Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: boomkin 25 man content

Quote Originally Posted by Dishrag
    Does anyone in this forum post Fraps clips or WWS stats?  Or do they just blah blah blah... 

For an idiot that shouldn't post in the forums, I average 4500dps for full Nax clears, run with the "Undying" title and break 5k dps on Patchwork.

I'll Fraps a Patchwork kill next week or any other boss at special request.
    funny part is they all ready asked you for your WWS and you are now asking them for theirs? come on.  Btw theres a crit cap.  4 man t7 and star fire 30% from eclypse, and boomkin aura puts you at 40% 10% easy from GREENS puts you at the 50% crit cap for hitting some one from behind.  so why your still stacking crit after that just shows your useing wrath way to much.

Edit!!! forgot, 4% from natures mastery, omg even more crit. tallents alone boomkin is over crit cap on starfire, so other then trying to get wrath to proc eclypse why do you need more crit?
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

Wait, what? There is a crit "cap"? as in, all my spells are now guaranteed to crit if they hit? Where the hell do you pull that from?

Also, it would be REALLY helpfull for some of us, if people in these kinds of posts would link an ARMORY link. Congrats, you have X amount of hit, and X/Y/X talent spec (why not just link your spec from armory, instead of using a second party talent calc anyway?), but being able to see what gear you have so i have some idea how my own stacks up is very nice.

And yes, i realise people do shift gear and speccs when pvping, but most of the time, if you are balance, you are going to be in your balance gear (not like you are feral, and constantly swapping between Tank set / DPS set and uber HP set)

If you spec and gem for killing trash you fail at life, and also at World of Warcraft.

once dualspec comes, i definitely could see top end raiding guilds using a kill trash spec, and a kill boss spec. but right now, on live? very bad idea to spec for trash...

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Wait, what? There is a crit "cap"? as in, all my spells are now guaranteed to crit if they hit? Where the hell do you pull that from?
    maybe its just for melee but it used to be on wowwiki that 30% when a boss is faceing you 50% when its back to you was the max crit chance (you acutally needed a little above it due to the level diffrence)

i always thought it was the same for spells if im wrong sorry.

however facts are facts you should by the time your raiding have close to if not over 50% spell crit on starfall with tallents (includeing eclypse) to not really need to stack the crit that one poster wanted every one to get over hit.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

270 hit as a Boomkin is ridiculous, your dps will be terrible.

I am always topping the dmg meters on boss fights as a Moonkin druid in 25man and 10man raids. My gear is crit itemized with 170 hit rating. You only need hit for boss fights, so if you gem your gear for hit, you are completely screwing yourself out of trash dps. If you really want to push dps on bosses, eat the +40 hit food, use no more than 170 hit in your gear, use improved Ferie fire on the boss.

Thats 6.5% hit from gear, 1% hit from food, 4% Balance of Power, 3% Improved Ferie Fire, 1% Draenei (if Alliance) leaves you as close to hit cap'd as you need to be. Eat crit or spell power food for trash to maximize overall dps.

Focus on itemizing every piece of gear for crit rating. Boomkins are very unique in the fact that they receive huge benefits from spell crits. If you want to be OOM and waste talents point on stuff like moonglow, dreamstate or even worse, spec'n into resto for intensity (ouch), then stack haste and spell power.

Raid talents are pretty straight forward:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

Once your gear gets good and you get around 32% crit unbuffed with the 4 pc bonus (5% crit to warth/starfire), you wont need dreamstate at all and can go Brambles for awesome treants dmg.

actually hit rating give you more straight dps than any other stat 1 for 1

L2 theorycraft
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekto
    actually hit rating give you more straight dps than any other stat 1 for 1

L2 theorycraft
    Untill you are hit capped of course, then stacking more Hit becomes meaningless.

Untill you are hit capped of course, then stacking more Hit becomes meaningless.
    LOL, big rl LoL, I imagined coming into this forum seeing threads going, "Why is my dps low, I got 670 hit rating... ...according to guids hit is the best stat for casters"

And to mr 170 hit, say you do 5k plus on patch, get your hit up and do 6k plus instead. KKTNXbb

Dishrag you are the most hilarious fail troll i've seen in a while.

