Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why can't healers just be rewarded for once?

In raids we just stay back and heal, we usually miss out on the fun aspects of fights and the thrill of dpsing and ooh i got 20+ stacks on malygos etc. When looking for a heroic grp the biggest stress is either looking for a tank or healer since dps is so easy to aquire so clearly healing and tanking isn't as attractive as dpsing so why keep punishing healers?

We get high end gear and it makes us feel invincible since our mana pool and regen is high so with all these nerfs i can fight through it but imagine for new restos in heroics and entry raids who aren't "being carried" by their guild, mana regen is gonna be a bitch for them to not go oom.

Some are gonna flame and say Ohh i was in greens and still healed blah blah blah most likely you had a good tank or decent dps and my guild can easily carry 5+ members naked in our Naxx raids but if those guys pugged then good luck...

Final Note(Sorry for rant) when has chain heal ever been nerfed? Lb has been nerfed twice, regrowth lost its shine and nourish is being forced down our throats while Coh which was OP when it was spammable will get increased in 3.1.... seriously what the Fuck Blizzard.

Flame away i dont give a shit, if your gonna blindly defend blizzard and kiss their asses the door is that way --->

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Why can't healers just be rewarded for once?

If you dont like being a healer, dont be a healer. Scrub.

Knowing Blizzard it'll go through, GC has made it clear LB is too OP in PVE, most restos would agree with me that double mana cost and eliminating multiple Lb rolling on MT/OT is kinda steep while other healers aren't getting their core abilities twisted inside out.

I just got my druid copied over to PTR i hope i can test the LB change, tested the nourish changes a bit but still need more math done on that but LB math has prio now for me.

greenmasheen

good god, try playing back in classic wow when rejuv was the only instant cast HoT spell.

chain heal goes through 3 targets and CoH only heals for around 2-3k tops... quit crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen
    If you dont like being a healer, dont be a healer. Scrub.
    I love being a healer been healing for over 3 years, I just dont like getting jerked around back and forth, Blizz just make up your mind what your gonna do to us or how you want us to heal properly.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasheen
    good god, try playing back in classic wow when rejuv was the only instant cast HoT spell.

chain heal goes through 3 targets and CoH only heals for around 2-3k tops... quit crying.
    I remember HT R4 and Rejuv was our bread and butter but pve being screwed over cus of bullshit "esport" arena etc sucks.

GC quoted that healing shouldn't be dominated by a single class and that it should be a 5 way tie so just go ahead and make us all the same already.

You mean rewarded with like say..a legendary weapon available to only healing classes? That kind of reward? Or are you simply looking to keep healing the way it is and spam heals till your fingers rot off and still be at half mana?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Time to make warlock, hunter, mage, rogue alt. I played dps since vanilla wow and all u ever need to do is always max dps. DPS this and then that... Healing is much more intresting. Got my holy pala lvlv80 like month ago :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chronosaga
    Knowing Blizzard it'll go through, GC has made it clear LB is too OP in PVE, most restos would agree with me that double mana cost and eliminating multiple Lb rolling on MT/OT is kinda steep while other healers aren't getting their core abilities twisted inside out.

I just got my druid copied over to PTR i hope i can test the LB change, tested the nourish changes a bit but still need more math done on that but LB math has prio now for me.
    LB was op in pve in bc, but now? my lifebloom ticking in Bt with 2200ish +heals was 1000, after a few rank ups, spellpower to 2400, 10 levels, it's ticking for 1250, would someone be kind enough to explain to me how lb is op now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk
    Reroll.
    sigh... you jerk.. thats the whole problem
    I have healed a lot on my paladin, but at the end i was like.. mehh spamming 2 buttons (or occasional a few more with trinkets) isnt my way of having fun....

and a lot of people think that way..

thats why people always have trouble getting a healer for a group.. thats the whole problem , healers reroll.. so if a healer (in this case the OP) makes a rant, dont give stupid comments, but think about what he actually said (even though its all stilll subject to change)...

imho, they should make the whole healing a lot different, more proactive, changing the role from just standing back..

