Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Ulduar and ? in 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by MOSTHATED
    Catering to casuals
    As compared to catering to the 10% population that is hardcore QQ asshats? Good thing Blizzard finally figured out who actually pays the bills.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Necron
    When Sunwell was introduced the title was "Patch 2.4 - Fury of the Sunwell" and I am sure the Ulduar patch will be no different.
    Didn't the same patch bring ZA and MgT though?
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Its amazing how ppl cant make a post without flaming a person or a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Didn't the same patch bring ZA and MgT though?
    Nope. ZA came in its own patch, MgT was released with SWP in 2.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Well we did.* Some of us at least.* The rest of us evolved from monkeys, snakes, and particularly low quality toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Chromie.* Chromie solves Everything.

Time paradox? What time paradox?
    Quote Originally Posted by revasky View Post
    To be fair itemization was terrible in vanilla. LOVING THAT SPIRIT ON MY TANK GEAR OH YEA

I really hope Ulduar is much harder. I think right now blizzard is using lag/DCs to make the content harder. Sure interesting when you lose half your tanks/healers in the middle of a boss fight. :-\

My guild has all the content cleared and OS with 2 drakes done. Only thing holding us back from 3 drakes is the damned lag and DCs. I would love for them to make 25 mans for the more hardcore players and 10 mans for the casual players. You want a challenge you do 25 mans. Trash will hit like trucks and Bosses will be significantly harder. Probably wont happen though.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MOSTHATED
    I highly doubt Ulduar will be difficult at all, The hardest encounter in the game(3D) isn't even hard..

Catering to casuals
    Someone needs a hug.

Look.. Blizzard is treating WotLk raiding as if everyone is new to it. it will gain it's difficulty as we go along. Remember we aren't 70's anymore SWP is gone and we're back to entry level raids.

I do think though that there should be atleast 1 or 2 straight up boss fights (no friggin achievement things like the 3 drakes) that kick our asses.

ulduar will probobly be huge and why cant we get all tier from one? they did it with naxx

personally i dont see very many encounters involving wyrmcrest unless nozdormu is hatching infinite dragons in the bronze sanctum, we attacked the black dragons from what i can see because they were hatching twilight dragons(read night of the dragon).

that being said i could see another CoT raid, since all thats there is hyjal and not used for anything but strat much these days

"Look.. Blizzard is treating WotLk raiding as if everyone is new to it."

Question - why?

Why ignore the 10million+ people of the 11 million subscribers who went through Karazhan in BC and reintroduce raiding to them?

About the Aspects thing some1 mentioned,When you go to Sartharion,notice the 3-4 other instances/portals?maybe another one of them will be opened for us.

PS: Gif world bosses

They will probably add 2 raid instances but I hope that they also add a new 5man.

The lore behind SW 5man was great (though I hate what they did to Kael), I would like to see more of that. And WoW's lore is never ending.

Ulduar will have many boss encounters - it was said in blue post. TBC had SSC and TK but especially TK was short and we didn't had 10 man version of them.

Ulduar will not be hard, expect something like going from Karazhan to ZA. This is because:
    - Blizzard changed tactic and instead of "overtune first, nerf later" they just balance it correctly from start.
    - This is just tier 2 of 4 and they already said that they won't make anything like Sunwell again (pre-nerf of course). So tier 4 will have difficulty of BT pre-3.0 - given time any average guild will be able to complete it.
    - Those unsatisfied and looking for best-in-slot loot that no pug will ever see will have achievements and possibly optional bosses (think of AQ40). Sarth + drakes was just a start of that and it worked well so they will expanse that idea in Ulduar and beyond.

All in all Ulduar, and most likely next tiers too, will offer many encounters (think of Naxx size), will be quite easy to complete without achievements/optional bosses and will also offer challenge and better rewards via achievements and optional bosses making everyone happy (yeah right).

Quote Originally Posted by rodobson
    Is there any speculation as to if there will be more than just 1 instance with patch 3.1? Seems odd that a whole Tier would come from 1 place. In BC we had TK and SSC, so it seems likely we would get more than just Ulduar, unless Ulduar has 9+ bosses. Any thoughts?
    Ulduar is the only content scheduled to be released with 3.1 patch. It'll be essentially "Naxx10/25 +25%-50% harder". So, by then, everyone will be geared up in Naxx10/25 gear, that extra +25-50% difficulty won't be that much of a ramp up at all.

