Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Restoration healing questions

Hello fellow Druids...

I have some questions for healing as a Restoration Druid:

1. When you cast "Rejuvenation" on a player that heals for 1.000 health in total, but the player only needs 500 health, does the last 500 healing still count as healing, so you get more threat and on recount?

2. What is the reason for mostly Restoration Druids taking full rank of Subtlety when other healing class' ignores their talents reducing threat?

3. What is the best things to do when you gain aggro as a Restoration Druid?

4. When should Lifebloom be used when healing for making it useful?

5. What do you think about this talent tree for healing in dungeons and raids Restoration 11/0/60?

Re: Restoration healing questions

1. Dunno about the threat, but in recount it will show as overhealing.

2. Imo it depends on the amount of puggin they do, if they trust the tank they're with.

3. wait, there is no three.

4. Barkskin, bearform, run to the tank.

5. Dunno about this as i haven't healed at 80 yet, but for mt healing i would use it all the time, keeping it up. Raidhealing i find it very nice to throw around after AOE attacks.

5.(5 again?) I would move the 3 points in natural perfection to replenishment, everybody loves to get some more mana.
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

Overhealing does not give you additional threat.
    I think they use it as a filler and it is not really that important, given that tanks do produce a lot of threat.
    It depends on your style of healing. LB is only effective if it is fully stacked which consumes a lot of GCDs.
    The talent spec mainly depends on your glyphes and on your type of healing (healing touch, more hots, glyphed healing touch, ...)

Im not quite sure if over heals create threat, but casting will, for example if you cast regrowth and your tank is at full health and the tank has no threat you will get the threat from the spell cast, but there are a few times i have hit my (natures swiftness + HT)macro on accident and pulled threat even though the tank was at full health,,, this was done very early in the pull so the tank had little threat at all, but i still got it, so i want to say the answer to your number 1 question is yes.

2. its because there are is a lot more AoE damage in the game, since we are helaing more we generate more threat, i dont normally need this in raids, but its nice tohave with the large number of Heroics i run, some tanks cant generate the threat that some of my raiding tanks can.

4. Lol bear form as resto spec equals death,,, unless its non boss adds then generally i jsut spam myself through it, if its more than 2 generally you just die =P

5.1 shit i have LB up all the time, spec into improving it in balance tree, and get the inscription and youll have a 9 second lifebloom. Mine tick for 1600 full stacked on patch work i can keep a full rotation of all my hots on the MT's adn average 4-5k hps if i heal them alone with ease. 9 sec lifebloom make your hot cycle a lot more manageable

5.2 remove all 5 points from tranquil spirit, HT should be macro'd to natures swiftness and only used for that, HT should never be used for anything else, and do not use the HT inscription, that is for lower pre nourish levels. put 3 points into replenish, 1 more point in subtlety (cant go wrong there), and 1 point in nature's grace (balance) tree, and watch how often you get .5 seconds of regrowth procs, OMG its num num... especially since it has a 50% base crit form talent alone,,,

if you have any mroe questions feel free to message me, good honest questions btw good job.

Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

I am pretty sure overhealing does not generate threat. Since 1 point health healed equals 1/2 point threat.. 0 point healed probably means 0 point threat.
    But be aware that even mana regen or health regen puts you on the mobs threat list.

1. Overhealing gives no threat.

2. Subtlety is taken as a filler, mostly. Unless you are going for a Healing Touch type build (very few do). We don't, generally, have threat issues though.

3. Run to the tank and pray.

4. 3 LBs should always be up on the tank. After that it's up to you. It's not a bad thing to give someone who has taken damage a couple stacks or a rejuv and a LB to fill them back up.

5. Tranquil Spirit is a waste, imo. Most druids don't care much for Nourish. Glyphed Regrowth is far better. But even using Nourish a lot (personally I do), those 5 points are better spent somewhere else. Also, Living Seed isn't a good PVE talent, again in my opinion.

Still, you've covered the basics. Build should be fine. Mess around with it a bit to your liking.

ad 2. Most Resto druids underestimate HT and therefore need to take other talents to reach the 3rd talent tier (and take the last point for not being insulted for inconsistent choice)

ad 3. I Either ask myself why I needed to heal before some tank got enough aggro, or I insult a random choosen tank for falling asleep during a raid. (My immediate response is not to cast Barkskin/Bearform but HT on myself)

ad 4. Keep 3 lifebloom stacks on everyone in the raid that constantly gets amounts of damage that your groupheal won't manage to deal with. Use lifebloom to heal random dmg if there is no danger for your target to take additional dmg bevor lifebloom bloomed.

ad 5. Be consistent, if you go for crit-benefits than also take Nature's Grace.
    Living Seed probably is the worst crit related talent. (take a look on what ammount it healed compared to other spells)
    Do not take Replenish, the amount of mana gained is way too low to waste your attention.
    The worth of Tranquil spirit and Natural perfection is dependent on how often you use Nourish - if Nourish is on the last ranks of your spells, when considering healed amount, then you probably may rethink them (and recognize that there are no better options ).

