Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shadow isn't a healing spec

Even if Shadow isnt healing spec, priest is truly a healing class, whats your problem, is that big deal to drop your ZOMG IM LUCENT form? no it isnt. It only costs you some mana and you will help a team mate in troubles. Are you such mean people or you are just too lazy to rest 10 seconds to get your mana back?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked
    Even if Shadow isnt healing spec, priest is truly a healing class, whats your problem, is that big deal to drop your ZOMG IM LUCENT form? no it isnt. It only costs you some mana and you will help a team mate in troubles. Are you such mean people or you are just too lazy to rest 10 seconds to get your mana back?
    I help, through dps. But you know, in battlegrounds usually people end up in trouble cause they meet someone who own them. If my mission was to heal all of those, shouldn't I have chosen another spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked
    I find it so funny when people think they can tell others how to play their class. What this guy is really asking is - "Why don't you just rest to get back your mana so I can go have fun and not eat?!" Grow up and stop expecting others to sacrifice so you can do what you want.

For the record, when i was shadow I would ALWAYS break form and heal if it meant greater likelihood of winning the BG. The ONLY time a spriest should ever break form is for that reason (i.e. flag carrier, holding a node, etc). If dps are in the clear, they should eat b/c it's incredibly mana inefficient for a spriest to heal and the group will suffer more for the lost dps traded for the minor gain in healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubious
    as a shadow priest u atleast got a mana pool

when ppl ask me for heals i tell em to fuck off (im prot or retri)
    when ur OOC u can sit down and eat

and pvping in shadowform?
    so ur switching form all the time to heal urself?
    lol. I sit and eat too.

It isn't worth dropping shadowform to heal myself. I still have to sit and drink to recover the mana.

It's true that when you spec shadow you lose your healing buttons.

On a more serious note, if you have a healing button and healing at specific situation is more useful, do it. Refusing to heal because you spec a non-healing spec is completely retarded.
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea
    It's quite amusing with conversations like this (chars being lvl70+):
    Rogue: Heal.
    Priest: I'm shadow
    Rogue: So?
    Priest: Shadow isn't a healing spec

Once dual specs come out, this will no longer happen.

Rogue: Heal?
    Priest: I'm Shadow
    Rogue: You have dual spec healing though
    Priest: So?
    Rogue:So you Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Waambulance

read the blues before posting crap.
    swapping specs will cost a reagent and requires people to help you, much like tables from mages or summonig stones from wls.
    noone will do that just to heal some random rogue in bg.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr
    I would say the same thing to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr
    swapping specs will cost a reagent and requires people to help you, much like tables from mages or summonig stones from wls.
    noone will do that just to heal some random rogue in bg.
    Feel special, i made an account just to say this to you. L2Read yourself imo... Have you heard anything about the ptr? dual spec changing only requires being out of combat right now and a 5second cast. ^_^

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by thejester220
    Feel special, i made an account just to say this to you. L2Read yourself imo... Have you heard anything about the ptr? dual spec changing only requires being out of combat right now and a 5second cast. ^_^
    It's also unavailable in Arenas and BGs.

And you always start out with 0 mana after you switch specs.

My Dual Spec:
    Primary - PVE Shadow Spec
    Secondary - PVP Shadow Spec... No healz for yoo

No but seriously... i hate even attempting to heal as shadow. I often respecc to disc for a few hours to heal in BGs because people actually thank you for keeping them alive in BG, whereas in PVE as healing if someone dies your the first one blamed. So free heals from me on Ruin EU battlegroup. Give me some free water and i'll be your private healer

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I tried once to "heal" as a shadow spec mainly coz i couldn't be stuffed wasting 100g on respecs each time i pvp'd and shadow was pretty much useless any way(in pvp). It cost a fortune in mana poping back and forth in SF. I just dont pvp anymore coz if i heal i go oom to fast and die kinda like shadow i dot and die =D. I have no prob with poping out to heal if some one is in trouble but I prefere not to. I used to do that on my boomkin cept it didnt cost as much to go back into fuzkin form.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea
    Shadow isn't a healing spec
    Thank you Captain Obvious !

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Majika
    lol. I sit and eat too.

It isn't worth dropping shadowform to heal myself. I still have to sit and drink to recover the mana.

Me too actually =) Or well, I've had so many WSG marks and bought healing and mana potions and it's a bit more efficient to grab one of those instead of dropping form.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Avermra
    It's true that when you spec shadow you lose your healing buttons.

On a more serious note, if you have a healing button and healing at specific situation is more useful, do it. Refusing to heal because you spec a non-healing spec is completely retarded.
    Well, even out of shadow form my healing buttons aren't on hot keys and I have to be a clicker, and not a very efficient one =)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Waambulance

Hehe well good thing we can't change in battlegrounds then. But even if that was possible I might have to go for shadow both pve and pvp so my specs will be of no use anyhow =) But I dot we, they get some of that health if they're lucky =)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy
    My Dual Spec:
    Primary - PVE Shadow Spec
    Secondary - PVP Shadow Spec... No healz for yoo

No but seriously... i hate even attempting to heal as shadow. I often respecc to disc for a few hours to heal in BGs because people actually thank you for keeping them alive in BG, whereas in PVE as healing if someone dies your the first one blamed. So free heals from me on Ruin EU battlegroup. Give me some free water and i'll be your private healer
    Hehe for free water one might consider it. Or well, I've always healed instances as shadow and heard lots of "healer suck". But when I was disc for a while and healed bgs I always got "love your heals". Maybe because most people don't expect heals in bgs (except for those who think they are all that and all healers or that somehow could be healers only have eyes for them). I sometimes get heals as shadow in bgs and that's very sweet. Teamed up with a holy pala the other day on a bg and it went very well, I killed and he healed =)

Good shadowpriests heal.

In conclusion, the rest of you suck.

EDIT:
    To elaborate.

Shadowpriests are hybrids. They've been blessed with the ability to heal and to do damage. Now what kind of moron would not heal him/herself when low on HP in a PvP situation because he/she thinks she's "not a healing spec". Lord knows I'd be overjoyed to have the ability to heal on my rogue or hunter with the click off a button.

And to all you scrubs who refuse to heal others in bgs in a pinch: You're slightly less of a burden for your team than keyturners and afkers are. Atleast they're good at what they're doing.

conclusion: any class who can heal, but dosent spec for it, cant heal

what about just removing the healing capability for those classes in BGs if they dont have atleast 20 points in a healing tree?

fixed, lets move on to next noob