RWeber

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    The argument could be made that the real change was how you deal with trash in Wrath. Naxx is actually bigger than TK was. However, the trash in TK was brutal and you weren't getting through it without CC. Imagine how much faster TK would have been if you just picked up 10 mobs and aoed them down in less than a minute like you do in Naxx25. Trash seems to be mostly for decoration now, and that allows for much faster raids. Hell, there was more trash in Karazhan than there is in Naxx.
    TK was not a full raid tier, it was one half with the other being SSC. Yes the trash was hard the first few times you went there, as in you actually had to learn their abilities and have tactics for them. However, the bosses were also orders of magnitude harder than Naxx. Kael is possibly the best raid encounter ever created and provided a real challenge unlike anything in Naxx.

"Ulduar will not be hard, expect something like going from Karazhan to ZA. "
    Why do you think that? By the way, ZA was a good instance, much harder than Kara.

"- Blizzard changed tactic and instead of "overtune first, nerf later" they just balance it correctly from start."
    I think you wanted to say "- Blizzard changed tactic and instead of "overtune first, nerf later" they just overnerf it so that bad players can't whine they need to learn to play to get epics".

"This is just tier 2 of 4 and they already said that they won't make anything like Sunwell again (pre-nerf of course). So tier 4 will have difficulty of BT pre-3.0 - given time any average guild will be able to complete it."

I am ok with that if they can fix the achievement system. The basics are there, but the whole thing does not fulfill its purpose atm. Lets hope some items will be given to those doing achievements and they do achievements hard (all of them - this is why they are called achievements, not "random points" right?)

I would be happy for Grim Batol and maybe Neltharion 8)

It seems like a lot of you guys don't keep up with Blue posts. I'm pretty sure this was news'd on the front page here.

In reference to the number of bosses in and the difficulty of Ulduar:

Ulduar PTR testing
    Ulduar will be on PTR in the future, but we're going to have tight controls in place on what can be tested at any given time. Ulduar will also not be up permanently like Naxxramas was in the WotLK Beta. If we have something to test, we'll make the zone and encounter available. If we don't, we'll disable the zone.

That being said, there's going to be a LOT of encounters to test in both 10 and 25 player modes. There will also be a whole lot of "hard modes" and achievements to test. We're shooting for most all of the encounters to have "hard modes" that allow raids to increase the challenge and reward level if they're up to it. We're pretty pleased with how Sartharion and his drakes worked, and we're going to expand on that idea extensively in Ulduar and future raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Gron

Question - why?

Why ignore the 10million+ people of the 11 million subscribers who went through Karazhan in BC and reintroduce raiding to them?
    if you honestly believe that anywhere near 10 million people ever went through Kara, you're either one of the most fundamentally unintelligent people ever, or just living in an alternate world.

Lots of people raid, sure... but it isnt even anywhere near half of the WoW population. Blizzard is trying to fix that with LK. Thats why theyre "re-intro-ing" raiding.

As for the guys earlier who were like "theyve made the hardcore raiders mad, and if they dont appease us, a lot of us will leave"

tip for you: since you make up something like 4% of the population, and dont contribute significantly to their bottom line, they dont care.

If you all leave because you're mad that "the casuals" can get the same gear you can, no one will miss you. You dont matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi
    Ulduar will not be hard, expect something like going from Karazhan to ZA. This is because:
    - Blizzard changed tactic and instead of "overtune first, nerf later" they just balance it correctly from start.
    - This is just tier 2 of 4 and they already said that they won't make anything like Sunwell again (pre-nerf of course). So tier 4 will have difficulty of BT pre-3.0 - given time any average guild will be able to complete it.
    - Those unsatisfied and looking for best-in-slot loot that no pug will ever see will have achievements and possibly optional bosses (think of AQ40). Sarth + drakes was just a start of that and it worked well so they will expanse that idea in Ulduar and beyond.

All in all Ulduar, and most likely next tiers too, will offer many encounters (think of Naxx size), will be quite easy to complete without achievements/optional bosses and will also offer challenge and better rewards via achievements and optional bosses making everyone happy (yeah right).
    YEAH BUT OTHER PPLZ MJIGHT EQUIP MY SHINY LOOTS I WONT BE SPEIOCALZ ANYMORE?!?!

You can never make an idiot happy, they're too stupid to reailze how good they've got it.

If Naxx is so easy for you, make sure nobody in your guild reads any guide about Ulduar and that everybody disables BDM. Perhaps doing the work yourselves instead of saving some weeks of learning the encounters just by watching a couple videos will make the encounters more filling for you.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gron

Question - why?

Because they did that for BC raid content (tuning it for the MC/BWL crowd), and it did not work so well.