I am a bit confused. You state that you use regwroth but you do not value living seed. In my opinion these two fit extremely well together, given that regrowth will crit round 50-60% of the time, thus making it the only druid's spell with an extremely high crit rate.

1. Only effective healing counts towards threat and your recount lists but I think Hekto is right about casting generating some threat regardless if it's going to be a useful cast.

2. Tanking has become very easy, so that's mostly why people decide to pass up on their thread reducing talents atm, most druids don't really find a lot of stuff to put the extra talents in so we don't bother.

3. Put all hots on yourself, use your instant heals if they're off cd (spam heal some nourishes if you have to) and you should buy the tank enough time to pick it back up (or any helpfull dps).

4. Lifebloom can still be used as a good MT heal, but I myself often just let it pass because I prefer to do a lot of raidhealing in between. If you plan on using WG a lot (which you should, atleast before it gets nerfed) keeping lb's up on the tank or even tanks will kick into your mana quite a lot, if they are actually dying (the other healers are slacking) you should probably be throwing some regrowths on them anyway rather than think your hot is going to help a lot. If you're not absolutely sure you can keep your lb's up, don't bother cause they'd be a huge waste of mana.

5. I use the same spec because replenish is useless (you really don't want to raidheal with rejuvi) and I generally don't give a shit about faster nature's grace because those things barely ever proc at a moment I need a fast heal, if that happens we resto druids have instant heals to work with and nourish is really not a bad spell once you get the 4 piece T7 bonus, that's also why I think the points in tranquil spirit aren't a waste.

If you plan on using WG a lot (which you should, atleast before it gets nerfed) keeping lb's up on the tank or even tanks will kick into your mana quite a lot, if they are actually dying (the other healers are slacking)
    Maintaining a triple stack of lifeblooms is still highly mana-efficient. 391 mana and a GCD once every 10 secs for 1000hps on the tank is an excellent investment of your time and mana. Lifebloom is a powerful, stabilizing force on the tank's health.

Blaming other healers when you're not doing all that you can is a bad policy. WG is an absurdly powerful spell, but spamming it is what kicks into your mana not maintaining a lifebloom stack.
    --

As long as you have 11 pts in Balance and 51 in Resto you actually have to work pretty hard to make a bad healing spec. I like to go 18 pts into balance to pick up the haste from Celestial Focus.

Living Seed isn't great, but it's not absolutely awful. You get the talent's full benefit when you need it the most.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    Hello fellow Druids...

I have some questions for healing as a Restoration Druid:

1. When you cast "Rejuvenation" on a player that heals for 1.000 health in total, but the player only needs 500 health, does the last 500 healing still count as healing, so you get more threat and on recount?

2. What is the reason for mostly Restoration Druids taking full rank of Subtlety when other healing class' ignores their talents reducing threat?

3. What is the best things to do when you gain aggro as a Restoration Druid?

4. When should Lifebloom be used when healing for making it useful?

5. What do you think about this talent tree for healing in dungeons and raids Restoration 11/0/60?

1. think this has been answered pretty well. The overhealing won't cause threat but the casting will. Even if you buff in combat you will cause threat.

2. You need 10 points to get to the next tier and imo subtlety is the most useful since HT is usually only cast with nature's swiftness. The gauntlet in naxx after heigan is a good example of where it's nice to not cause as much threat when healing.

3. If you're a night elf then it's simple, shadowmeld. Saved me more times than I can remember. Even when a hunter friend put misdirection on me in a heroic for a laugh and then shot some mobs, I shadowmelded and they all killed him :P If you aren't a night elf then barkskin, run to the tank and jump on the spot /crying. If it's one mob you've pulled and you have enough time to generate the energy you can go into cat form and hit cower.

4. I keep lifebloom up on the tank all the time and let it fall off when I need that extra wack of healing on 'oh shit' moments. Also, with the 4 piece T7 set bonus, having lifebloom up makes your nourish even better. I also shoot off lifeblooms at people that have taken small raid damage (in fights where we are too spread out for WG to be effective). Always keep a rejuv or regrowth HoT on the tank and OT (and anyone else that you know is going to take lots of damage) for swiftmending.

5. IMO drop natural perfection and pick up nature's grace. Unless you do a lot of PvP.

1. you will gain agro only equal the the amount of actually healed HP.
    Tip: If you cast a HoT out of combat and the tank gets in combat you will not get agro at all. Making it pretty nice (specially in 5 man with crap geared tanks) to stack up heals on the tank before he engages combat, giving him quite some time to get agro without healer pulling agro.

2. Stupid people take 3 points in Subtlety because they think they need it. Good players take 2 points only cause they have to. Naturalist is a waste of points in vialable raiding specs.

