Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I'd kill for an instant heal

Seriously.
    I can't even count how many times my Rogue has been at like 300 health with a DoT on him, we're both LoS the other team, he has weakened soul, and I have time to use an instant before he dies. However, none of my spells can save him.

You have no idea what I'd do for Swiftmend, Nature's Swiftness, Riptide, or Holy Shock.

Re: I'd kill for an instant heal

3.1 Empowered Renew? =P

i reckon power word shield is somewhat alike to a instant heal

Deleted

Fail post.
    If you're a healer priest in PvP anyway, you should have Penance or Holy Nova Heck, if you're deep holy you've got Guardian Spirit too, whats the fuss?! All of the above are very powerfull spells for a PvP healer Priest, and I tend to use especially Holy Nova alot, for both damage and healing.

"But my mate is too far away for Holy Nova" Thats his problem. If he's in issues and needs a heal, he should be with you, LoS.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    Seriously.
    I can't even count how many times my Rogue has been at like 300 health with a DoT on him, we're both LoS the other team, he has weakened soul, and I have time to use an instant before he dies. However, none of my spells can save him.

You have no idea what I'd do for Swiftmend, Nature's Swiftness, Riptide, or Holy Shock.
    Penance....CoH....Holy Nova.....

Desperate prayer?

The best advice is not to let your rogue to drop that much )
    Try to win or lose the match during the hole list of your and your partners CD.
    Priests does has a luck of defense arsenal and it is hard to keep a hard pressed rogue that already burned his CD.
    But priest has a plenty of offense abilities and wonderful CC that's why we are hated so much ;D.

If we would get even more instant healing abilities we will become insanely OP and as a result - blizz will nerf us to the ground >

P.S. DP is selfcast :

Also Power Word: Shield
    it will absorb around 4500-5000 damage and will mostly give you the time needed to cast some flash heals or a greater heal, with glyph, it adds an additional heal of 800-1300 to the target -> so it "heals" something around 6000

as said before, you have:
    - renew
    - prayer of mending
    - holy nova
    - circle of healing (holy spec only)
    - penance (disc spec only)
    - guardian spirit (holy spec only) - btw. the most powerful cast, because it prevents from death and heals the target to 50% (what means up to 25.000 on a raid buffed tank)

and ofc:
    flash heal, if surge of light proccs

What else do you want?
    No other class have so much different possibilities to heal, as priests. No other class have so much instant heals - not the paladin (only holy shock and lay on hands - with huge cd), nor the shaman or druid.

Learn to be viable and acting creative!

You are a Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by holybynature
    Also Power Word: Shield
    it will absorb around 4500-5000 damage and will mostly give you the time needed to cast some flash heals or a greater heal, with glyph, it adds an additional heal of 800-1300 to the target -> so it "heals" something around 6000
    He said that the hypothetical rogue has 'weakened soul' already. :P

Heh happened to me before,got spell lock silenced with my rogue at 2k hp and full row of dots.My penance could only get its first tick off before he died.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii129/Fierypowah/GSfail.jpg

GS has ruined the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierypower
    Heh happened to me before,got spell lock silenced with my rogue at 2k hp and full row of dots.My penance could only get its first tick off before he died.
    sounds like a bad case of pvp happened

PoM, Renew, Penance, Holy Nova (with the glyph is pretty powerful, can't wait for lower mana cost). Can you bandage in arena? I haven't stepped in one in ages, but even a tick or 2 of that could be enough. Also, Empowered renew will be really helpful in those situations, just another tool on the tool belt.

Priests are all about versatility. Heck, with borrowed time and PI flash heal can get damn near instant lol!

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Alternatively, people who don't know about PvP can just not post in PvP threads? Or even Priest threads, since some people here either don't play a Priest or have no idea about the abilities they have?

A lot of times against similar teams, we need to end the match ASAP because my mana pool can't hold out (i.e. mirror matches, their Rogue opens on my Rogue and I'm losing in mana because I had to heal my Rogue while the other Priest was getting free burns on me). Therefore at critical times when their Rogue is at, let's say, 2k health, I need to throw in a Holy Fire or Shadow Word: Death to finish it before the other Priest can get a heal to it, since it's an automatic loss if the Rogue doesn't die then.

ProM requires the person to be hit. If the hit kills them, ProM does nothing, it doesn't save them.

Renew takes 3 seconds to tick, instant cast, not an instant heal.

You should never be close enough to Holy Nova your partner, especially against melee classes, you just open yourself up to being locked out on a cast. And believe me, if it turns into a Rogue off, once Evasion is used and it's your Rogue's turn to sit in a stunlock, have no choice but to spam Flash Heal and Penance as hard as you can.

Empowered Renew is deep Holy, no PvP Priest will have it.

Penance has travel time and the first tick is about 1/5th of a second after you begin channeling (you can interrupt it before it gets a tick off).

Guardian Spirit is deep Holy, no PvP Priest will have it.

