Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: boomkin 25 man content

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    In my opinion, you should never assume anything. What happens if you dont have a Spriest in your raid? What if by some fluke they die in the first 10 seconds of the fight?

Hell, isn't assuming you will always have a shadowpriest in your raid kind of like Dishrag always assuming he is going to be standing in range of a Squid Goat with Heroic Presence, and so can freely throw away 1% hit off his gear?

Besides, why not get both? Imp FF is 3% extra crit damage for all your spells in addition to the hit, which would be a lot of damage when you are going to be critting A LOT.
    Maybe im just lucky that our guild always has a Shadow Priest in raid then.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    This is fully wrong. Haste after you get hit capped is probably the most important stat you can get. If you take a look at all the top end wowwebstats of people in the 4.5K+ range, all of them have a ton of haste usually 450+ and many over 500. The reason being that once you get your starfire eclipse proc, you'll be able to get in more casts with more haste.

I would suggest about 15% to 20% crit from gear, but get every haste piece available to you. I followed the lots of crit before so i was over 20% crit but only 280 haste, I barely cracked 4k. With just a couple of things changed, I was able to get to 4.5k dps on patch in a 3min 6sec fight.

More haste means more dps.
    I didn't really take into consideration getting more Starfire's in during the eclipse proc, now it makes sense and i feel stupid.

The only reason i was concentrating more on wrath is because unfortunately for me, RNG is never in my favour, and i end up having to cast 10-15 Wraths before i get an eclipse proc (even with 20% crit unbuffed).

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    I didn't really take into consideration getting more Starfire's in during the eclipse proc, now it makes sense and i feel stupid.

The only reason i was concentrating more on wrath is because unfortunately for me, RNG is never in my favour, and i end up having to cast 10-15 Wraths before i get an eclipse proc (even with 20% crit unbuffed).
    I've had fights where RNG can be a bitch, it happens, nothing you can do about it. It's not horribly hard to get hit capped. I sit at 348 in gear unbuffed. Now, I'm looking to drop hit for 25mans in favor of more haste.

Just got 4.5k dps on patch this week, with just switching out t7 gloves for haste ones (still keeping 4pc btw).

I'm still desperate to get my 4 Piece Bonus.

I do the right rotation of IS > MF > Wrath till Eclipse > Eclipse spam for 30 seconds (becuase of internal Eclipse Cooldown - I use SquawkAndAwe to monitor it) then back to Wrath (keeping up IS and MF unless they expire during Eclipse, which i wait untill the 15 second duration is over before refreshing them) while keeping Treants on cool down and all i manage to get is about 3.5k DPS.

My gear isnt bad, its fully gemmed and enchanted, i have hit cap (as we always have Shadow Priest in raid, always) i eat SP food and i drink Frost Wyrm flasks.

Is it really possible that 5% Crit is enough for me to lose 500-1000 DPS?

I'll provide my armory link so you can take a look...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...idon&n=Ikkatsu

-EDIT- For some reason Armory is showing me to have 800+ Haste. Its actually in the region of 300.

The 4-piece bonus is _very_ nice, since it's 5% crit for "free" on about 80% of your dmg.

What I would do with regards to your gear is to drop 22 hit-rating on the gems (exchange some sp/hit gems with pure sp) and exchange the two blue sp/spell pene gems with sp/spirit gems (or if you really want to use rare gems go for sp/mp5, spell pene gives nothing). Also exchanging your staff for MH/OH-combo wouldn't hurt as it would give you more pure dmg stats (torch of holy fire + an offhand would give you in the region of 150 more spellpower).

Your rotation is sound, so not much to change there.

It's showing that high haste because of the trinket, so removing 505 haste should make it correct

Quote Originally Posted by SBS
    The 4-piece bonus is _very_ nice, since it's 5% crit for "free" on about 80% of your dmg.

What I would do with regards to your gear is to drop 22 hit-rating on the gems (exchange some sp/hit gems with pure sp) and exchange the two blue sp/spell pene gems with sp/spirit gems (or if you really want to use rare gems go for sp/mp5, spell pene gives nothing). Also exchanging your staff for MH/OH-combo wouldn't hurt as it would give you more pure dmg stats (torch of holy fire + an offhand would give you in the region of 150 more spellpower).

Your rotation is sound, so not much to change there.

It's showing that high haste because of the trinket, so removing 505 haste should make it correct
    I have a Main Hand and an Offhand in bank (Impossible Dream and Inscription Offhand). The problem is, if i use them my hit rating drops to about 190 because of the huge amount of hit on my staff... and there just isnt a way for me to regain that much hit without trading out my SP/HIT gems for pure HIT. (Which defeats the point of swapping out the staff for the mainhand/offhand).

Hmm I guess you would have to wait to switch to MH/OH until you got a couple of pieces of hit-gear. Getting the tier headpiece (42 hit) and the tier shoulders (35 hit) should place you comfortably on the hit-cap. The head can be a bitch to get if you're unlucky (or low on DKP), but the shoulders cost badges so I would get those.

Quote Originally Posted by SBS
    Hmm I guess you would have to wait to switch to MH/OH until you got a couple of pieces of hit-gear. Getting the tier headpiece (42 hit) and the tier shoulders (35 hit) should place you comfortably on the hit-cap. The head can be a bitch to get if you're unlucky (or low on DKP), but the shoulders cost badges so I would get those.
    I dont think ill be getting anymore Tier pieces with my current DKP lol

Saving badges for shoulders and thats about it.

Here is my armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...doun&n=Prowess

I recently spec'd out of IFF since we now have consistent shadowpriests in our 25-mans (used to have zero & i was only boomkin so it benefitted raid more to have it).

My only thought is, do you guys think its worth speccing IFF for the other bonus we get...the 3% to crit from that talent? I only throw up IFF on bosses anyways so the up-time of that bonus IMO is only useful for level 83 mobs. I would think ISS would be a better talent to spec into for overall DPS than IFF's 3% crit bonus.

15+ Year Old Account

1. Yes the 3% to crit from iFF is worth it, if you have a feral to apply FFF. Unless of course you need mana regen and will be taking points out of those to get it. If you do not need the mana regen talents, iFF is one of the strongest talents to pick up.

2. @ Ikkatsu, 1st change your blue gems to Spellpower/Spirit (perfect cut "green" quality) since spell pen offers 0 PvE benefit.

Also your rotation is close, but if you have just procd eclipse and MF falls off it is worth it to cast MF since the combo of MF ticking and Starfire critting is the best way to get a lot of damage.

Also always keeping treants on CD is not the best. If the fight is going to take longer than 3 minutes, then you should use them at the beggining so that you can use them twice in the fight. However if the fight is less than 3 minutes (meaning you will only get one use of them) wait for the bloodlust/heroism to be cast then use them, as they are bettuer used under the haste buff then if you just cast them at the start.

You can also change your glove enchant to spellpower since you only need ~263 hit

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    I'm still desperate to get my 4 Piece Bonus.

I do the right rotation of IS > MF > Wrath till Eclipse > Eclipse spam for 30 seconds (becuase of internal Eclipse Cooldown - I use SquawkAndAwe to monitor it) then back to Wrath (keeping up IS and MF unless they expire during Eclipse, which i wait untill the 15 second duration is over before refreshing them) while keeping Treants on cool down and all i manage to get is about 3.5k DPS.

My gear isnt bad, its fully gemmed and enchanted, i have hit cap (as we always have Shadow Priest in raid, always) i eat SP food and i drink Frost Wyrm flasks.

Is it really possible that 5% Crit is enough for me to lose 500-1000 DPS?

I'll provide my armory link so you can take a look...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...idon&n=Ikkatsu

-EDIT- For some reason Armory is showing me to have 800+ Haste. Its actually in the region of 300.
    a couple of notes here for you. t7 shoulders and helm have +hit, I'd definitely recommend that over what you have. The staff is nice and will get upgraded when patch happens to (i think) 463sp. Still though, a 1h and off hand should still be the way to go. I use The Soulblade (+35hit, 461sp), and offand badge piece(35hit and 59sp (or something like that)).

Outside of that, your rotation might be better with wrath because of your Idol. Get the Starfire on from naxx25 Instructor Razuvious because that is definitely optimal for a starfire rotation.

Last thing, I also try to end my starfire spam about 2 secs before the timer is up. For the reason that, since it's a cast and fire it takes a second or 2 to get to the mob. Thus by the time it hits, cd will be up. Giving you realistically a better chance of more eclipse starfire.

my armory. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ane&n=Talshasa

Best upgrades for me would be the random naxx25 leather boot drop or the malygos10 boots. Dying Curse trinket, and of course the mace from KT (but that's gonna be a while considering the waiting line for it :-\ )

Quote Originally Posted by hurtmuch
    crit is the worst stats of all

hit>spell>haste>crit

this rule should apply to most casters
    I will start off by saying, my main spec is resto, due to the needs of the guild I have step to dps at times and my main goal is to be effective.

I find this post to be a so-so him-hah at best. Hit and Sp no doubt more important than haste and crit but....the importance of haste and crit can be debated and I say this mainly to the point of the talent "Nature's Grace" which is triggered by crit, there for wasting haste before being even soft capped, correct? I'm not trying to bash you by any means but don't over look the mechanics of boomkin talents based purly on the caster "norm"

Quote Originally Posted by Nakole
    I will start off by saying, my main spec is resto, due to the needs of the guild I have step to dps at times and my main goal is to be effective.

I find this post to be a so-so him-hah at best. Hit and Sp no doubt more important than haste and crit but....the importance of haste and crit can be debated and I say this mainly to the point of the talent "Nature's Grace" which is triggered by crit, there for wasting haste before being even soft capped, correct? I'm not trying to bash you by any means but don't over look the mechanics of boomkin talents based purly on the caster "norm"
    Nice necro... Meet my lock and ban hammer...

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!