3. If you pull agro as a resto druid you are doing something wrong (read answere 1). Tho still to answere your question. You should run in reach of a tank as soon as you get the agro warning. stay in treeform and barkskin if the mobs hit like trailers. hot/nourish yourself if you dont get heals from other raidhealers.

4. Tbh lifebloom has become just a helping spell. it should be kept on tanks, or people who will take damage over a long period. I find it hard to define what it "should" be used for, but i can honestly say im not even using it half as much as i did before.

5. I have been playing alot of different specs. Tho i have to say that the spec i find the best is this http://wotlkwiki.info/talent/druid.h...52053105321351.
    I read a earlier post here where someone mentioned going 18 points into balance. i found that quite interesting, but in the end i realised that Living seed is far better than 3% increased spellhaste (atleast with maxed out gear)

the reason most people believe living seed is bad because of the way it works... living seed has a low percentage of healing because the percentage that it heals is based of the amount actually healed not overheal...

so say you crit a 15k HT and you get a liing seed, but 14k was over heal the living seed % is only off the 1k healed, living seed is a great talent generally because it fills gap not becasue its large percentage in healing.

not everything is about numbers when it comes to healing, living seed is efficient especially for raid healing, since most half descent geared resto druids have a 60-70% crit with regrowth and since it has a long hot time casting it on a dps that takes damage gives a heal a hot and then a proc heal, making it so you can focus else where, since healing T7 content is generally easy, and most members stay around full health inmots raid fights lving seed isnt going to be noticed as much because your living seed procs are not going to be for much. but once we hit later content when tanks see lower hp numbers more often lving seed will have the chance to proc for higher numbers.
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

improved tranquility is wasted talent points IMO, ive never once had to cast tranquility in a raid or a 5-man.

15+ Year Old Account

I believe that Living Seed is a great talent and maybe it is misunderstood.

When Living Seed was first introduced, it was broken. I think a lot of people believe it is still broken, but I disagree. It was fixed slightly (I believe in 3.03). Upon critting with Regrowth, HT, Nourish, or Swiftmend, a Living Seed (buff) procs on the target that is equal to 30% of the effective amount healed. The Living Seed buff applies an Earth Shield-like effect. If the target takes an additional hit while Living Seed is on them, Living Seed will mitigate or "shield" a portion (or all) of that damage.

Let's say a tank is down 4k hp and a druid casts Regrowth, critting the tank for 8k. Since the effective amount healed was only 4k, the Living Seed will proc for 30% of the 4k, giving the tank a 1.2k Living Seed buff. If a boss hits the tank with a 10k swing, the Living Seed will proc, mitigating 1.2k of that 10k damage, and the tank will only take 8.8k worth of damage.
    Is "Regrowth" really replacing "Nourish" or should both spells be used?

i dont cast nourish on anyone unelss regrwoth is already on them.

when it comes to regrowthing the same person twice in a row i dont do it. ive caught myself doing it in Heroics a lot when im lazy, but in real circumstances no.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    I believe that Living Seed is a great talent and maybe it is misunderstood.

Is "Regrowth" really replacing "Nourish" or should both spells be used?

i think that nourish will replace regrowth with 4/5 of the t7 set where nourish gets a 5% bonus per hot.

Regrowth, with the glyph, is better than nourish as long as you aren't overhealing. With the 4 piece set bonus and the upcoming change for WG to be included in nourish's bonus healing nourish is a lot more useful.
    I regrowth a target I've just regrowthed because the glyph makes it very effective. But now that I've just got my 4th piece of T7 I'm going to be expermenting with nourish a lot more, being that it has a shorter cast and costs less mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekto
    i dont cast nourish on anyone unelss regrwoth is already on them.

when it comes to regrowthing the same person twice in a row i dont do it. ive caught myself doing it in Heroics a lot when im lazy, but in real circumstances no.

why not?

glyphed regrowth does 20% more healing if a regrowth is already active.

If your glyphed/specced for nourish with seed - you would be foolish to use nourish first. Sure it would be a better 2nd and 3rd option; but I would always go Regrowth first.

Even with 4/5 which I have - Regrowth is still better to do first. I mean if the tank needs healing then by all means use regrowth first.

Raid healing may require nourish to be used once WG is up, wouldbe good for class that should not get hit ofted

eg . Rouges , mages , hunters , spriest , fury warrior , DK perhaps

but I still use regrowth on class's that may still need it; instead of nourish first

eg. Warlocks (mana tap) Ret paladins (meelee hit dmg) Tanks (duh :P )

So you see - It can go both ways. You should never say 'use nourish first' or 'use regrowth first' because it depends on the class and if there is WG or not. Also taking the fact of 4/5 set bonus of tier 7.

Mind you Uldar will come out with the changes; and when T8 is released, that set bonus will be rendered useless as ppl will get upgrades...