Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shattering Throw - Warrior = Anti-Bubble?

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun
    So you're competing in the 2k bracket and complaining that you have an anti-paladin button now? Why should we feel sorry for you exactly?
    I'm all for this little nugget of pvpness we've been handed, IF its not Blizzard's solution for arena balence vs absorbs. Now I'm going to be again soprely disapointed if battle stance doesn't get a little mobility love...such as intercept and pummel.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

< Ret pally

I see no issue here. Bubble shouldn't be a problem for most of you now anyway...especially bubble+wings (which I never used even when it was available). If you can't kill a pally now, the problem isn't the pally...it's you.

1. 1v1 arguments are fail.
    2. Pallies are only a minor nuisance in BGs now...not freaks of nature.
    3. Pally representation in top tier arena is so low, trying to form an argument around that just makes you look silly.
    4. (PvE) Pallies are the lowest dps hybrid atm...and even lower on the 3.1 PTR.

Grats on the bubble breaker, but honestly, it makes no difference to me either way. Likely just something to make Wars feel better about themselves, which is apparently needed atm.

/face_of_indifference
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by arbuzno
    Sigh..ever heard of blessing of freedom? The one that is undispellable with this shitty resistances. Or do you think in arenas partners of warrior do nothing but stand there and heal him, not trying to actually help him get in melee to the mage? A warrior in arena , unlike 1v1, has decent uptime of his attacks on mage, granted not much, but he can pull off 2-3 hits, which is enough to bring mage to low hp. Then just throw at him with 4k nuke, game over. Clearly mages need that kind of vulnerability seeing their representation is so high in arena nowadays, oh wait...
    you mean the one that you still have a 70% chance of stealing and using against the warrior? oh and of course, every warrior has a paladin. it's in their talent tree right beside a skill called "lol owned by rogues 1on1"....

and for the mentally retarded among us:
    the BAD thing about this spell is that it is not what we NEED and since we will likely be stuck with it, there won't be any other changes that we actually DO need. It makes us more "dangerous" while not making us any harder to disable or kill. I mean COME ON! It has cast time! do I look like a mage?

This user has been banned.

sorry but I HAVE to say rofl at the comment of the guy who was whining about warrior's state vs. warlocks pre3.0, that's a retarded statement, at best.
    Warriors were fine through TBC and are fine now, arms needs love yeah sure, but fury is hardly terrible, it's only problem is furious attacks uptime.
    & if you bring specs into it... well, how well has destro EVER been?
    Even so, if this actually does break bubble, I somehow doubt it'll make much of a difference, paladins will just start using divine protection vs. warriors instead.

Imagine your teammate is in cheap shot/kidney. imagine you are FNed, then sheeped, trinket and get blinded. the blind wears off and your shaman mate is dead. GG.

my "new move" is like giving mages "mortal frostbolt". 5 minutes cooldown. no other buffs. 10% dps nerf to go with it. yummy?

Rhonen i think it will come as a surprise to you if i say that paladin representation is 30% + in any given bracket. Yes they are holy, not retri.
    I was speaking strictly of Ret representation. So yes, we're on the same page. Holy is still crazy with its synergy with DKs...that's an understood fact.

My response was to the complaints of Rets dps'ing while in bubble that were posted on the first page (should've quoted for clarity). Seriously, it's not an issue anymore, and if someone is complaining about it at this point, it's time to /quitwow.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

You are not getting new buffs? Like generating rage through shields is not a buff anymore? I heard so many warriors whine about that point, with this sole buff things will change dramatically.

Berserker Stance now increase all damage taken by 5% (Down from 10%)
    Intimidating Shout cooldown has been lowered from 3 min to 2 min.

Clearly not a buff.

And yeah as shaman /warrior clearly theres little you can do against rogue/mage (not that youll meet this setup more often then once in 20 games). Its a whole different story against paladin/warrior.

