Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the best way to farm honor?

As the title says. I searched some with the search engine, but couldn't find anything :>

So, what's the best way to achieve the most honor in the shortest amount of time out of all the battlegrounds, Wintergrasp and dailies.. anything else?
    hai

Re: What is the best way to farm honor?

Wintergrasp every time it's up.

premade premade premade

get in a vent and try and find ppl fun to pvp with

makes it a lot faster and a lot more fun

I had hours of fun having my resto sham friend sit on the edge of the cliff at LM in AB. I would hide stealthed. Then when melee jumped on him BOOM typhoon off the cliff to their death.

WG

WG whenever it's up (do all the dailies), then rotate through SOTA, WSG, AB and EOTS. Turn in the marks for bonus honor. It's the fastest way.

If the queues are fast, sometimes you can gamehop from AB to WSG to SOTA looking for games that are almost over. This gives you faster tokens and allows for faster turnins. Using this method, I got something like 60k honor today without a painful, all-day grind.

AV Premades will still net you a LOT of honor per hour, as they always have, assuming you know how to run them and have enough people.

My guild was legendary on our server for our premades back in TBC, everyone had our vent. Now in WotLK, a lot of people seem to think AV is worthless...they are wrong. AV is still AMAZING honor when done efficiently.

[size=8pt]

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark
    Blizzard said 70 was Chess Board Pvp well 80 Pvp is like checkers, except both teams have chainsaws and can make up their own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunwio
    AV Premades will still net you a LOT of honor per hour, as they always have, assuming you know how to run them and have enough people.

My guild was legendary on our server for our premades back in TBC, everyone had our vent. Now in WotLK, a lot of people seem to think AV is worthless...they are wrong. AV is still AMAZING honor when done efficiently.
    This VERY MUCH depends on the battlegroup. I'm Ruin-Horde (gag me), and AV to me means 200 honor in a roflstomp 40 Ally vs 15 Horde match.

15+ Year Old Account

Do WG whenever you can and you'll be honor capped before you even know it (literally).

Quote Originally Posted by Kampret
    WSG
    Fixed :P But srsly go WG all the time and do some SotA. Atleast thats what i did when i farmed Savage gear on my mage.

I'm on whirlwind battlegroup and the only thing this battlegroup seems to be able to do is AV (last time I was in, it was a 40-9 :P). Anything other then that is like 135-250 honor.
    Wintergrasp is a great way. the server I'm on seems to get it atleast 6 times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by donofthedead
    This VERY MUCH depends on the battlegroup. I'm Ruin-Horde (gag me), and AV to me means 200 honor in a roflstomp 40 Ally vs 15 Horde match.
    Word. Ruin used to have great AV premade, but now AV is dead. Wich we could 3k honor each AV like old time

Hit every WG and do premades in between, with people that are fun to play with. If they're not, you'll be doing like 2-3 BG's then that voice comes in your head saying "screw this, I'm out".

I recommend setting a timer for when WG is up that way you can make sure to get in no matter what you're doing.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

100 of each mark, it's not easy but damn it who needs marks any more 930x100= 93,000 nearly 2 peices of armor, not forgetting what you'll get for actually getting 100 of each mark. Pretty much full set plus rings,cloak,neck,trinket. Lovely.

Wintergrasp quests and wintergrasp itself

You can get some addons for WG.
    Ex. is a WG timer so you dont have to set a clock yourself

Next patch blizzard ll give us a timer on WG map. The addon ll be still usefull.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    WG whenever it's up (do all the dailies), then rotate through SOTA, WSG, AB and EOTS. Turn in the marks for bonus honor. It's the fastest way.

If the queues are fast, sometimes you can gamehop from AB to WSG to SOTA looking for games that are almost over. This gives you faster tokens and allows for faster turnins. Using this method, I got something like 60k honor today without a painful, all-day grind.
    Do this. Its common sense. Geez.

Don't even bother with BGs, just do WG everytime it's up. It's like 5x honor than BGs

15+ Year Old Account

hand the char to your friend once in a while and tell him u need honor.

my friends usualy go: OMG i play lvl 80 paladin woohoo i own!
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

I wouldn't really listen to everyone about WG.. WG is very very good when you have the dailys(if you can get the 3 attack daily's+win its around 7-8k for 20ish minutes work).. once the daily's are gone, wg is no better then bgs. A win in WG with no daily's nets you around 3k(including kills) for 20-25minutes(avg win time). AV will give you around 1400-1600 for 7-15minutes avg(problem here on my server is hour que times).. WSG can be fast if you don't get stalemates.. 

Strands is worth around 1200 honor if you win, 900ish if you loss, but here is the kicker.. if you are alliance strands is amazing, cause you can win games in under 10 minutes. For horde you have a min time of 13 minutes.. normally closer to 15-20 minutes cause alliance always go first.. If you can get in a organized Strands group, you can get 1200 honor+ in a 6 minute game with a alliance pre-made.. nothing beats that.. horde are stuck with a min of 13 minutes to do the same thing in strands.

So for advice.. well do WG attack with daily's as main priority. Then move on to the daily whatever it is... Certain weekends will of course be good, altho some bgs are bad honor.. AB/EOS can be very bad honor per minute, if you get stuck in long games.. so try to avoid them. Que AV and take it whenever its up(if your battlegroup wins alot there). Then of course if alliance, do lots of strands, esp if you get a pre-made.