Suggestions for a guild mate

Well I am a non-official raid leader for my guild and have a Ret pally that seems that he should be doing better dps in our 10 man groups. Last night on patch he did only 2033 dps and his highest damaging abilities where in order melee, crusader strike, and consecration. All the other dps did far better up to 3k and he is in my opinion the best geared just taking a quick glance at his character. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Thalas&n=Cevin

Thank you in advance for the help.

Re: Suggestions for a guild mate

Judgement should be his top damage-dealing ability. If it isn't, he probably isn't judging at every cooldown like he should be. In addition, he's using a Seal of Command libram, which would lead me to believe he uses Seal of Command (May not be true), when he should be using Seal of the Martyr.

Paladin rotation is First Come, First Serve. He should be keeping most abilities on cooldown at all times. Judgement, Divine Storm, Crusader Strike, Consecration at the least.

I'd say, based on what you've said, he needs to improve his use of Judgement by quite a bit. Start there, ask him when he's judging and what seal he's using.

Judgement should have priority over any other ability

Normal ret pally breakdown is Judgement, Melee, Seal then the rest

If judgement isnt in his top 3 hes doing something very wrong

Secondly get all those hit gems the hell out. Strength in every single slot is the way to go

Damaging abilities should be:
    Judgement of the Martyr/Blood
    Melee
    Seal of the Martyr/Blood
    Righteous Vengeance
    Consecration
    Crusader Strike

Or something like that.

Spam those buttons more! Especially Judgement and using seal of the Martyr/Blood

Also let him know not to itemize with Armor Pen if he can avoid it, crit/hit, crit/haste, or haste/hit will give a better return.

[Edited for clarity]
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

Thank you very much for the replies I will have him try to adjust his rotation. To go further on the gemming for only str should he do that even though he might not be hit capped after that?

Yes. Once he gets all his t7 set gear he'll have all the hit he needs.

[Edit: added]

Also, tell him not to worry about socket bonuses, 16 Str gemming will outweigh any of the bonuses he could get (I think there are 1 or 2 exceptions to this but I don't know which pieces)
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

Ok thank you very much hope this will help him tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Melleroy
    Well I am a non-official raid leader for my guild and have a Ret pally that seems that he should be doing better dps in our 10 man groups. Last night on patch he did only 2033 dps and his highest damaging abilities where in order melee, crusader strike, and consecration. All the other dps did far better up to 3k and he is in my opinion the best geared just taking a quick glance at his character. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Thalas&n=Cevin

Thank you in advance for the help,
    Cevin (the paladin in question)
    fixed