Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Pally Tank Malygos Req.

1361 BV with the stats posted above. It'll be 1310 BV in perfect gear.

Here's the CA macro if you still need it:

Code:
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combined avoidance. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() +5+(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL) + 20)*0.04,1,0.5,0)

Quote Originally Posted by monalin
    1.5k unbuffed BV? Can I see you're armory link please? I have a couple pieces of Block gear and i have really good str over 1200 but i cant seem to get past 1385 or so block i don't know what i'm missing.
    Here
    Still doesn't show BV on armory though >_>
    Got some more block value pieces in the bank ATM

Just like to throw this..

You do not need the 102.6 anymore..

Bosses no longer crush.

thanks

~~

The thing really here is the melee hits, they are not much different on heroic than they are on 10 man, the big difference is the breath attack, that can deal upwards 23-24k damage. If the dragon gets a spark, it does a lot more and can pretty much one shot most undergeared tanks. As long as your uncrittable and have at least 33k min raid buffed, its all on your dps and coordination at that point.

Did you even read this thread? I dont think so ... but hey, lets all post some bullshit! :>

If you're a pally tank with atleast some clue, you'd know that 102,4% matter alot - it's elemental for tanking because its easy to archieve and prefends you from alot of damage, especially on Malygos where every hit after his breath could be your death.

yes I did read this thread, and for instance, I dont have (cant anymore now) get 102.6 except once every 40 seconds or so, it really doesnt matter anymore. I eat the same hits you do, I take the same damage you do, and more often because I cant spam a little shield button everytime my charges go away.

It really doesn't matter.

Also, I think you would rather AVOID the attack instead of block 1k damage of a 13k hit right? I mean.. just saying that seems to make more sense.

Nilinor Paladin is not the same as a warrior, k?

Oh no shit, I didnt realize that hmm

I guess the same gear, and same itemization didnt help either that you all roll on the same things I do?

Or the fact we take same damages whether magical or physical? (Dk's and druids dont because they differ itemization)

Its close enough where I can give advice, and really, at least for malygos, the more hp the better, because its up to you to live through the hits, and up to your healers to bring you back. On top of that its on your dps to bring him to 50, and not let him eat charges. You can have your 102.6 if you want, but doesn't matter if you block all the time, you still would lack the hp to survive the hit, even with the 1k block.

I only been tanking alongside paladins and such since they became viable, I wouldn't have a clue what the hell im talking about would I?

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...glade&n=Aidiko

this is my armory, and i hardly have anything more or less,
    i tanked maly on our 10 man kill, 25 man kill and any kill past that.

meening to say, We can!, i might only have a mere 37.5K hp buffed but our tankdrops just sucked since we started farming naxx and all >.>
    rly, dont let anyone tell you if you can or cant, go there check it out and get it done.

===JoL is 2.5K more tps on HC naxx :O!!!===

Btw, stacking Crit and parry to stack Real avoidance XXROFLXX
    [Quote from bignoob]"lol i stack crit and parry if i can they are the real AVOIDance"[Close Quote] Honor thy name!

Just Fyi, the more block value you vale the more you'll deal dmg with ShoR (which means more threat) so keep that in mind before dumping all your block value gear.... i personally love it.
    From Beta: "WoW is now a turn-based game, GG"

Quote Originally Posted by Cho
    Did you even read this thread? I dont think so ... but hey, lets all post some bullshit! :>

If you're a pally tank with atleast some clue, you'd know that 102,4% matter alot - it's elemental for tanking because its easy to archieve and prefends you from alot of damage, especially on Malygos where every hit after his breath could be your death.
    I think you are missing the point whereby people are not disputing that it isnt nice to have the magic figure of total avoidance - but are merely stating that it is no longer a mandatory requirement for raiding where pre-wotlk it was due the the existance of crushing blows within raids.

Then: Must be crush immune or say bye-bye to instagibbed tank
    Now: Nice to have the extra damage reduction/avoidance, but can survive still without it.

See the subtle difference?

While warriors got their shieldblock on a 45sec CD we got our on 8sec and it lasts 10sec = chainable.

If you're a warrior it doesnt matter if have it every 45sec - but it does matter as long as you can spam shieldblock.

And now for the 1000 time, it is a elemantery stat for a protadin who is seriousily tanking staff in his guild. If you didnt got it now, you're lost - while stacking parry/dodge or stam is something whichs based on your play style and your guild, you have a permanent 2.000+ dmg incoming than any other tank.

Call it as you want, CB immun / block cap or wtf - it still matters.

learn your class,
    avoidance aye, Block Yash!, hit/expertise Yash!
    But, manaproblems in raids? Are you serious??
    i never had mana problems, if you dodge you get 150ish mana, not using consecrate its enough to keep ShieldoR,HoR,Jol and HS on all the time.

As MT you have 0 MP problems - if you want to dps (while not tanking) use Seal of Blood. And now stop the useless spam, you're all way too off topic now.

@Gennesuke

First of all, expertise would be the last stat that i would attempt to get as a pally tank. Second of all if you want to be a Pally MT for a guild you should balance your avoidance. Remember after 20% dodge/parry you start seeing DR so while someones character sheet might say 25% dodge its probably much less.

Block value is the only mitigation stat that is not affected by DR. But you are forgetting a few things. You say you'd rather dodge a 13k hit then block 1k of it. Well first of all most well geared pallys can get over 2k block. Secondly there are only a few bosses that hit for 13k. Most are more around 9k, which makes the hit on me 7k i'll do some quick math, but just because there are bosses that hit for 13k i'll do the math at 13k any boss which hits for less than 13k will weight more heavily on the side of gearing for block.

25% dodge + 20% parry + 10% miss = 55
    50% block = 50

100 Total hits @ 13k each
    55 hits dodge/parry/miss = 715,000 avoided
    45 hits blocked for 1600 = 72,000 avoided
    total avoided = 787,000
    ----------------------------------------------
    23% dodge + 20% parry + 10% miss = 53
    52% block = 52

53 hits dodge/parry/miss = 689,000 avoided
    47 hits blocked for 2.1k = 98,700 avoided
    total avoided = 787,700 avoided

Obviously these calculations are rough as i spent about 2 minutes putting it together. The point i'm trying to make is that if you balance your avoidance / block value you will avoid as much damage as if you stack dodge/parry. That being said two things must be considered.

1. Remember you're dodge/parry/miss are RNG if you happen to dodge less than expected the block will help mitigate more damage in the fight. The opposite can be said, but it can be said about both gear sets. Someone with a 23% chance to dodge and a 25% chance both can get lucky with RNG and have a much higher dodge % for a fight.

2. Block helps eliminate the RNG factor. As seen above with the correct stats it can avoid as much damage but the RNG factor is gone since every hit that i take is going to block 2.1k damage because i'm block capped. This makes healing you easier because you wont be taking as much spike damage.

Anyways i'm sure some warrior will come along and argue that what I said is incorrect. But i'm not talking about warriors here ok? I'm talking about paladins, they're two difference classes. The numbers i did were for very hard hitting bosses i can only name about 3 bosses which deal significant physical damage, but for every boss that hits less than 13k you'll see that block makes a huge difference over dodge/parry. Obviously for a fight like patchwerk its best to just dodge/parry as theres no way blocking a 24k hit will make much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by monalin
    @Gennesuke

First of all, expertise would be the last stat that i would attempt to get as a pally tank. Second of all if you want to be a Pally MT for a guild you should balance your avoidance. Remember after 20% dodge/parry you start seeing DR so while someones character sheet might say 25% dodge its probably much less.

Block value is the only mitigation stat that is not affected by DR. But you are forgetting a few things. You say you'd rather dodge a 13k hit then block 1k of it. Well first of all most well geared pallys can get over 2k block. Secondly there are only a few bosses that hit for 13k. Most are more around 9k, which makes the hit on me 7k i'll do some quick math, but just because there are bosses that hit for 13k i'll do the math at 13k any boss which hits for less than 13k will weight more heavily on the side of gearing for block.

25% dodge + 20% parry + 10% miss = 55
    50% block = 50

55 hits dodge/parry/miss = 715,000 avoided
    45 hits blocked for 1600 = 72,000 avoided
    total avoided = 787,000
    ----------------------------------------------
    23% dodge + 20% parry + 10% miss = 53
    52% block = 52

53 hits dodge/parry/miss = 689,000 avoided
    47 hits blocked for 2.1k = 98,700 avoided
    total avoided = 787,700 avoided

Obviously these calculations are rough as i spent about 2 minutes putting it together. The point i'm trying to make is that if you balance your avoidance / block value you will avoid as much damage as if you stack dodge/parry. That being said two things must be considered.

1. Remember you're dodge/parry/miss are RNG if you happen to dodge less than expected the block will help mitigate more damage in the fight. The opposite can be said, but it can be said about both gear sets. Someone with a 23% chance to dodge and a 25% chance both can get lucky with RNG and have a much higher dodge % for a fight.

2. Block helps eliminate the RNG factor. As seen above with the correct stats it can avoid as much damage but the RNG factor is gone since every hit that i take is going to block 2.1k damage because i'm block capped. This makes healing you easier because you wont be taking as much spike damage.

Anyways i'm sure some warrior will come along and argue that what I said is incorrect. But i'm not talking about warriors here ok? I'm talking about paladins, they're two difference classes. The numbers i did were for very hard hitting bosses i can only name about 3 bosses which deal significant physical damage, but for every boss that hits less than 13k you'll see that block makes a huge difference over dodge/parry. Obviously for a fight like patchwerk its best to just dodge/parry as theres no way blocking a 24k hit will make much of a difference.
    Ok so all these posts made me register as well. As I see a bunch of people sputtering out about things they seem to know nothing about.

I am one of 2 MTs in my Guild, the other being a Warrior. What you said above is ABSOLUTELY 100% Correct. All the stats matter and if you can get to what you are describing above, as far as mitigation, you will fair very well in any instance as an MT. I know from personal experience that all values, including block are important as I was under the impression that Stam is all that mattered at one point. Then I did Patch and the healers couldnt keep up with my health dropping on the Heroic Strikes. Then I regemed and retooled my gear and what do you know. Miss, Parry, Dodge, Block = Least healing done by my healers.

You dont really need to socket parry, dodge or deffrating (except in 2 sockets if BS+JC) - this stats posted above you easily reach with imo maxed out gear while having 31k HP unbuffed.

I was never talking about other bosses, the OP asked about Malygos, I answered. Even if you blocked, you still take an insanely large hit, and even more with the charge if your dps misses it. You CAN block it, but your still eating an insanely high damage hit. For THIS fight, it is better to have more of different avoidance other then block, and to have higher hp to survive the hits.

Your all right about most bosses only hitting between 5-8k normally, where a 2k+ block would be preferred over HP, but the OP is asking about Malygos, where most of his hits are above the 13k mark (heroic) not counting the breaths or the charges your dps forgets about. In those cases, block is the least of your worries cause your still going to be eating high damage, regardless if you block or not.

In all honesty the main thing that counts on malygos is HP.
    The swings are bad yea, but the breath is what kills you... I myself forgo pretty much everything for HP on that fight (Kael'thas commendation ftw ) and I STILL manage to stay block capped.
    So saying "dont bother" is just a useless comment, seeing as you can get it so easily as paladin without sacrificing anything.

For the extra HP I sacrifice some BV, dodge and block rating, but Im still over 102,4
    (Hell I cant seem to get below it ATM >_<)