Thread: Str over Agi?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Str over Agi?

Just wondering at what point do I need to start stacking Str over Agi?

thanks

Re: Str over Agi?

Quote Originally Posted by Mato
    Just wondering at what point do I need to start stacking Str over Agi?

thanks
    For what? For cat form, yesterday. For bear form, never.

for cat form

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mato
    for cat form

thanks
    By the time you are in ilvl 200 epics str will be your gems of choice. Once you get to 10k AP then agi takes over again. With those basic epics you should be approaching 50% crit and 7-8k AP with little trouble.

I just wish there was a single piece of ilevel 200+ leather with strength on it for us to use.

grapethief

apparently they changed the strength on staves to attack power, they prolly did the same with feral leather gear cause as far as ive been raiding i havent seen a leather piece with strength , only agi, stam and AP :-X

15+ Year Old Account

Strength is going to be the stat you want to gem for as a cat until something like 10k AP in cat form, at which point you can start gemming agility (this is not something you will be doing with the current highest-tier of gear)

That's pre-SR AP, for clarity.

15+ Year Old Account

No need for direct strength on gear. Every piece of leather is loaded with attack power with still gets the 40% bonus from Savage Roar. Not to mention agility as well.

http://druid.wikispaces.com/ToskksDPSGearMethod

Toskks basically spells out exactly when you need to start stacking agility over strength for cat form. If you have 50% crit you need 14,200 ap (before savage roar), then you should start gemming for agility.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by grapethief
    apparently they changed the strength on staves to attack power, they prolly did the same with feral leather gear cause as far as ive been raiding i havent seen a leather piece with strength , only agi, stam and AP :-X
    No str on gear was to make more gear more appealing to rogues, while the AP to staves was to make the more appealing to hunters. However, fortunately for druids, AP scales better on weapons than str. The str was converted to AP at a 1->2 ratio. Raid buffed, str gets scaled 16% through SotF and Kings, while AP, on your weapon only, gets scaled by 20% by...I believe it is predatory strikesinstincts...but I could have the wrong talent.

Unfortunately, Str will only be found on off "jewelry" pieces and gems, but it is better until a gear level we don't have to worry about at this time.

edit: thank you for the appropriate talent...I forgot who the user was.

Deleted

in case u cba to do some base math, having 10k AP with SR means having 7140 AP without SR, which is not hard to obtain with some raid buffs and decent (dps focused) gear

Quote Originally Posted by ovideozn
    in case u cba to do some base math, having 10k AP with SR means having 7140 AP without SR, which is not hard to obtain with some raid buffs and decent (dps focused) gear
    The 10k mark is unbuffed, and I was under the impression no SR as well. 7k is certainly fairly easily attainable, but from the figures I've seen, it has always been 10k+ unbuffed, no SR.

Deleted

is that value obtainable with ilvl 200 epics ?... i'm a tank myself and i don't know a lot about what values dps can reach, but as far as i've seen, only a few items have over 200 AP, and these aren't ilvl 200... well... maybe focusing on str helps more than i can imagine

I dont understand where this 10k mark is coming from ...
    Look at taskks page, it's linked above.
    12k unbuffed (that includes SR) @ 30% crit is about the minimum.
    Now for me, im around 7k unbuffed @ 42% crit in 50/50 10 man 25 man gear.
    That would mean that im looking to gem/chant for str till im about 13.3k.
    I can see where i can gain about another 200ish AP by re-gemming etc, but the reality is that I do not think I can get to 13.3k AP LOL. EVER. (with current available gear)

The best in slot gear (ilvl 226) doesn't get us to the point where Strength isn't better yet, so just stack strength for cats.

Also, the weapon AP point that keeps getting made isn't the debuff everyone thinks it is.

You will have the 3 points in Predatory Strikes which gives you 20% extra Ap from all AP on your weapon. This is a bigger gain than the 16% provided by Survival of The Fittest and Blessing of Kings on Strength on a weapon. Please note this only applies to weapons and any slots on weapons, everywhere else needs as much strength as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by kittenkiller
    I dont understand where this 10k mark is coming from ...
    Look at taskks page, it's linked above.
    12k unbuffed (that includes SR) @ 30% crit is about the minimum.
    Now for me, im around 7k unbuffed @ 42% crit in 50/50 10 man 25 man gear.
    That would mean that im looking to gem/chant for str till im about 13.3k.
    I can see where i can gain about another 200ish AP by re-gemming etc, but the reality is that I do not think I can get to 13.3k AP LOL. EVER. (with current available gear)
    I had forgotten the exact point, I just knew it was 10k+...which that alone is beyond the reach of unbuffed AP in current gear, so I wasn't too worried about the exact, but you are correct that it is significantly higher than "just" 10k according to Toskk's model. Also, according to toskk's model those are without SR up. That is completely unbuffed.

15+ Year Old Account

I re-gemmed from agi to str a couple weeks ago and with everything procing I was at something like 16.1k ap with SR. My dps was noticeably higher all night compared to stacking agility. I switched 6 gems...UGH! I think that puts me at 11.5k before SR. I don't have my screenshot here at work but I believe I'm at 53% crit so I personally need to hit over 14.2k unbuffed before I make the cutover. Even with the new bracers, belt, cloak and legs I will hopefully get before Ulduar I don't think I'll hit it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

15+ Year Old Account

It's not really an attainable point in gemming with the best gear currently available, so there's not much to worry about.

i have alot of the best gear i can have and im not close to 10k+ ap w/o SR up. and as far as gemming str is the way to go. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...jal&n=Humankeg is my armory. doing 5500 dps in current gear

Assuming nothing gets changed, and ilvl does not suddenly inflate, not even Icecrown gear will make you gem agility over strength

So just gem strength.
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun
    I re-gemmed from agi to str a couple weeks ago and with everything procing I was at something like 16.1k ap with SR. My dps was noticeably higher all night compared to stacking agility. I switched 6 gems...UGH! I think that puts me at 11.5k before SR. I don't have my screenshot here at work but I believe I'm at 53% crit so I personally need to hit over 14.2k unbuffed before I make the cutover. Even with the new bracers, belt, cloak and legs I will hopefully get before Ulduar I don't think I'll hit it.

Armory link please.