Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Feral tanking wep enchant.. any choises?

Personally I'd rather have an AP enchant on my tanking staff. Both 35 agil and mongoose are very lack luster at 80. Sure you get a small amount of mitigation, but 1-4% doesn't make a whole lot of difference. I'd rather increase my dps while tanking so the boss dies faster thus I get hit less times throughout an encounter. Now if there weren't DRs on dodge I'd still be stacking agility, but I get plenty from my gear and at least at this point in the game stamina scales sooooo much better.

Regardless of what enchant you take, if i fight makes or breaks because of your weapon enchant, then something else is the matter. Your weapon enchant is such a minor thing of your overall tanking stats. If you wipe on a fight, and then say "Damn, if i had just had 35 agility, we would have made it", then you need to consider the rest of your gear and see what else needs changing. Lets say you have mongoose, and that it hasn't procced when you take that fatal hit. Chances are, 1% more dodge (from +35 agi) wouldn't have saved you.
    While you are completly right that a weapon enchant should not make that difference, I have been in *plenty* of situations where a single dodge has made the fight. Of course those are not situations we should rely on and of course something major was wrong there (usually in the form of a dead healer) but those are exactly the situations we gear for. In most situations I could tank without a weapon at all. Or trinkets for that matter. That doesn't mean I should equip DPS trinkets tho. It means that I have a bigger buffer for when the shit does hit the fan.
    No matter how good you are and no matter how good your gear is. Eventually you will come into a situation where it comes down to a single percent or point. Always remember. Once we are *capable* of tanking, we do not gear for the average situation. We gear for that single event where everything goes wrong and only we can save the day.

Honestly I've been very happy using 35 agility on certain fights over mongoose like say

Sartharion with 3 drakes, when I am already taking spiky damage from insane flame breaths, I would rather not have his white damage be spiky as well due to odd proc rates

(also mongoose is rediculously expensive on my server cause its rare to be able to even find void crystals anymore let alone ones that you can buy for a decent price)