Fresh 80 looking for some input/guidance.

Hey guys I just hit 80 with my paladin and have gone ret from the get go more or less. I'm trying to decide on where to go from here. I'm not likely going to be raiding anytime soon with school, work, girl etc.., and i'm guildless without an epic flyer. My main goal is finishing up northrend q's and double back and finish up BEM and up once I get an epic flyer. Now the thing is I would like to fit in a few 5-mans and slowly gear up for heroics.

Now what I'm looking for input on is doing all this as holy. I've never once in my life gone holy as a paladin and I'm wondering if it is effective to achieve my goals here. I mean looking at the talents I would basically be judging, autoattacking and shocking. I dont see myself much as a tank but I also havent tanked anything since rfk and I prefer healing in 5-mans.

I'm sure this won't be much an issue come dual-specs but for now reglyphing, respecing and redoing my bars for everytime I want to instance isn't very appealing specifically when I'm saving for my flyer. Any input?

Re: Fresh 80 looking for some input/guidance.

If you've ever seen the video of 'how to AV as holy', then you know how to quest as holy. You keep consecrate down as often as you can, judge/holy shock, and auto attack, and heal yourself if needed. There's also some slam move (i forgot what it is because i use it so little) for a little extra dps, but honestly I can never find it on my bars. Divine Plea as often as you can and you shouldn't really have much if any downtime. It's a slower way to quest, but its great for soloing small group quests

Re: Fresh 80 looking for some input/guidance.

ehh its not to slow u can pull almost as many mobs as u feel comfortable.. 5 - 10 depending on lvl. and AoE them down all fairly easily