Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Hidden Boss(es) in Ahn'kahet??

Quote Originally Posted by Kexmeister
    Since their king is dead, wouldn't the chances of a new nerubian instance/raid be slim?
    True, Anub'arak's down, so who would then be the last boss in that instance? Blizzard made a big mistake putting Anub as last boss tbh. But I guess the Lich King can just ress him..

Just walk around Old Kingdom sometime after you've cleared it and look all around. There is plenty of places where a raid or another instance can happen. The place is enormous. I hope they do more with it, they really need to. The design there is beautiful.

After some quite intensive research , supported by tests , and graphical plotting.
    I finally figured out what those two NPC's are , and to my surprise it actually makes sense !

They are cookie vendors .. One for horde and one for allies :

There been some rumours / talk about more of the underground zone in 3.2.

It makes sense, but we'll see. Ulduar been a enormous patch, largest they ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    I don't think we're done with Nerubians. One thing blizz likes, is bugs.
    like that ^^

Anub'Arak was already dead, long before "killing" him in Azjol'Nerub. He was a former King of the Nerubians during the war, but after his death and mummification, he was raised by Ner'zhul. That's why he has wraps hanging from him as well as being tagged as undead. The Nerubians now call him the Traitor King because of his new alliances.

That being said, it's possible that the proposed dungeon/raid/zone will consist of the living Nerubians, like the ones that give quests at the Summoning Stone outside Azjol'Nerub.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirron
    However in 3.1 with instance maps introduced there is a skull near the place where OP made his screenshot (not the direction of the camera) and this might and possible does indicate that there will be another boss added to the instance.
    Since nobody seems to have posted it yet I'll do it:
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../AhnKahet0.jpg

That's the map in question, obviously only covering the first part of the instance up to the platform of the current second boss where you'd normally go on through that tunnel. The second part can be found here.

The green boss area surrounding the northernmost skull is definately not reachable right now and may very well be a new boss being added in a future patch (possibly even post 3.1?).

Some people argue that this boss is Amanitar but I doubt that since he should be on the second map and on the opposite site, about where the MMO-C watermark is. Yet, the question remains why he is not on the map (or is he just covered?) but that might be due to him only appearing on heroic...
    Others think that the new boss is a seasonal one like Ahune the Frost Lord (The Ice Stone has melted...) but I don't think Blizz would put one of these on a dungeon map.
    "Rend (Rank 1) and Rend (Rank 2) had their damage slightly increased."

Here is what the map looks like on the Live PTR. The boss marker is not there.

Also switched it from normal to heroic and back just in case and there was no difference.

Blizzard has already stated that this isn't the last we've seen of Anub'arak. Lots of people were mad about him being so small so one of the devs let that little tidbit of info out.

15+ Year Old Account

Sorry to say but no dev. has ever stated that unless you can provide proof....

Although I do believe Anub will be back in some form..

Quote Originally Posted by Punks
    Sorry to say but no dev. has ever stated that unless you can provide proof....

Although I do believe Anub will be back in some form..
    According to WoWWiki, at this Link Bornakk says "we’d definitely like to involve Anub’Arak as a primary character outside of raiding." Unfortunately, the link does not work anymore although I remember him saying it as well. Interesting thing though, he does say "raiding" when he is in fact inside an instance although that might've just been a typo.

15+ Year Old Account

Hmm...well sounds very interesting...

Well Kael went from Raid to Instance so maybe Anub will do the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks
    Hmm...well sounds very interesting...

Well Kael went from Raid to Instance so maybe Anub will do the reverse.
    Personally, I do not think we killed him at the end. When he "dies" he says "Ahhh... RAAAAAGH! Never thought... I would be free of him..." Him being the Lich King. So, perhaps, we just freed him from the Lich King's control. Or perhaps we killed him. Who knows.

Deleted

Perosnally (no evidence to this, just my personal opinion), I think that there will be a Nerubian raid instance there.

Much like MC, I think the entrance to the raid will be INSIDE Ahn'Kahet.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

Azjol'Nerub was merely a set back !

Quote Originally Posted by Pwntage
    Perosnally (no evidence to this, just my personal opinion), I think that there will be a Nerubian raid instance there.

Much like MC, I think the entrance to the raid will be INSIDE Ahn'Kahet.
    Would definitely make sense to me. Maybe an entrance to the "Upper Kingdom" or "Lower Kingdom" of Azjol-Nerub. Since, I think, Old Kingdom was the entrance to both of those. I think. Either that or Lower Kingdom is Old Kingdom. I can't remember, honestly.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

would sure beat grim batol and trolls as far as 3.2 raid instance goes. Well maybe wouldnt beat trolls... but thats just personal preference. There really has been nothing to tie into arthas or how we get into icecrown, some sort of Nerubian back door would fit nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter
    would sure beat grim batol and trolls as far as 3.2 raid instance goes. Well maybe wouldnt beat trolls... but thats just personal preference. There really has been nothing to tie into arthas or how we get into icecrown, some sort of Nerubian back door would fit nicely.
    A nerubian back door was how they (Arthas and Anub’Arak) got to Icecrown before Illidan (The YOU ARE NOT PREPARED guy) killed (destroyed?) Ner'zhul (the guy who destroyed Draenor by opening a shit ton of portals and making it Outlands) in Icecrown. Yay ()s!

If my memory serves me well, what we see as Azjol-Nerub: Azjol-Nerub is the Upper Kingdom (or parts of it, of course). The "Old Kingdom" is either the Lower Kingdom, or a mid-section.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Heliades
    According to WoWWiki, at this Link Bornakk says "we’d definitely like to involve Anub’Arak as a primary character outside of raiding." Unfortunately, the link does not work anymore although I remember him saying it as well. Interesting thing though, he does say "raiding" when he is in fact inside an instance although that might've just been a typo.
    Googling "1778034249 bornakk" yields: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/16/1778...ryptlords.html

=)