Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Combat log parser: EHFS

Hi Forum,

I'd like to present a new (offline) combat log parser and report generator that I've written. Its name is Event Horizon Fight Statistics and you will find it here:

www.ehfs.info

EHFS generates reports that can be opened in a web browser. The reports contain the usual things like abilities used, damage and healing done, buffs/debuffs received (with uptime), and energy gained. Overview and player pages come with DPS charts. With most bosses there are milestones on the charts (for example, when a boss uses a special ability or a Shaman pops Bloodlust/Heroism.) Multiple fights can be combined into one report. The general aim was to create reports that aren't overly verbose on statistical stuff you probably won't need anyways.

The program currently supports English and German language. There are versions available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.

Please use the project's discussion forums.

Screenshots (click to view large versions):

A demonstration report is available here (bit outdated): http://www.ehfs.info/demo/

Source code is available, too. EHFS is licensed under the GNU GPL v3.
    Last edited by blizzy; 2010-12-24 at 04:15 PM.

Re: New combat log parser tool: EHFS

looks nice, good work

Version 1.0.1 is now available:

- ignore encoding marker in combat log file (this can happen when editing it with text editors)
    - added more class spells

Does it have a US formatting option? We basically switch the use of , and . in numbers. (89.5% and 1,271 HPS as an example)

Not yet, but it will have. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Any way of hosting it on our own Websites (private)

Or is it only viewable on our home PC's?
    DOODAD_NAX_DOOR_SPIDER02

Simply upload all the files it generates (preferably into a new directory on the server), then point visitors to the fight.xml file. No magic involved.

Any chance of a line to show the average dps?
    EU forum is ignored.
    Game balance is not ok.
    Blue posters contradict themselves.
    Blizzards attitude towards us players sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Snopptrollet
    Any chance of a line to show the average dps?
    Where exactly? Average player DPS over the whole fight?

I think I get it now: I suppose you'd like to see a horizontal line in the DPS charts marking the average. I do understand the wish to have that, but I really don't think it would be that meaningful. Given that tanks and healers don't do much to contribute to overall damage, it wouldn't make much sense to average them in.

You could take out anyone under 500 DPS ( the healers) and then I'm pretty sure that unless your DPS are doing poorly (in which case the tank is a significant source) the tanks would show as outliers in a statistical analysis ( >2 standard deviations from average)

Like with WWS. Knowing the raid and who the members are and what roles they were in is essential to correctly reading any statistical report.

Having a raid average dps is useful, but only for a few fights like Brutalus was in SWP where you had to have a raid average of around 1700-1800 dps.

A single horizontal line for the DPS graph would work (both on raid over all and individual) showing the averaged value.

Blizzy: I love this app, when looking back at some old reports I can drill down to see my "Over the fight DPS" which is helpful.

Request: A Healer graph that is the same as the dps graph showing HPS over the course of a fight. Or combine the graph to have both lines on it. DPS and HPS.

Request #2: I use a client side script when launching wow to rename old WowCombatLog.txt to a random value so as to not overlap logs. Can you change the file select dialog to *.txt?

Request #3: in the main window showing each parse that you want to export to a webpage, can you add the mob with the most dmg taken (aka the boss) as part of the selection dialog. Trying to hunt for a specific fight on a full night Naxx clear is tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone
    Request: A Healer graph that is the same as the dps graph showing HPS over the course of a fight. Or combine the graph to have both lines on it. DPS and HPS.
    Wouldn't be hard to do, but would it really be helpful to anyone?

Request #2: I use a client side script when launching wow to rename old WowCombatLog.txt to a random value so as to not overlap logs. Can you change the file select dialog to *.txt?
    The second filter option is "*.*". I'd rather like to leave it as is now.

Request #3: in the main window showing each parse that you want to export to a webpage, can you add the mob with the most dmg taken (aka the boss) as part of the selection dialog. Trying to hunt for a specific fight on a full night Naxx clear is tedious.
    Hmm, the fights list already shows the most active mobs, which usually is the boss. Perhaps you need to scroll to the right? (Which is something I would need to fix. You shouldn't have to scroll if all text fits the table width.)

You made it in Java , ouch..

And your point is?

The Screenshot looks quite interesting.

But I have one question: The WL casts Verderbnis (=Corruption) 10 times with 2 misses, but the Boss is gaining the debuff only 6 times. Is there something wrong?

Since I play an affliction warlock, I would love to see the uptime of my spells. If there are more than one warlocks in a raid, then it's hard to track the uptime.
    I suggest/request a table that shows the debuffs the boss has gained, much like the one that actually exists, but with the possibility to show the debuffs of only one player.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzy
    And your point is?
    Nothing, I just feel sad for all the spare time you been forced to waste on Java's horrible API

It's a nice final product. I'm pondering a bit about using XSLT, seems rather overkill tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelth
    But I have one question: The WL casts Verderbnis (=Corruption) 10 times with 2 misses, but the Boss is gaining the debuff only 6 times. Is there something wrong?
    Not sure, I don't have the log file of the demo at hand right now. It may have something to do with recasting before the debuff runs out, thus only refreshing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelth
    I suggest/request a table that shows the debuffs the boss has gained, much like the one that actually exists, but with the possibility to show the debuffs of only one player.
    Good point, I'll add that to my list.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzy
    Not sure, I don't have the log file of the demo at hand right now. It may have something to do with recasting before the debuff runs out, thus only refreshing it.
    Well, that's no problem if the uptime is calculated correctly anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Nothing, I just feel sad for all the spare time you been forced to waste on Java's horrible API
    I'm using Java all the time at the software company I work for, so I'm used to it

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I'm pondering a bit about using XSLT, seems rather overkill tbh.
    I never was good friends with creating HTML dynamically. I could modify it to do the XSLT step itself rather than having the browser do it, though.

(Edit: typo)