Circle of Healing is deep Holy, no PvP Priest will have it.

Surge of Light is deep Holy, no PvP Priest will have it.

Desperate Prayer is self-only.

15+ Year Old Account

Penance is NOT selfcast... YET.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Perhaps you should have healed him before he was on 200 health then. You are complaining because while you are silenced and he an a full set of DoTs on him and you are out of range to use your instant heal (holy nova) and then when the silence ended he was on lets say 1% health and you were not able to heal him instantly.

Looks like the other team outskilled you.

And to the person above me, did anyone mention Penance healing yourself? He was talking about healing another person, his rogue arena partner.

Oh, and I forgot about the Dispel Magic glyph. With that you could have instantly healed him as well as removing two of the DoTs on him.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Alternatively, people who don't know about PvP can just not post in PvP threads? Or even Priest threads, since some people here either don't play a Priest or have no idea about the abilities they have?
    I agree with you here...

You should never be close enough to Holy Nova your partner, especially against melee classes, you just open yourself up to being locked out on a cast. And believe me, if it turns into a Rogue off, once Evasion is used and it's your Rogue's turn to sit in a stunlock, have no choice but to spam Flash Heal and Penance as hard as you can.
    In general, this is right. But - it is not the case for your hypothetical example in your OP, since there you stated that both you and your mate out-LoSed your opponents, giving you exactly the opportunity to [Holy-Nova => PoM], [Holy Nova => PW:S] or [Holy Nova => Renew => Penance/FH/GH] - method of choice depending on the state of your cooldowns.

Plus - in most of your last examples you are referring to mirror matches - the DoT-potential of these is quite limited compared to what real DoT-opponents can pull off.

In the end one thing remains: IF your hypothetical example happens, there's a reason for your rogue being at 300 HP. Either your opponents outplayed you, were lucky or are just a very hard comp for you to beat - or you slacked.

Case 1: Play better or pray for more comfortable opponents or more luck with rng.
    Case 2: Play better

In the case of mirror matches, there's very little to no skill involved.

If my Rogue opens on their Rogue, we automatically win or my Rogue and their Rogue die at the same time. Their healer is forced to go into healing it's Rogue full time, while I'm getting free Mana Burns on it. If the match drags on, both of us are forced to spam heals. If the other Priest is good, it will know that it can't let the match go on any longer, and it will risk it's Rogue's life to get a kill on my Rogue. At which point it's Rogue will also die, either to me or my Rogue's bleeds and poisons during the time it's Priest stopped healing it to finish my Rogue.

If their Rogue opens on my Rogue, we automatically lose or their Rogue and my Rogue die at the same time. I'm forced to go into healing my Rogue full time, while the other Priest is getting free Mana Burns on me. If the match drags on, both of us are forced to spam heals. Once the match reaches a certain point, if neither Rogue is dead, I'm forced to go offensive and try to finish off their Rogue because I'm clearly losing in mana. At which point I'll probably either let my Rogue die or get extremely low before I have time to heal my Rogue back up.

Pretty much every mirror match over 2k goes like this, with no exceptions. As soon as my Rogue is topped off, I throw it a shield, start charging up a Holy Fire, and hope my Rogue survives the 3 seconds I'm on the GCD from dealing damage.

Alternatively, on very rare occasions, we still win even if my Rogue gets opened on; but 95% of the time, that's because my Rogue has all best in slot PvE gear and just plain outpowers the other Rogue. The other 5% is RNG.

You guys don't seem to get it, its clearly a joke. See its a priest, the class with the most and the best instantheals whining about wanting more of them ^^, really funny actually.

Its like a druid whining about not having any instantheals when swiftmend and NS are on cooldown, because the hots don't have instant effect, Brilliant!

It's not quite the same Funak. PW:S isn't saved for emergencies in the same way as Swiftmend is. Most of the other instant heals (I'm talking discipline here) don't heal instantly at all or are tiny and conditional).

I don't think that priests are bad off (Penance beats Riptide for this sort of thing), but druids are the kings when it comes to having spells that just seem like they were designed purely with PvP in mind.

I think what the OP was asking for was an instant BIG heal, like Nature swiftness Healing Wave. Priests have many instants but they heal low amounts. CoH is about 2k, ProM usually about 4.5k, PW:S has long cooldown and gets purged, desperate prayer is self only and Holy Nova has little range and heals for about 2-3k and after you've waited for the global cooldown the player has died. Guardian spirit is very weird, I have about 18k hp and if I use it when I die it seems like it didn't proc but in combat log it says GS heals you 5k or something silly because I nearly always have a mortal strike effect on me and GS is effected by MS and then the players killing me do so much burst damage that 50% of my health is about 2 seconds of DPS for them.. If you gave said Priest an instant heal greater heal and it would crit it maybe heals said Rogue for 13k'ish, a few enemy auto attacks landed the same second and said Rogue comes out with 2k HP left and then dies anyway but at least he lasted a second longer.
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth