DPS Spec ( Not raiding )

Looking for a good DPS spec for Death Knight, but not for raiding, mainly for farming/questing. Still new to the Death Knight stuffs, dont know about the ability rotation or anything. If someone want to explain some stuff, please do !

Thank you

Re: DPS Spec ( Not raiding )

I will be doing this hybrid spec once i get back into the game
    41 blood, 4 frost, 26 unholy
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMq...Z0LZfMhhxfk00o
    I play on a PvP server so i set my specs up for pvp and solo/questing/grinding
    Founders of WAR!
    DEATH to all Ally scum!

Quote Originally Posted by cdgamer
    I will be doing this hybrid spec once i get back into the game
    41 blood, 4 frost, 26 unholy
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMq...Z0LZfMhhxfk00o
    I play on a PvP server so i set my specs up for pvp and solo/questing/grinding
    I'm really confused about what you're trying to accomplish with this build. First, the points you put into toughness are totally wasted. Let's say you have 14K armor for grinding, those 4 talents are going to give you 1540 armor -- less than 45AP from bladed armor. At the same time you're walking away from a 10% AP boost (and 2% str boost) from Abomination's Might, as well as 2 of the best survival talents in the blood tree (Mark of Blood and Vampiric Blood) which will help you in PvP and PvE much more than a small amount of armor and a paltry amount of AP.

I'm also not convinced that the points you put in Virulence are particularly well-spent. Most of your damage is coming from physical attacks, so spell hit (which impacts only DC and IT -- I think) probably shouldn't be a priority over Impurity which will improve the coefficients on all of your spells (even those that use the melee hit table).

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    I'm really confused about what you're trying to accomplish with this build. First, the points you put into toughness are totally wasted. Let's say you have 14K armor for grinding, those 4 talents are going to give you 1540 armor -- less than 45AP from bladed armor. At the same time you're walking away from a 10% AP boost (and 2% str boost) from Abomination's Might, as well as 2 of the best survival talents in the blood tree (Mark of Blood and Vampiric Blood) which will help you in PvP and PvE much more than a small amount of armor and a paltry amount of AP.

I'm also not convinced that the points you put in Virulence are particularly well-spent. Most of your damage is coming from physical attacks, so spell hit (which impacts only DC and IT -- I think) probably shouldn't be a priority over Impurity which will improve the coefficients on all of your spells (even those that use the melee hit table).
    Abomination's Might is a Proc chance while toughness gives armor + AP and reduces of being kitted by range classes (aka movement impairing effects)
    I think i can and will change out Virulence for Impurity thought even if it is for 15% with 3/5
    Impurity is based off Attack Power
    Without AM i lose only 2% Str bonus from it i still will have 11% Str 8% Sta 6 expertise bonus from 3 other talents
    Founders of WAR!
    DEATH to all Ally scum!

15+ Year Old Account

Abom's might procs all the time. No reason not to get it because it's a proc. 1546 armor and 45 AP is not as good as that proc.

would it work better like this then
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMq...Z0bZfM0hxfkh0o
    Founders of WAR!
    DEATH to all Ally scum!

Abomination's Might is a Proc chance while toughness gives armor + AP and reduces of being kitted by range classes (aka movement impairing effects)
    I think i can and will change out Virulence for Impurity thought even if it is for 15% with 3/5
    Impurity is based off Attack Power
    Without AM i lose only 2% Str bonus from it i still will have 11% Str 8% Sta 6 expertise bonus from 3 other talents
    I see where you're going, but I'm not convinced that the points are worthwhile. Let's think about classes that use slows a lot:

Rogue: not a major concern because they use it for kite prevention and you want them up close.
    Warrior: same story
    Death Knight: Same story
    Shaman: ENH: same story Resto/Elemental: Has some utility for closing distance given the CD.
    Mage: Slow effect is spammable so the lowered duration is trivial.
    Warlock: Slow effect is 1) talented 2) slight 3) you own them anyway
    Druid: May have some utility for reducing root duration-- although it is spammable.
    Pally: I can't think of a true "slow" -- they can limit you to your normal speed, but that's it.
    Priest: Slow is a channeled, spammable ability so the duration reduction is trivial.
    Hunter: truthfully, I'm not familiar enough with their mechanics right now to comment.

So at best, you're making life a little harder on Druids, Elemental Shamans (resto won't be trying to gank you) and maybe hunters (but my suspicion is that given all the tools in their toolkit they will probably be able to kite you anyway somewhat like mages).

Now, Mark of Blood and Vampiric Blood will, at the very least, make you much harder to kill by Warrior, Death Knights, Feral Druids and Rogues due to your added health regeneration. Shaman and Hunters will be able to purge Vampiric Blood (I think) but will have to live with Mark of Blood. Pallys will have to live with Vampiric Blood, but will be able to cleanse mark of blood.

It's totally up to you, but duration for most of the roots and snares is trivial because they are spammable and therefore pretty much unaviodable or are used by melee you are already trying to get up-close and personal with. I'm not saying the anti-snare/root effect won't be important ever, I just doubt you'll get all the utility out of it that you're expecting.

Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    I see where you're going, but I'm not convinced that the points are worthwhile. Let's think about classes that use slows a lot:

Rogue: not a major concern because they use it for kite prevention and you want them up close.
    Warrior: same story
    Death Knight: Same story
    Shaman: ENH: same story Resto/Elemental: Has some utility for closing distance given the CD.
    Mage: Slow effect is spammable so the lowered duration is trivial.
    Warlock: Slow effect is 1) talented 2) slight 3) you own them anyway
    Druid: May have some utility for reducing root duration-- although it is spammable.
    Pally: I can't think of a true "slow" -- they can limit you to your normal speed, but that's it.
    Priest: Slow is a channeled, spammable ability so the duration reduction is trivial.
    Hunter: truthfully, I'm not familiar enough with their mechanics right now to comment.

So at best, you're making life a little harder on Druids, Elemental Shamans (resto won't be trying to gank you) and maybe hunters (but my suspicion is that given all the tools in their toolkit they will probably be able to kite you anyway somewhat like mages).

Now, Mark of Blood and Vampiric Blood will, at the very least, make you much harder to kill by Warrior, Death Knights, Feral Druids and Rogues due to your added health regeneration. Shaman and Hunters will be able to purge Vampiric Blood (I think) but will have to live with Mark of Blood. Pallys will have to live with Vampiric Blood, but will be able to cleanse mark of blood.

It's totally up to you, but duration for most of the roots and snares is trivial because they are spammable and therefore pretty much unaviodable or are used by melee you are already trying to get up-close and personal with. I'm not saying the anti-snare/root effect won't be important ever, I just doubt you'll get all the utility out of it that you're expecting.
    so it might be able to work better like this
    Founders of WAR!
    DEATH to all Ally scum!

so it might be able to work better like this
    I think that's a big improvement. It's not the way I would do it, but that's the joy of all those big talent trees: we each get to decide how we want to play and what we want to emphasize. I suspect that you'll be happier with the build you linked above than the one you stared out with.