Thread: Threat Machine

Threat Machine

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9658

There's nothing feels better than to see 3 (4 with the new glyph) crit blows in your screen.

Re: Threat Machine

its blank....

Edit: its fixed

Crusade>sanctified; it might also be worth grabbing reckoning for enchant procs but we'll have to see how that goes - it's not like you'd lose anything from lower prot tbh. If you want max TPS you could also drop some from TbtL for 2/3 sanctified seals, touched isn't a bad talent but doesn't increase our overall TPS by that much I think, as it's consec's comic coeff, SoV and JoV.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco cracona
    Crusade>sanctified
    I hope your aren't saying that as a prot paly since that increases the damage you do by 3% to Humaniods, Demons, Undead, and Elementals and TAKEN. Your healers probably won't agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco cracona
    If you want max TPS you could also drop some from TbtL for 2/3 sanctified seals, touched isn't a bad talent but doesn't increase our overall TPS by that much I think, as it's consec's comic coeff, SoV and JoV.
    Really why take the major prot paly scaling talent. Its not like we use anything other than ShoR and HotR.

Edit: Abbreviation Edit

If your trying to max threat, anything over 51 pts in prot is a bad idea...ardent defender sucks drop that, and get yourself to crusade...this is pretty much the build i run with now...51 pts in ret to get hammer the rest in ret to get threat

Quote Originally Posted by Fuegan
    I hope your aren't saying that as a prot paly since that increases the damage you do by 3% to Humaniods, Demons, Undead, and Elementals and TAKEN. Your healers probably won't agree with you.

Really why take the major prot paly scaling talent. Its not like we use anything other than ShoR and HotR.

Edit: Abbreviation Edit
    As i read the crusade tooltip, you increase dmg done against any type of creature in the game by 3%, and dmg caused against Humaniods, Demons, Undead, and Elementals by an additional 3%

So you do 6% increased dmg against Humaniods, Demons, Undead, and Elementals.
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

I am going to spec like this http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9658 which is pretty much the same spec I run currently...I would never take ardent defender, and as I am usually the OT I dont take Just, since the warrior can deal with that

why bother with heart of the crusader as prot? chances are there is a ret pally running around 95% of the time.. atleast, theres been a minimum of one in any raid i have ever done

I take it just in the case of 2 tank fights in case the ret isnt on me...but basically i need it to get to the next level, and i rarely have mana issues so reduced mana isnt much of a gain.

As for Chronalis...why take Divine Sacrifice? that talent looks like crap to me, id prefer divinity or guardians favor...my dps on trash is constantly AOEing too early so having reduced BoP cooldown never hurts

i dont have mana issues when tanking a boss in 25 man, but alot of times in 10 man trash or 5 man heroics im running low... so i grab it for those

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

The build I will probably be taking is http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...1&version=9658

The only thing I might possibly change would be if JotJ is needed in Ulduar. I seriously doubt it though.

you guys do know JotJ also reduces the CD on HoJ which is a viable interrupt now. with that and the Imp HoJ we have a 20sec stun for trash and interrupt for boss encounters.

this would be my build:

If Shield of the Templar didn't have 3% reduced damage i wouldn't take it as it's a waste of points but damage reduction is huge. i hope they add that silence effect to ShoR like they said they would and make the talent useful for that deep in a tree.

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I agree that it's nice to have a viable interrupt as a tank, but as a raider who pretty much exclusively does 25 man content, I'll leave the interrupts to rogues, dk's, dps warriors, and shamans. There's absolutely no reason for a tank to have to worry about interrupts when there's so many dps classes that can do it. With that being said, I would definitely take it if I thought there was a reason to and it were absolutely needed for me to be in on the interrupt rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    This, but slightly changed. This would be my personal choice. Crusade provides more threat. PoJ helps out, I'm willing to drop the 2% crit from Conviction. Divinity > Lower interrupt (like Lumenos said, let the others do it, at least for me) and I'm still not sold (at all) on Divine Sacrifice. Glyphs will be Divine Plea, Seal of Vengeance (10 expertise still seems OP), and Hand of Salvation; I'm going to be testing that out a little bit in the next patch. Keeping an eye on the high-end dps in my raid, they seem to still be at least 30% behind me, and I can always ask for misdirects and other salvs to go out. If nothing else, the tank's survival > dps' extra push.

This build seems to push the most threat without giving up too much survivability. We'll see what happens soon enough though.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

I also do some PVP so i like the lower Stun. otherwise i would agree with Lumenos as well.

i picked divine sacrifice as i can see it being useful for progression within Ulduar. better to me than the +1% healing i would get from divinity.

to boost threat i would use like this build:

that 15% on judgements +seal efects i think its nice

Quote Originally Posted by noler
    to boost threat i would use like this build:

that 15% on judgements +seal efects i think its nice
    The 15% on SoV/SoCorr + Judgements were top notch for threat before 3.1, but now on PTR when you can
    get Conviction plus Sanctified Seals (2/3 Sanc.Seals most likely) and Crusade (also i would prefer Heart of The Crusader
    over imp. might, any time there is no imp. might in the raid i check with the dps-warrior if he might have commanding
    presence and keep battleshout up. also 1 point in Benediction does nothing!) it will do more overall-damage (most of it lovely
    holy damage) than SotP.

Checked some WWS-logs from a few Naxx and the SoV+Judgement was around 17-20% of my damage done, and i would
    rather be getting an increase in 3/6% to all my damage + 2% more crit with HotR, SoR, white hits, HoJ, Holy Wrath
    and Hand of Reckoning (best used on critters ofc, they have it coming).. well yea anythin that can crit! :

When 3.1 hits i will try and get Pursuit of Justice and maybe Stoicism into my build... i haven´t read up anything on how
    the trash is inside Ulduar, anyone know if they are Big Bad Giants that like to stunvoilate tanks... in the manner those
    dirty trashdragons in Violet Hold do?
    Every time a tank gets stunned a healer somewhere goes bald!

If there be need i´ll get 2 tank-builds for trash/(pvp=stunheylol) and bosses, but i would prefer to have one retri and one
    kickass-allround tankspec.

mine will be like;

if threat will be a problem I may exchange some points to other threat building talents, although i don't really think threat will be a problem without those.

So far if you're having threat problems in this expansion you're simply doing it wrong

That makes threat builds pointless, and also these threat builds would only be useful for farm content to do more damage but in which case, why do you need more damage?