Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

3.1 and promised soulshard overhaul??

Does anyone have any idea what happened to the soul shard changes that GC had said are coming in 3.1?

Can someone please make a topic in the US damagedealin forum about it? Its very likely he will get a blue answer cause i dont thing such a question exist yet and i cant undestand why. The reason i cant make it its cause i have a EU account and as we all know no blue ever post there.

Re: 3.1 and promised soulshard overhaul??

The current change so far is that shards can be collected WHILE channeling drain soul, not just when the mob dies. Hardly revolutionary, but it would help quite a bit. They may also increase the proc rate on the Glyph with this change.

Deleted

It was clealry stated before the patch that soulshard system will get an ovehaul. Hole paragraphs were written from GC sayin they are making this. I just cant get how everyone seems to have forgotten about it...
    If i find time ill might search for these blue posts from some time ago.

i agree on the huge posts about hte major overhaul coming but i don't think that 1 change stating that we can get shards now from draining soul and not just from the target dying is like some1 said "a major overhaul". I was thinking about like stacking shards, or something similar. that to me would be major... not just another way to overfill my bags with things.

Deleted

The thing that irritates me the most is that noone has asked about this in the US forums so we can get an answer to if its going to happen in this patch or not.

How is stacking shards any more of an "overhaul" than getting them while channeling? GC and Blues have been known to change thier minds or reach deadends when developing ideas. Im not saying Im right and thats all there is to it, im just saying that if it were the final solution I could live with it. Chances are they didn't have time to get the full system in effect, so they are giving us this small quality of life change to tide us over.

Making them stack diminishes the value of the bag, which Im assuming is something unique the Devs want to keep around seeing as how they made a new one. It would be nice if it had some kind of passive bonus though. Maybe tonight if I have time I will make a post on the PTR forum.

Oh, and Blizz never promises anything, and you can't put 100% stock in GC, he says so himself.

PTR Patch Notes:
    Soul Shard: This item now has a maximum count of 32 in inventory.
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....36495630&sid=1

Whether this is just a "Atleast they won't complain about their bags getting crowded by the new Drain Soul Mechanic" (Which it probably is) or a "Ok... You can stack 'em in fours, but we don't want you running around with 100 shards." I don't know, but it's something...

Guess it helps people without Necrosis and hurts people that stack A LOT of shards.

Quote Originally Posted by vestergardi
    Guess it helps people without Necrosis and hurts people that stack A LOT of shards.
    off:
    already had a shard deleting macro even befor i installed necrosis. uninstalled necrosis already meanwhile for being useless for me actually because i prefer macro's before addons.
    If u want to search a little bit its quite easly ;D

on:
    well i think that 3.1 ll be on the PTR for AT LEAST 6 weeks so that gives GC and the rest of the devs enough time to come out with the soulshard change. because the ptr patchnotes arent complete either.
    All men…are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory! That's why there is war, violence and unrest. Inequality is not evil. Equality is! - Emperor Charles zi Britannia

holy crap! id not seen the link to the blue about 32 max shards. i used to have over 80 on me for non trash progress fights. at least on fights like vashj and illidan ros etc you had a way of replenishing shards in fight. with this `new` content shard s have in no way been an issue but i would like a stackable shard especialy with the drain soul changes but i doubt thatll ever happen if limit is 32.
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

Deleted

one of the posts i could find reffering to soulshard changes. its not the most important one but you can get the picture of what i mean when sayin overhaul

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...geNo=1&sid=1#1

1) Get shards into a place that is more interesting and less of a hassle. We have two models we're considering. One is very cool, but a huge change to gameplay, which might mean it has to wait. The other is more of a quick fix that we'd do until we can implement the very cool model.

After the siphon life promise and the actual change, after the promise they were going to help us in pvp and then they destroy affliction, i'm expecting them to raise the shard costs to be twice what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by tmtb
    After the siphon life promise and the actual change, after the promise they were going to help us in pvp and then they destroy affliction, i'm expecting them to raise the shard costs to be twice what it is now.
    Something along the line of :

Drain soul only give shards when used on raid boss and gives 2 shards instead of 1 !!!

