Prison Escape Raid Part 2: Interrogator Drentist

Part 1 = http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...3957#msg623957

You may choose to head to the Torture Chamber before the guards quarters, but the Torture Chamber leads to the 2nd to last boss, who can only be accessed by defeating the rest of the available bosses, so its recommended you go to the Guards Quarters first. On your way down the stairs, you will come across trash that increases the damage you take and hits hard, a preview of things to come. The Torture Chamber seems empty, aside from a giant Iron Maiden. An NPC outside the room will inform you that most of the tools of torture were taken to the top of the prison to entertain Warden Graelus and that Drentist seems to be missing as well. Don't let this fool you, he is in there. Enter the room when you are ready to begin the encounter.

Interrogator Drentist
    As you enter the room the giant Iron Maiden will shatter and a Draenai dressed in SnM garb carrying a whip will jump out and begin to sing.
    Dentrist: "My name is Dreeeentiiiist. I have a talent for causing things PAIN! My name is Dreeeentiiiiist. People pay me to be inhuMANE. My temperaments wrong for a healer, and tanking would suit me still less! So this little Dreeeentiiiist. He is DPS!"
    Drentist can be taunted. Its recommended to take 2-3 tanks to deal with Love Marks rotations. Drentist hits pretty hard and the Love Marks Debuff makes healing that much more insane. Every so often, when he receives the Pain Lover debuff, Drentist will shout one of the following.
    "Oh yes....it hurts so GOOD!"
    "More...YES...MORE!"
    "Oh, you are a dirty little boy/girl"
    "Phew, is it as good for you as it is for me?"

While healing gets tough, it falls upon individual players to keep an eye on their own health to see if they can or can't attack. Players are likely to kill themselves if the Pain Lover Debuff gets too high, combined with the Love Marks debuff. With the 8 minute enrage timer, players have to continue to DPS him, but be careful about letting the stacks get too high. Once you are able to kill him, he will fall over dead, exclaiming...
    Drentist: "*gasp* So.....close...to finishing...."

Hard Mode: If you are able to get Drentist to 80 stacks at once, Drentist will stun the raid and exclaim, "YES! YES! Oh god yes! THAAAANK YOOUUUUU!" Drentist will sit down to rest and become untargetable. The Enrage timer disappears as he will not enrage. "Phew....that was wonderful...please allow me to return the favor! Babies! Come help me entertain the guests." At this point the raid will become unstunned and dozens of SnM dressed gnomes will run out of little holes and begin to attack the raid. The gnomes can easily deal 8k damage to clothies, so they need to be gathered up and AoEed down before the raid gets overwhelmed. After 80 seconds, Drentist will regain all of his health, stand up and rejoin the fight, saying, "Are they not good enough for you? Very well, looks like you need a real man to please you!". Drentist will attack in the same fashion as before, but will stay at 80 stacks of Pain Lover, never gaining or losing any stacks. The gnomes will continue to spawn and attack the raid. Once you reduce him to 0% health, you are awarded with the first player interactive death animation. Drentist will swing his whip knocking every player except the one who got the killing blow against the wall. Whoever gets the killing blow on Drentist will catch the business side of the whip and use it to pull Drentist to the ground. Before Drentist can get up, the player will jump onto Dentrists back, wrap the whip around Drentists neck and use it to choke him to death. The gnomes will retreat, leaving a treasure chest with extra loot behind.

Drentist Abilities:
    Enrage - After 8 minutes, Drentist enrages, increases all damage done by Drentist (Including Lash of Love) by 1000% and exclaiming. "If you can't please me, then get out!"
    Love Marks - Whenever Drentist damages a player, they gain this stacking debuff, lowering their health by 1% for 10 seconds. If the stack reaches 25, Drentist will refuse to attack that target directly (the target loses all threat and cannot generate any until the debuff is gone.) The player can still be hit by Lash of Love, but will not receive any more stacks of Love Marks, nor will the current stacks be refreshed.
    Pain Lover - Whenever Drentist loses 1% of his health, he will gain the Pain Lover buff, which increases the damage he takes by 1%, increases his melee damage by 4% and affects Drentists Lash of Love attack. Each stack of Pain Lover counts as a separate buff. Gaining another stack does not refresh the original. Each stack lasts 70 seconds.
    Lash of Love - Used on a player whenever they attack Drentist. This includes anything that directly affects Drentist (Melee, Special attacks, Damaging spells, debuffs, etc, applying DoTs (the affects of DoTs and debuffs don't trigger his attack beyond the initial application, but do if they are refreshed)). Effect depends on how many stacks of Pain Lover Dentrist has. Is not used on Drentists highest aggro target.
    1-5 stacks - 15 sec CD, deals 2k damage.
    6-9 stacks - 10 sec CD, deals 3k damage
    10-19 stacks - 10 sec CD, deals 4k damage
    20-29 stacks - 10 sec CD, deals 6k damage
    30-39 stacks - 8 sec CD, deals 10k damage
    40-49 stacks - 6 sec CD, deals 13k damage
    50-59 stacks - 6 sec CD, deals 15k damage
    60-80 stacks - 6 sec CD, deals 15k damage and stuns the character for 2 seconds.

Parts 3 and 4 coming later

Re: Prison Escape Raid Part 2: Interrogator Drentist

Another part of my "Prison Escape" Raid. Please comment on the fight, whether you enjoyed it or not. I always appreciate constructive feedback. Let me know what you liked, did not like, and perhaps didn't understand.

15+ Year Old Account

this was ok...but i think this is bit lower rank than first ones.....sorta...umm...how id but this....weird?
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

I think I need to read more threads relating to this one and I shall, but after reading it... my jaw kinda dropped and I had my patented /evilgrin as well.

This is definitely the most detailed and most naughty post I have read. It does sound like a totally amazing boss fight that us adults can all enjoy. It is something that others of a more conservative nature might gasp at if they saw their 12yr old playing this boss fight on their computer screen.

I have to stop now cause the evil side of my brain is now getting too many ideas for whitty comebacks. As for the other boss fights in the linked thread.... pretty cool and definitely different. Where did the idea for this prison raid dungeon come from ... again, I have only skilled the surface of these threads today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqNKwJjYSa0

And if you defeat him do you get to go on to fight seymour the gardener?

Quote Originally Posted by miekkagoon
    this was ok...but i think this is bit lower rank than first ones.....sorta...umm...how id but this....weird?
    I'm a little confused by your post, but I'll assume that you mean this fight seems easier than the others. This fight was meant to be a basic test of people's attention. After a little while, DPS would have to pay attention to their own health to see whether they could afford to DPS yet. If players never paid attention, then they would prolly kill themselves. The basic mode is just that. Basic. I like Blizzard's idea of making extra challenges in fights for extra rewards. The Hard mode of this fight is meant to be MUCH harder. That way, elite players get their challenge, but everyone gets to see their content.

Also, Dungeons rarely have a true ladder of difficulty. If this boss is easier than the others, oh well =P. Like I said at the start, you can do this boss before Maltras and Triskle, your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by lythrdskynrd
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqNKwJjYSa0

And if you defeat him do you get to go on to fight seymour the gardener?
    I'm glad someone got my reference so early ^_^

This fight was somewhat inspired by that song. At least, I had an idea for a Torturer or Interrogator boss in my raid, but was tired of 2D uninteresting bosses like Haldren. I had the Dentist song on my playlist and it clicked. "I'll make the fight about a boss that loves getting hurt!" As I was writing the fight, I decided that the begining of the song was too perfect to leave out. The though of a Draenai jumping out of an Iron Maiden in SnM garb happily singing about torturing people was too much to pass up.