For the OP. You want 264 hit rating + either Improved Faerie fire or a shadow priest for misery on the boss and a draeni in range.

Gale winds is required for 1 fight. Sarth + drakes. Helping get those eggs in the portals down faster and the fire elementals. Other than that their's better places to put those talent points than for trash dps epeen.

Eat crit or spell power food for trash to maximize overall dps.
    I think this line is all you need to read to disregard this post. Who the hell cares about your DPS on trash??

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Yea, good call coming from someone who hasn't even completed 2 Drake Sarth. LoLz

That you killed 2-drake Sarth suddenly means you know how to gear yourself? I think not. I well-geared player who follows directions but doesn't know the intricacies of the class they play can do all kinds of stuff (hell, I've looked at people in top-10 guilds and /facepalmed at them; just that they down stuff doesn't mean they know everything about how to gear).

Crit cap is melee-only and has nothing (well, practically nothing) to do with facing.

Quote Originally Posted by doomsaga
    how much hit does a boomkin need to raid 25 man content?
    Yeah I with the stats I have now & in moonkin form, it's no problem coming out on top 5

Quote Originally Posted by Razulath
    LOL, big rl LoL, I imagined coming into this forum seeing threads going, "Why is my dps low, I got 670 hit rating... ...according to guids hit is the best stat for casters"

And to mr 170 hit, say you do 5k plus on patch, get your hit up and do 6k plus instead. KKTNXbb
    Sadly, its the gods honest truth. Any DPS caster who is not hit capped during an encounter is almost guaranteed to be wasting dps.

The smart ones know exactly what they need to hit the hit cap though. You have to factor in your talents and any special effects that grant more hit.

Hell, if you haven't managed to practically memorize the Wowiki spellhit modifier chart by now, you really should print a copy out and keep it beside you.

If I use www.maxdps.com to find gear it shows that haste is better than crit.

But it also shows that 170 hit rating is hit capped (like Dishrag wrote) and not 268 like a lot of people write.

I would really like to see a WWS from Dishrag (or anybody going for crit). Maybe it is possible to do a lot of damage with crit and not only stacking hit/haste.

For all your moonkin info go http://www.themoonkinrepository.com

A good forum topic: Moonkin lvl 80 raiding basics

Max DPS is wrong. They appear to still be using level 70 conversions for hit rating 0.o
    According to MaxDPS with only Balance of Power and 0 hit rating, you have a 13% chance to miss (correct) however they seem to think that 170 hit rating = 13% chance to hit, which is flat out wrong at 80.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following info is taken from http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_hit

At level 80, you have a BASE hit chance of 83% vs a level 83 mob.

This means that to be hit capped with a 100% chance to hit, you must have a total of 17% hit total through talents, debuffs on the boss, buffs on you, and +hit rating.

17% hit is 445.94 hit rating. No caster should ever have more +hit then this because at this point it is pretty much statistically useless (and pretty much everyone has talents that let you skip large chunks of this number anyway).

As a moonkin, base, you will have
    - Balance of power - 4% hit
    - Imp Faerie Fire - 3% hit

assuming you get NO other hit bonuses, according to

http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_hit#Hit...evel_70_.26_80

you will still need 263 hit rating (10% +hit) to reach the hit cap.

170 hit is equal to roughly 6.5% hit at 80, leaving you a full 3.5 percent short.

A Squid Goat in the group will add 1% and stat food will add a round 1.75% more, which still leaves you a good .75% short of the cap.

To summarise:

Caster Hit Cap is 17%
    Moonkin with talents should always have 7% (Balance of Power + IFF)
    Still need 10% more to hit (263 hit (rounding up))
    Squid Goat gets you 1% more, and stat food nets you 1.75ish more
    But even with both those, you are NOT hit capped at 170.

