Question about CQC and weapons...

Ok so I got told twice today that Fist/Dagger would be better than Fist/Sword based on CQC. Well just by looking at it, that makes sense...if both weapons had their own seperate crit chance. Even if it was hidden (which is somewhat of the answer I'm looking for here) wouldn't an extra attack be more DPS than compared to just some extra crit percentages, thus making Fist/Sword more viable in DPS compared to Fist/Dagger?

Re: Question about CQC and weapons...

CQC? What the hell is this, Metal Gear Solid now?

Bumping because I want to know why I'm being told Fist/Dagger > Fist/Sword

You're been told wrong as far as i know. Elitist Jerks lists Sword/sword , fist/fist and sword/fist as all very close in dps range.

Best thing u can do is compare both your OH's and pick the one with the best stats for u. That is assuming the dps value of both your weapons is roughly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyL
    Bumping because I want to know why I'm being told Fist/Dagger > Fist/Sword
    +5 talent points and daggers are ushually faster then swords and you want the fast wep in our OH

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna
    +5 talent points and daggers are ushually faster then swords and you want the fast wep in our OH
    So you're telling me that you get 5% crit extra for both your MH and OH, which ultimately would result in a 10% crit stack...which I don't see.

15+ Year Old Account

So you're telling me that you get 5% crit extra for both your MH and OH, which ultimately would result in a 10% crit stack...which I don't see.
    you misunderstood him, if you spec CqC and put a sword in your offhand you ofcourse have 5% less crit on the offhand than the mainhand (assuming its a fist).

fist/dagger will both have the same 5% crit buff and not 10%

now as for fist/swords, you are using up talent points which could go somewhere else, that is the loss.

and crit scales that well now that it outweighs the sword proc bonus.
    not to mention that some people dont know that the offhand sword proccing mainhand fist swings got
    changes a while ago.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak
    you misunderstood him, if you spec CqC and put a sword in your offhand you ofcourse have 5% less crit on the offhand than the mainhand (assuming its a fist).

fist/dagger will both have the same 5% crit buff and not 10%

now as for fist/swords, you are using up talent points which could go somewhere else, that is the loss.

and crit scales that well now that it outweighs the sword proc bonus.
    not to mention that some people dont know that the offhand sword proccing mainhand fist swings got
    changes a while ago.

So why are none of the posts on EJ informed if said information is correct?

15+ Year Old Account

So why are none of the posts on EJ informed if said information is correct?
    show me where they posted otherwize recently.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

from all my calc's, reading EJ forums, and reading mmo forums this is your answer:
    fist/dagger is better UNLESS your weapons are exactly Calamity's Grasp MH, Hailstorm OH.
    the reason being is because calamity's grasp is the only main hand that hits hard enough to outweigh the crit bonus on your offhand

Quote Originally Posted by elapadrinar
    from all my calc's, reading EJ forums, and reading mmo forums this is your answer:
    fist/dagger is better UNLESS your weapons are exactly Calamity's Grasp MH, Hailstorm OH.
    the reason being is because calamity's grasp is the only main hand that hits hard enough to outweigh the crit bonus on your offhand
    Bingo.