Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Mutilate Raiding & Incoming Rogue Changes.

That may be, put personally I'd rather learn the min/max playstyle by heart, and play it properly while
    not messing up at all.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

When equipping dual WDs IP/IP/Evis pulls along IP/DP/Env provided someone else poisons the target. It’s sad to see Sinister Revenge being blown away by daggers one whole tier below :/.

Anyway I am gonna try this new assassination shiv build http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=fheb0egoVb0I0Ao0xV0xZx which is very very close to the cookie cutter mutilate raiding build on DPS (at least on paper) just for the fun of it. You go for dual fast daggers and IP/IP/Evis rotation and shiv as your main combo builder but scrap the +4 cps finisher rule of standard muti if you go that way. Always Rupture / Evis on 5 cps to maximize Relentless Strikes.

PS: I know combat shiv fast / fast builds pull ahead right now but an assassination build that is competitive and skips mutilate is so tempting to try.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by arenascrub
    When equipping dual WDs IP/IP/Evis pulls along IP/DP/Env provided someone else poisons the target. It’s sad to see Sinister Revenge being blown away by daggers one whole tier below :/.

Anyway I am gonna try this new assassination shiv build http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=fheb0egoVb0I0Ao0xV0xZx which is very very close to the cookie cutter mutilate raiding buidl on DPS (at least on paper) just for the fun of it. You go for dual fast daggers and IP/IP/Evis rotation and shiv as your main combo builder but scrap the +4 cps finisher rule of standard muti if you go that way. Always Rupture / Evis on 5 cps to maximize Relentless Strikes.
    If you are looking for a shiv build ;D check this thread out.

Art of Poisons : Combat Shiv Build & PvE Poison DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak
    If you are looking for a shiv build ;D check this thread out.

Art of Poisons : Combat Shiv Build & PvE Poison DPS
    Hehe where you think I got the idea from :P.

Quote Originally Posted by shokchief
    anyways na i dont see a point min max so ridiclus much
    This my friend is what separates true rogues from warlock rerollers . On a more serious note that kind of min / maxing is what I like about this class. How many classes you know that switch weapons for certain abilities like dagger rogues do (proud owner of two Sinister Reverges) for FoK to maximize AoE performance or do things like the vanish / overkill trick we do to get that bit more DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by arenascrub
    This my friend is what separates true rogues from warlock rerollers . On a more serious note that kind of min / maxing is what I like about this class. How many classes you know that switch weapons for certain abilities like dagger rogues do (proud owner of two Sinister Reverges) for FoK to maximize AoE performance or do things like the vanish / overkill trick we do to get that bit more DPS?
    i jsut find it useless to min max why becasou nearly everytime the reason why bosses dont go down is

A some one not paing attention (ie probably to much looking at the healing bars and class buffs and so on)
    B some sloppy mistake
    C raid gear

its very rare where that Min/max would have been the diffrence between a kill and a wipe, ofc if i where in a raiding guild i would min max more becasou they would most likley want the class and not the player.

and ofc i know there was the kel thuzad wipe at 120 hp so yes min max for the win on that one. but honestly its so rare its a reason for a raid failing.

as i said earlier as long as im Top 5 and not dieing and doing the rigth things i consider myslef a valuable player for a a pug raid and most likley any normal guild run also atm.

i do understand people wanting to do it but i really cant figure out why people can go to such extreme lengths to do it.

but anyways thats jsut my 2 coppers

15+ Year Old Account

What?

15+ Year Old Account

I added beneficial debuffs and buffs at the bottom, if you notice anything missing, let me know.

You called 2 things Added bleed damage, might want to change one of them to Added crit chance.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chia
    You called 2 things Added bleed damage, might want to change one of them to Added crit chance.
    Cheers :P Fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak
    I added beneficial debuffs and buffs at the bottom, if you notice anything missing, let me know.
    +5% spell crit: Moonkin aura / Elemental Oath
    +13% spell damage: CoE / Earth and Moon / Ebon Plaguebringer
    +10% spell crit: Winter's Chill / Imp. Scorch
    ^ all affect poisons.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PDonz
    +5% spell crit: Moonkin aura / Elemental Oath
    +13% spell damage: CoE / Earth and Moon / Ebon Plaguebringer
    +10% spell crit: Winter's Chill / Imp. Scorch
    ^ all affect poisons.
    very true did some asking around and aldriana told me this:

Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    All spell damage buffs - including those 3 - apply to poisons. Envenom does benefit from the 13% spell damage buff, but uses the melee attack table rather than the spell one, such that it does not benefit from the spell crit buff; instead, it benefits from Leader of the Pack (or equivalent).

Maybe you could add a section "Useful HfB Addons" or something like that as people keep asking it and are too lazy to google them.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nazhghal
    Maybe you could add a section "Useful HfB Addons" or something like that as people keep asking it and are too lazy to google them.
    as a matter of fact, its already there. not a section of its own, but its embedded into the rotation section.

Following the opening of the PTR's is there any further feedback Re Assassination tree changes ? In particular what's new and has the energy req for HfB / mutilate etc been reduced ?

Many thanks

This is one of the most usefull guides to rogue pve i've read for a long time !

- Its Awesome

Re: Mutilate Raiding for dummies.

Should I use Murder/Murder or Murder/SR?

A few times i heard some rogues say that ruthlessness scales against crit. Can someone shine a little light on what this means please?
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by danightryder
    A few times i heard some rogues say that ruthlessness scales against crit. Can someone shine a little light on what this means please?
    I believe it's because you'll perform more 4cp finishers, which is not optimal, with higher crit on Mutilates

Ruth (procced)
    4cp finisher: crit
    5cp finisher: hit+crit or hit+hit

No Ruth
    4cp finisher: hit+hit
    5cp finisher: crit+hit or crit+crit or hit+crit

It's quite easy to notice Ruthlessness scaling against crit when trying to perform 5cp finishers only.

Question regarding Armor Penetration as I noticed you give it fairly high EP. I thought Armor Penetration was mainly a PvP stat and pretty worthless for PvE. Am I misinformed?