small example.. in warhammer online (flames start here ^^) you regenerate "mana" by hitting your opponent...and since u run out pretty fast of that "mana", you need to actually active attack bosses or enemies!

sjeez hmm wow is 4, 5 years old, and still havent come up with ANY single other idea to make healing interesting... oh well guess Americans arent that flexible (kinda obvious as 33% is too fat anyway ;D ;D)
    thread: Smoke Grenade? I mean srsly?
    I'd also like a flashbang and then it would be just like Counter Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by k0102
    small example.. in warhammer online (flames start here ^^) you regenerate "mana" by hitting your opponent...and since u run out pretty fast of that "mana", you need to actually active attack bosses or enemies!

sjeez hmm wow is 4, 5 years old, and still havent come up with ANY single other idea to make healing interesting... oh well guess Americans arent that flexible (kinda obvious as 33% is too fat anyway ;D ;D)
    warhammer was made by americans.

grats on being racist though

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk
    Reroll.
    OP, if you aren't having fun or think this is ridiculous, just reroll or quit. Job done.

Healing via dmgdealing would be pretty simple solution..

Quote Originally Posted by Depress
    Healing via dmgdealing would be pretty simple solution..
    Which would be quite an OP class i'd say (although i think the next hero class will be designed in this direction).
    I like healing, but it wasn't really challenging after being half-epic. Thus i don't think this LB nerf is the correct way to improve it.
    Like for other classes (hunters eg.) Blizz is balancing classes for PvP in cost of PvE....no good trade. :/
    Gilneas EU - Germany, so I don't have to be perfect in English ;D

greenmasheen

I have healed a lot on my paladin, but at the end i was like.. mehh spamming 2 buttons (or occasional a few more with trinkets) isnt my way of having fun....

thats why people always have trouble getting a healer for a group.. thats the whole problem , healers reroll.. so if a healer (in this case the OP) makes a rant, dont give stupid comments, but think about what he actually said (even though its all stilll subject to change)...

imho, they should make the whole healing a lot different, more proactive, changing the role from just standing back..

yep good job pulling that statistic out of your ass kid. warhammer blew ass, myself and many other people agree with me.

Wow already has that mechanic...as a pally i get about 1200 mana back when i swing at a mob. I cant use it when im spamming nonstop but on most bosses is a good way to get mana. Oh and btw if you had as much to eat as we you would be fat too.

not sure if u ment warhammer or the fat kiddies in america..

anyway, if its warhamer.. yes that game blows hard.. hence the fact that i am posting here in WoW forums again and playing the game again..

But , that doesnt mean that there were a few good elements in that game nevertheless.. oh and im 24 thank you very much ;D

Oh and btw if you had as much to eat as we you would be fat too.
    that is very true sir! it is actually becomming a problem in Europe as well.. The big industries are increasing all sizes in wich the food-cans / beverages etc come, therefore they can raise the price, thus making more money, and we (the costumers) being forced into drinking/eating more .. and getting used to it..

annoys the hell out of me that people cant just be a bit self-concient, thinking.. hmm this is too much for 1 portion, i wont buy it.. here in the Netherlands, i believe 1 out of every 9 kids is too fat.. and i think its gunna be even more!!!

wait.. what was this topic about again?
    thread: Smoke Grenade? I mean srsly?
    I'd also like a flashbang and then it would be just like Counter Strike.

I play a resto druid and healers are just fine. If you don't want to play a healer, don't and stop whining.

the change to lifebloom is just gonna be a change to the strategy of healing.

1 x LB pop = around 4-5k

3x LB pop = 12-15k instant heal + 900 mana return.

this change is gonna force us to keep 3x LB on our tanks, and allow us to let it pop if he needs a good heal or need some quick mana.

that, along with the change to revitalize, should allow us to control our mana in a more interesting way.

i just wish innervate wasn't getting such a huge nerf due to the spirit change.

Quote Originally Posted by bals
    warhammer was made by americans.

grats on being racist though
    phear teh american uber race

sigh why do some people consider insults to countries to be racism, are they just stupid or ?

on topic, what biznick said and i do believe healers are getting a pretty orange pat on the back.