Glyph of Conflag

I may be missing the boat, or there may be some other threads on this somewhere. Did any other destruction locks pick up the new glyph last night and find that there dps did not increase?

Re: Glyph of Conflag

Are you changing your rotation at all? If not, there's your answer.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Raks
    I may be missing the boat, or there may be some other threads on this somewhere. Did any other destruction locks pick up the new glyph last night and find that there dps did not increase?
    My dps went up incredibly much. As such, it's just you who is doing something wrong.

I also took the Conflagrate Glyph and noticed my dps go up. It's important to work your rotation a little differently to best use this glyph. If you cast Immolate then immediately conflagrate you can get a second conflagrate in before the initial immolate ends. It takes a minute to get used to as I'm used to casting immolate again right after conflagrate and now I dont need to.

No the free 10k plus dmg to my immolates didnt increase my dps at all

Thanks for the input from the players who aren't tough guys. I did change my rotation. Using COA-CB-Immolate-Conflag-incinerate x 3. I certainly tried to utilize backdraft and take advantage of the fact that immolate did not need to be recast. Our boomkin was not in the raid which I did not think about untill I looked at our wws. I suspect I will have better results with better raid makeup.

But moral of the story it sounds like everyone had excellent results with conflag so I will have to re adjust or just get the correct matrix.

You should be seeing a flat increase in dps even solo vs. a target dummy. Destro has a very forgiving rotation now and you can pretty much get away with anything as long as you keep CoA and Immolate up. Conflag and Chaos Bolt at every available opportunity (its a dps increase even if you're not benefiting from Fire & Brimstone)

I saw a huge increase in my dps last night after picking up the glyph.

I was trying to conflag basically every 10secs...in fact i was casting so freaking fast it was hard for me to pay attention to what the hell i was doing. It was insane. i basically started with coa,corrup,immolate,conflag,chaos,incinx4, conflag,immolate,coa,corrup, chaos, incin,conflag,incinx4....it was really crazy...like crap was just flying out of my hands so fast i was having trouble keeping up. I am at 430 haste roughly and i am not using much tier gear either so I could get my haste up more. I am using non tier pieces for the spirit/sp increases. I really need to work on a more solid rotation it was just hard to keep up with all that speed. big adjustment from affliction cycle that i am used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver
    I saw a huge increase in my dps last night after picking up the glyph.

I was trying to conflag basically every 10secs...in fact i was casting so freaking fast it was hard for me to pay attention to what the hell i was doing. It was insane. i basically started with coa,corrup,immolate,conflag,chaos,incinx4, conflag,immolate,coa,corrup, chaos, incin,conflag,incinx4....it was really crazy...like crap was just flying out of my hands so fast i was having trouble keeping up. I am at 430 haste roughly and i am not using much tier gear either so I could get my haste up more. I am using non tier pieces for the spirit/sp increases. I really need to work on a more solid rotation it was just hard to keep up with all that speed. big adjustment from affliction cycle that i am used to.
    Now try it with 686 haste and Hyperspeed Accelerators. Its orgasmic

Its amazing what small changes can do for us. Between this Glyph, upping chaos bolt and fixing Conflagrate itself I saw around 600-800 DPS increase.

I think the best way to describe the "rotation" is chaotic, very fitting. Loads of fun to feel like a madman laying waste to things. The spec has plenty to keep track of, its in no way a dumbed down rotation.

It takes almost as much concentration as affliction to play it to its potential, but at the same time it is very forgiving. I had reassigned half my keybinds and for most of the raid I still felt like I was bumbling around, yet managed to come in the top 3 almost every fight. Can't wait to see what happens when I settle into it a little more.

I also noticed DPS for all classes was evened out a little more, because despite my huge increase I was producing a similar chunk of the damage, so there is definately a nice distribution. Our hunters are still incredible, fury warriors are sick, mages and Spriests rock. Everyone is doing 5-7% of the damage now, instead of hunters having 10-11 and everyone else at 4-6.

15+ Year Old Account

I dread trying destro again. After mastering affliction to more or less perfection I remember being stressed up from the damn conflagcrap
    Maybe I should go back to some nuking on a less important raid and try it out again cos I miss the lovly incinerate animation.

Locks - FIRE, LAVA, DESTRUCTION !
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Oh its stressful alright, but sooo much fun. Like I said though part of my stress was coming from changing keybinds to find the most intuitive way to cast. Affliction may still be #1 lock damage, Im not sure if its proven yet, but deep destro is now thrilling.

One thing I hate though is for some reason the GCD after conflagrate feels like an eternity lol. I felt like the pace was going great and then I conflag and suddenly im tapping buttons with no response. Remove the GCD from Conflag!!!!!! j/k that would be so OP im sure.

I notcied the GCD on conflag as well. But i agree it would be wicked OP to remove it. The other thing I noticed and I am not sure if its a glitch or not. I remember a lot of people talking about it on forums prepatch....was immolate.

The first application hits and sticks. When i got to reapply the dot at the end of its cycle a lot of times the intial dmg of immolate will hit but the dam dot still wont stick. It was happening to me a lot last night. and I am well over hit capped. Such a pain in the butt to have to recast immolate because it didnt stick correctly the first time.

Any thoughts on this? Is there something I can do to make it stick more often?

When I saw this glyph change I was really intrigued. What kind of dps is desto pushing out now? I used to be a 0/29/42 build with emp imp and master demo. I'm curious if the same build with backdraft instead of emp imp would work well with this glyph. Or is Chaos bolt still better dps? Anyone know first hand?