Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Mutilate Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak
    seems the link is bugged yes, can't be arsed with digging it up again out of hundreds of posts..but
    the jist of it was that the spreadsheet had an error in it that showed the mentioned spec as higher
    dps than it actually produced, if you check the pocket guide on EJ's you'll see that the spec mentioned
    there is the same as I mention here with no alternatives.
    Yeah you can't really link to specific posts with EJ's forums unfortunately. Seems to me if I'm remembering correctly the numbers behind Serrated Blades were being multiplied together instead of added together in Aldriana's spreedsheets was what caused 51/7/13 to seem like it was the superior spec with 4 Piece T8 Bonus.

About Glyphs.. I am lvl 70 on my rogue.. should I use rupture or HfB glyph?
    Wich one will give most dps increase?
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ránëwén
    I didn't do the maths, but I guess that your choice shluod be HfB glyph, because is an increase of 3% of ALL your damage.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ránëwén
    You shouldn't have HFB at 70.

[quote=Zulwarri]
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLynx
    The first post of this thread says that the 51/7/13 spec is no longer the way to go with 4pc t8, and gives a ]

Yeah you can't really link to specific posts with EJ's forums unfortunately.
    1. BS/SB as assassination was never optimal, and a lot of people were mislead by following blindly the holy spreadsheet (Aldriana's had this error for several months); that's what you get for not using your own judgment
    2. oh noes, haxx inside

Very well written and had all the good info. Thanks a lot!
    Never pick a fight with someone who has nothing to lose.

I had a question about Master Poisoner and Turn the Tables. Now that Master Poisoner seems to be a mandatory talent due to the fact your Deadly Poison is no longer consumed, I was curious if it would be worth taking 3 points from Close Quarters Combat to put into TtT? Is the extra 6% crit on Combo moves (Mutilate) worth the 3% crit loss overall? It may be a stupid question but I was wondering if anyone had tested anything for this. Thanks!

Armory Link:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Afterburnett

Quote Originally Posted by jakeoff13
    I had a question about Master Poisoner and Turn the Tables. Now that Master Poisoner seems to be a mandatory talent due to the fact your Deadly Poison is no longer consumed, I was curious if it would be worth taking 3 points from Close Quarters Combat to put into TtT? Is the extra 6% crit on Combo moves (Mutilate) worth the 3% crit loss overall? It may be a stupid question but I was wondering if anyone had tested anything for this. Thanks!

Armory Link:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Afterburnett
    Imo no, QCQ is overall which is better than 6% crit for mutilate and envenom. I have over 51% crit raid buffed so over half of my specials are crits. Not to mention mutilate has +15% crit from talents. But now i`m wondering if i should stack ap or just agi since i`m not doing ruptures anymore. What da ya thinks?
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

Anyone know where I can find a spreadsheet with all lvl 70 items including lvl 80 gems /enchants?

I have looked on 3 different

1 - missed 70 items
    2 - missed 80 gems /enchants
    3 - only had BiS 70 gear mostly
    This user has been banned.

This should be updated gem wise. I like the guide, very similar to how I play my assassination spec.

15+ Year Old Account

I'll do that as soon as I stop feelin so darned lazy.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Yeah, I could help you if need be. Just message me; I'm new to this forum. ^.^

This is great well done.
    As a combat rogue through and through I haven't yet dipped my toe into the Assassination pool, but I'm starting to find the limitations of my build and hopefully this guide will help me improve my DPS somewhat!

On a critical note, it may be an idea to update the recommended Gem choices to include the Epic recipes in-game, this guide seems to be slightly outdated in that respect I noticed.

Thx again.

*Edit.... After posting I actually could be bothered to scroll through and check some of the other comments, so apologies for the nagging about Gems lol, my Forum laziness has been duely noted!

Where`s the mutilate Love for crying out loud? Where have teh assasination luvers go?

/thread
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

There are still a lot of assa lovers there (which im claiming for two years to be... but still dosn't have a lot of time to) that could give they rogue's life for assa, but... assa isnt that much vialable as combat for totgc. So slowly we rot... and btw, before the wtlk patch in bc i was pulling the most dmg done and dps as assa rogue in my guild, before other classes so, lets say im an old forgotten junky thats claims to know everythin and saying bullshit at all.

It's almost 3.3 and we have yet to have an update to this thread for 3.2.....

Come on Grindfreak! 8)
    To Mutilate or not to Mutilate,.... that is the question...

http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eitrigg&n=Denide

because in 3.2 there was nothing fancy new about assasination, as for how-to.

anyway, ruptureless cycles? when and how?

Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Denide
    It's almost 3.3 and we have yet to have an update to this thread for 3.2.....

Come on Grindfreak! 8)
    I stopped slacking :P kinda...

and yes, I changed my profile name to reflect my current main 8)

Hi there =)

I'm a lovely mutilate rogue

I'd like to gem all about armor penetration but... i still need some items to raise up my attack power and about that i want to know... the attack power cap it's always 4k as combat spec?

Armor penetration can be a way to maximize the dps? Atm i can keep 5.5k for the whole ToC25 (max reached 7.2 =) )

Tyty

Ah btw, that's my armory =) feel free for any advice

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...totem&n=Dororo

15+ Year Old Account

no, you'll not want to gem armor penetration as mutilate, a big chunk of your damage is poison which ignores armor anyways.