As i said, i have nothing against warriors, they do deserve buffs, but NOT IN THE PRICE OF NERFING MAGES.
    you got me there. those are quite decent buffs against some classes. but they hardly outweigh the 10% fury nerf imo.

on another note: we get mage/rogue quite often actually. and it always ends up really frustrating.

oh and once again: shattering throw is still a terribad idea for a warrior pvp buff.

Looking at a couple posts from GC

SHattering throw is usable only in battle stance

Shattering throw will reduce armor by 20% OR remove invulnerabilities...not both.

Seeing as it costs 25 rage...its almost worthless. Means you pretty much have to be in bs when the paladin or mage bubbles/blocks. Or have 3/3 TM and have 25 rage built up in order to switch and use it. Also pretty much means that it has a 2.5 sec cast time as it'll take 1 sec GCD from the stance change as well.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

even more fail. now def tanks have to pull bosses in battle stance again.

So it sounds like this is just some harebrained PvE mechanic more than anything.

What? What happened to just pulling a boss with a ranged weapon or taunt...

although the -20% ac does stack with sunders.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrant
    So it sounds like this is just some harebrained PvE mechanic more than anything.

What? What happened to just pulling a boss with a ranged weapon or taunt...
    yea... and tanking with autoattacks and shield slam only... when you are given a tool that is useful but really sucky to use, you still use it.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    how are you going to get 25 rage to use it to pull in the first place.

Or even Heroic Throw, this is rediculous. Im tired of hearing all the TG Warriors out there complaining that Arms is gettin a buff, we need it. TG is way to faceroll right now, your getting a nerf. We are getting a buff (abit not what we really wanted 10% armor pen lawl) deal with it.

And who said you had to pull bosses in battle stance when you still have Heroic Throw that you can use in any stance. Heroic Throw + Charge and you have more than enough threat to start off with unless you fail at rotations.

Shattering Throw can be used with PvP and PvE both in mind. From a PvP stand point as it has been stated, its a bubble breaker, sweet.. now again more to make classes focus on us even more than they did because we had Bladestorm. From a PvE standpoint, Battle Stance + Throwing this = 30% armor pen for 10 seconds + any armor pen that you have on your armor and if you are using the loltastic Grim Toll then thats even more. Its more or less kinda like Death Wish but does more damage in 10 seconds. Battle Stance + Shattering Throw + Sunder Armor + Armor pen from gear might become a bigger increase than alot of people think. Would be a nice change..

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Looking at a couple posts from GC

SHattering throw is usable only in battle stance

Shattering throw will reduce armor by 20% OR remove invulnerabilities...not both.

Seeing as it costs 25 rage...its almost worthless. Means you pretty much have to be in bs when the paladin or mage bubbles/blocks. Or have 3/3 TM and have 25 rage built up in order to switch and use it. Also pretty much means that it has a 2.5 sec cast time as it'll take 1 sec GCD from the stance change as well.
    Link me to theses posts where he says only battle stance. Please

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho
    Link me to theses posts where he says only battle stance. Please
    Yeah I want this source too.
    If it is it's completely a confirmation of my bad feeling in another thread 2 days ago.

Weapon mastery used to be in the arms tree for a reason...
    qft
    fury has 2 wpns, they can put chain on oh
    arms is using 1 wpn so we should be at least able to enchant it with berserking or massacre or w/e and not wpn chain :/
    give wpn mastery back to arms
    on topic tough.
    Bubble popper ftw ^^ blizz does ti to bring warrs back into the picture, especialyl when pallys are dominating arena and warr is like the least represented clas ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

o( >_>)=o ----------------- ======()> ( t( O.Ot) )

The END of your days is over pally. Your Tyranical Rain of bubble hell is OVER!!!!

inb4 warriors get their hopes up but this doesn't go live.

I guess using this combined with sunder armor and faerie fire during Heroism/BL will increase raid dps nicely, shame it's battle stance only tho ;<

In PvP i cant wait for those pesky mages iceblocking at 1-20% to get Shattering Throw - Heroic throw nuked xD gonna be rollin' on the floor laughin'