And why would you waste a food buff on +Hit anyway, since i am pretty sure you can get 263 hit on your gear REALLY easily, and then you could pop +damage food all the time....

Max DPS is wrong. They appear to still be using level 70 conversions for hit rating 0.o
    According to MaxDPS with only Balance of Power and 0 hit rating, you have a 13% chance to miss (correct) however they seem to think that 170 hit rating = 13% chance to hit, which is flat out wrong at 80.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following info is taken from http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_hit

At level 80, you have a BASE hit chance of 83% vs a level 83 mob.

This means that to be hit capped with a 100% chance to hit, you must have a total of 17% hit total through talents, debuffs on the boss, buffs on you, and +hit rating.

17% hit is 445.94 hit rating. No caster should ever have more +hit then this because at this point it is pretty much statistically useless (and pretty much everyone has talents that let you skip large chunks of this number anyway).

As a moonkin, base, you will have
    - Balance of power - 4% hit
    - Imp Faerie Fire - 3% hit

assuming you get NO other hit bonuses, according to

http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_hit#Hit...evel_70_.26_80

you will still need 263 hit rating (10% +hit) to reach the hit cap.

170 hit is equal to roughly 6.5% hit at 80, leaving you a full 3.5 percent short.

A Squid Goat in the group will add 1% and stat food will add a round 1.75% more, which still leaves you a good .75% short of the cap.

To summarise:

Caster Hit Cap is 17%
    Moonkin with talents should always have 7% (Balance of Power + IFF)
    Still need 10% more to hit (263 hit (rounding up))
    Squid Goat gets you 1% more, and stat food nets you 1.75ish more
    But even with both those, you are NOT hit capped at 170.

And why would you waste a food buff on +Hit anyway, since i am pretty sure you can get 263 hit on your gear REALLY easily, and then you could pop +damage food all the time....
    Most useful post you might find on the whole site. Whoever is running around with 170 spell hit and claiming 5k-6kdps parses for Patch is clearly lying and just trying to sound cool on teh forumz. I sit around 2k spell power 23crit(28 with 4p set bonus) 260 hit and 500 haste and normally throw anywhere from 4.2k-4.7k parses on patch. I am not saying I have the perfect rotation and alot of times i am specced more into aoe dmg for naxx instead of single target but I know for a fact that 5k-6k dps is not possible as moonkin unless you are in almost full Best in slot gear or its just a massive aoe fight. Even with your best in slot gear i think you would have to have a good proc rate on eclipse from your wrath and perfect CD/haste potion management(includes putting your treants out right before Blust)

Also, in reply to the person who was talking about the "crit cap" on spells, there is NO SUCH THING, from what i can tell.

WoW Wiki had the following to say: (taken from the same Spell Hit page linked in my above post)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The effect of Hit chance on Critical Hit chance

Unlike the melee combat system, spell crit makes absolutely no difference to hit chance. All spells, regardless of whether they are treated as binary or not, roll hit and crit separately. Conceptually, the game rolls for your hit chance first, and if the spell hits you have a separate roll for whether it crits.

Overall chance to crit over all spells cast is thus affected by hit rate. To calculate overall crit rate, multiplying the two chances together:

crit rate over all spells = crit * hit

For example, a caster with no spell hit rating gear or talents, against a mob 3 levels higher (83% hit chance), and 30% crit rating from gear and talents:

crit rate over all spells = 30% * 83% = 24.9%

In addition, direct damage spells suffer from partial resistance, but again, that has no effect on whether a spell hits or not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You catch that? If you are not hit capped, your ACTIVE crit chance actually DECREASES.

ONCE AGAIN. A MISSED SPELL CAN NOT CRIT, SO IF YOU ARE NOT HIT CAPPED, YOUR CRIT CHANCE IS ACTUALLY LOWER THEN STATED ON YOU CHARACTER SHEET.

Well if you want to be the top dps caster if not top dps flat out for your guild, you will follow my direction. I thrown down 5k+ on Patchwork, etc, etc.
    WWS or it didn't happen kk?
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's