Deleted

I think the new drain soul is actually pretty good considering decimation in the demonology tree.

Blizzard Promised a lot in 3.1 instead we get more god damn nerfs... They promised better dot rotations and timings instead we lose SL and gain nothing to replace the damage. Damage accross the whole tree is less due to talent changes... Blizzard also promised a little more burst for afflic too and all i see is DPS nerfs... Demo is still not effective as it could be, bottom tier still lacks, still making it not viable to go passed FG... GG for failing on your promise yet again blizzard.

Haunt glyph adds +3% damage to all dots. So it is like haunt does not add +20% damage to immolate dot effect but + 3% damage to other dots.
    Shadowbolt got a 5% more damage buff which is permanent and not only when you do a crit . Also changes for talents to require less talent points means you can get new eradication +30% crit for shadowbolt as a corruption procc. Corruption also and unstable affliction are capable of critical hits which means they can get the +crit chance from mages scorch , moonkin aura while before was affected only by our critical chance.Which means a +15-20% crit chance for dots.Blizzard blue post said they will add a talent like ruin for dots so they do 100% more damage when they crit. Also life tap glyph gives us 20% of our spirit to spell damage when used which working with tier 7 bonus gives ~350 spell damage when we life tap. And the ptr just started ...

More patches will be added on ptr till it goes live, Blue posts talk about changes for more survivability and also the soul shard changes . Dont jump to conclusions and lets wait...

Latest Patch notes - not exactly what I was expecting for the Soul Shard 'overhaul'

Warlock (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Drain Soul: Each time Drain Soul deals damage to a target which can grant experience, it now has a chance to generate a Soul Shard.

There was no promised soul shard overhaul. They were looking into it. Nothing was guaranteed.

This isn't a broken promise so much as your faulty memory.

Yea Offhand we just got screwed even more with it. Now we have a max number of shards and unless they increase the ds damage for specs other than affli (the one that uses up the least shards often) then... This sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley
    Latest Patch notes - not exactly what I was expecting for the Soul Shard 'overhaul'

Warlock (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Drain Soul: Each time Drain Soul deals damage to a target which can grant experience, it now has a chance to generate a Soul Shard.
    How does anyone else not see how brilliant this change is? Trash mobs (which no-one cares about) are now an INFINTE source of shards. Instead of spamming AOE, just hit the bigger mob up with drain soul and go have a cup of coffee. If the proc rate is anything decent, when coupled with glyph of drain soul, you have NO reason to have a bag full of shards at the start of every boss fight

Honestly, i dont see the problem with soul shards, they've always been there, 32 slot bags aren't that expensive, and they are only used on a handful of spells. I thought the change to ritual of summoning (Which was probably the biggest consumer of soul shards in raids) would be enough, but this is just icing on the cake!

Its not THAT big a problem, just because retards QQ that they run out (HURR DURR!!!! THAT NUMBER ON MY BAG? WHAT DOES IT MEAN? WHY IS IT GOING DOWN? OMG.... OUT OF SHARDS!! HURR DURR!) doesn't mean blizzard need to 'overhaul' the system

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    There was no promised soul shard overhaul. They were looking into it. Nothing was guaranteed.

This isn't a broken promise so much as your faulty memory.
    Though i dont feed trolls regularly, there is your answer from GC posted today about soulshards.

This upcoming patch will be the largest one we've ever done with tons of new content and a lot of class changes. However, we still have to pick our battles. We can't get pursue every idea we have and still complete the patch in a reasonable amount of time, and I know I'm getting pretty impatient myself for Ulduar.

These are small steps. If we like the way they turn out, there will be larger steps in time to arrows and shards. I'd love to share our ideas, but they need to bake a little longer and we need to make sure we can actually deliver so players don't feel like we broke any promises.