Holy Spec Paladins.... Professions??

Hey I'm leveling a Pally with a view to being holy spec...

I was just wondering what professions would benefit me the most?

Im currently Mining and JC but I was just wondering if Engineering would be better for the googles etc

Thanks 8)
    Is it because I is Horde??

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Holy Spec Paladins.... Professions??

engineering googles arent worth much anymore
    i think jc / bs is the best for : add socket to bracer and glove and make your own gems

I would think Alchemy/Herb might be beneficial considering they plan on nerfing mana regen for all and the alchemist stone would be nice to have to get the biggest bang for your buck out of potions.

JC/mining is also good for the BOP gems and trinket

the alchemist stone may give you a larger return on mana pots, but i'd suggest jewelcrafting for the BoP gems and trinket. it's what i do. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42413 <-- this is a great trinket, and the On Use ability gives you back more mana over time than the alchemist stone will give you bonus mana back on potions, and it can be used multiple times per fights that last longer than 5 or 6 minutes. i gem it with pure intellect and i still use it at 80 and will not replace it until they release an epic version, or until i find something else that's crazy good in later dungeons. even with the nerf to Divine Plea, intellect is still the best stat for a holy paladin. also, because MP5 is almost worthless for us now and there's no plan to fix it, blue sockets are an eyesore because there aren't many great gems to match them, so a JC can match those sockets with a prismatic BoP gem to get the socket bonus if it's good. again, this is what i do.

the obvious partner to JC is Mining to support it, but if you have a miner to farm ore with, i'd suggest picking up a second crafting profession. since i'm a JC/Miner i can't really speak for the other professions, but there's my two cents.

Keep in mind that Alchemy gives you extra stats when you use potions and flasks that you know with Mixology, that can provide the stats that JC or Blacksmithing could. I dont know the exact nymbers though.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I'm gonna have to side with BigBlueox, I would go JC/Mining not only for the reason of the trinket and BOP gems, but there is also some money to made. (Discussion that continues onward in the Profession forums)