fixed? if so are those who maxed out going to keep it? since blizz seem to have "an eye closed" for those who took advantage of things that wasent really intentional from the beginning

would be awesome if anyone knew anything about this, do i dare to max them out? if im not allowed to keep it if it changes its alot of unnessecary work

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Gathering professions for twinks?

Gathering profs do in fact have a level requirement. Can't quite remember when each one hits - but they are there. That being said, those two gathering profs are great for twink-age-ness.

5, 10, 20, 40, 55, 65 iirc.

i checked up some on wowhead and also read some forums and there is nothing that indicated a level requirement :| could you post a link if you know any?

Those requirements were lifted recently. The very page you linked confirms this.

Some of the professions, especially gathering and secondary professions, do not have character level requirements for some proficiency levels, but others do.
    Gathering and Secondary professions no longer have level requirements.

The third comment, second reply, confirms a level 19 twink can get rank 6 toughness, which requires grand master mining:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=50310#comments

Fixed: Added the word Gathering to my response. Apparently reading the quote was too much to ask...

Edit 2: Added Link

15+ Year Old Account

Mining and Skinning are not secondary professions.

First Aid, Fishing and Cooking are.

Quote Originally Posted by fluid8
    Mining and Skinning are not secondary professions.

First Aid, Fishing and Cooking are.
    But Mining and Skinning are gathering professions hence no level req.

no level requirement. not even for enchanting!

though on a side note... have you ever looked up the word, 'twink' on a dictinary or something... funny hehe. and yes, lifebloom is awesome. self healing rogues ftw!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this forum are getting worser and worser

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Baldymcgee
    no level requirement. not even for enchanting!

though on a side note... have you ever looked up the word, 'twink' on a dictinary or something... funny hehe. and yes, lifebloom is awesome. self healing rogues ftw!
    Um, you guys really need to pull your heads out. All primary professions, including gathering professions, have level requirements and restrictions. Especially enchanting.

Wowhead is really messed up atm - not even listing mining or skinning under their professions. Not sure what's up over there . . . .

Well perhaps the req lvls have changed... my enchanter is a lvl 51, prior to wrath, if you wanted to be past 300 enchanting you needed to be lvl 55 if im not mistaking. my druid is still lvl 51 and my enchanting is at 341.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this forum are getting worser and worser

Quote Originally Posted by cubby
    All primary professions, including gathering professions, have level requirements and restrictions. Especially enchanting.
    You are wrong...if you do not trust the comments from wowhead, that is understandable, but here is a quote from the official World of Warcraft page outlining previous patches

Professions

* The level requirements required to train gathering skills have been removed.
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/

If you do not believe me...use your browsers search function. This change was made live in patch 3.0.3 and is listed on the patch notes. It is under the Professions sub category.

In regards to enchanting...it does seem weird that that would have been lumped in with the gathering professions when their requirements were removed...but I cannot verify either way. Judging from anecdotal evidence in this thread...it looks like that may be the case, but I cannot verify as all of my Grand Master enchanters are already level 65+

Thanks for the replyes, its still a bit confusing but it seems like the level cap (if there ever was one?) was removed from gathering professions, thanks

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Well color me a noob (can't ever remember which spelling is the "you're an idiot" rather than the "you're pretty new so we don't hate you too much yet" - but obviously, in this case (and in many others), I fall into the former. Thanks for setting me straight (and not completely face-crushing me verbally either ).

I'm fairly certain (although my confidence level is no longer at "green" after the gathering prof debacle) that enchanting still has a level requirement - but that the 300 mark only requires level 50 (it's that way with the others). I have an alt that's a 390 enchanter - but he's level 70 so I can't tell at all about the level requirements.

Edit: am I wrong in thinking that even if there is no longer a level requirement, per se, that there is still a practical level requirement because the higher end stuff calls for killing high end mobs (skinning) or being in really high end areas (mining/herbing)?

You are entirely correct that there is a soft cap for your gathering as getting to the higher level stuff can be tricky. But twinks get around that with guild support from higher level toons. Also...you are correct...and I wasn't paying close enough attention, but master profession training is allowable at level 50.

A lvl 51 would be able to train master enchanting. The wowwiki article earlier confirms that level requirement. We all make mistakes...as I just demonstrated I am far from infallible as well, so I usually try to not sound like a douche when correcting stuff. I am glad you did not take offense Wowhead is far from the end all be all source of information, but it is usually the easiest to track stuff down. That's why I went that route first.

To the OP, if you have the support of a guild to level your professions all the way through the northrend training, Mining is nice for the added health, and herbalism and skinning are nice for their self healing and crit rating respectively...so really it is more a matter of what will be easy for you to grind and what class you are. Health and crit rating are nice, but if you have no other means of healing than band-aids, I would consider herbalism fairly heavily too. Just start early so the exploration XP doesn't nip you in the butt.

You can max out gathering professions. They did futz around with the level requirements for the normal tradeskills.

Depending on the bracket however, engineering and jewelcrafting are also both viable twink professions. There is crafter only gear for them which may be best in slot for a twink. Enchanting is only a worthwhile profession for a 59 or 60 twink.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...in+Tor&n=Sharp
    If you need any more proof about gathering professions. Feel free to ask me about twinking, I have several twinks done or in progress.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

I was wondering if any other non-gathering profs would be beneficial to twinks. I'm looking at 19/29/39 - not any higher and the lower the better (i.e. 19 is best). I know Eng is good for the head - what other tips and/or ideas do you have?

Good luck farming in outland and northrend!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby
    I was wondering if any other non-gathering profs would be beneficial to twinks. I'm looking at 19/29/39 - not any higher and the lower the better (i.e. 19 is best). I know Eng is good for the head - what other tips and/or ideas do you have?
    Engineering is king is most brackets. 19 and 29 give you some great gear and trinkets. At 19 you want the headpiece. At 29 you get the +agil cape with a slowfall on-use ability, It's incredible for any melee class or hunters and can be enchanted by TBC level enchants (more agil).

Jewelcrafting is oddly useful for the 39 bracket because there are a few JC only trinkets in that level range. Not all the patterns are learned at the trainer however, you might need to scan the AH. Compare them to the engineering trinkets to see if you want one or the other, or both.

Enchanting only works if you twink 59 or up. It's possible (but extremely painful) to get ring enchants from rep factions.

The best way to design any level 19 or 29 twink is to ask "Can I put a crazy enchant on this?" before you spend time acquiring stuff. You can buy some, but not nearly all your gear at the AH. Twink pants must always be BoE, as you can put TBC leg armor on them with your main and send them to your toon. Check long quest chains to see if you end up with a high iLvl item at the end. The best twinks aren't made with a pile of money and a few minutes at the AH, spend some time on wowhead and you'll be surprised how much great gear you can get.

Gathering professions have no level req.

More proof it is possible, just click my sig for armory profile.