Curse of Elements without losing dps

Since Moonkins and DKs get talents to roll 13% spell damage into their standard rotation without gimping their rotation how about this:

Amplify Curse - Curse of Elements, Curse of Weakness, Curse of Exhaustion and Curse of Tongues also cause Curse of Agony

Re: Curse of Elements without losing dps

It's a pretty good idea as it would fix 2 issues with one stone; lossless CoE and an extra debuff per Lock for Soul Siphon.

the dk talent also comes with something else that dks use i believe. cant remember what tho. just thought u should kno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Bliz has actually considered rolling elements into our other curses and honestly it'd be a great baseline change not talented (especially since we'll see more non-affliction locks with the new DPS spread)

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    Since Moonkins and DKs get talents to roll 13% spell damage into their standard rotation without gimping their rotation how about this:

Amplify Curse - Curse of Elements, Curse of Weakness, Curse of Exhaustion and Curse of Tongues also cause Curse of Agony
    WOW just wow.. i love your idea <3

1. this would also solve our DPS lose in PvP (since we lost dps from SL, and we use CoEx or CoT instead CoA in most situations.
    2. We get rid of the Amplify Curse with 1 sec GCD.. since it wasnt good, and only needed to get CoEx..

I'm a shadow priest. Think Blizzard will make my Vampiric Embrace apply Vampiric Touch too?

im a rogue lol i get 2 poisons in one
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by heriana
    I'm a shadow priest. Think Blizzard will make my Vampiric Embrace apply Vampiric Touch too?
    VE and VT (replenishment) are the 2 talents that define a shadowpriest. Without picking VE, a shadowpriest is useless.
    Wether as locks have to throw 5 talent points into getting replenishment in deep destro.

Anyway, this thread isn't about applying several debuffs at once. It's about blizzard's idea of class balance gone horribly wrong, which made a warlock from one of the most important debuffing classes ingame, to a class that raids because of healthstones and soulstones.
    - Boomkins' and Death Knights' 13% damage debuffs overwrite CoE (untalented), and talented an affliction warlock looses CoA, one of the more powerful dots.
    - Warriors have Commanding Shout and Demortalising shout, which overwrite Blood Pact and CoW (pre 3.1, wether as post 3.1, it'll get neglected by a boomkin aswell)
    - Curse of Tongues is actually not owerwritten by anything that i know of, but most things ingame are immune to it anyway (pvp only in other words)

Basically my point is that all theese curses are very gimmicky, the fact that you can only use one means that if you have to use CoE/W, you can't use CoA, wether as other classes can use that without gimping their playstile
    And this is what this thread is about.
    Next time a rogue/sp or whichever class chooses to make a stupid, unrelated reply, you might wanna think again.

Debuffing while dealing the same damage will be too op in pvp so i don't think blizzy will change it.
    You've other specs that are good in pve, use them. You can't buff all trees to be equal.
    And btw i remember tons of warlocks laughing at mages because the only utility was int and water. Now that tables are turned you're not so happy anymore do you?
    Learn to adapt, lock dps is fine, just avoid affliction.

This is a really good idea, so obvious now that you've said it :P

It 's even good for PvP destro because curses won't apply a DoT effect that breaks CC, due to the talent being in affliction. Great idea dude, pitch it to blizz /thumbs up

edit - typo
    Carlsberg don't make DPS, but if they did...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrobinson
    VE and VT (replenishment) are the 2 talents that define a shadowpriest. Without picking VE, a shadowpriest is useless.
    Wether as locks have to throw 5 talent points into getting replenishment in deep destro.

Anyway, this thread isn't about applying several debuffs at once. It's about blizzard's idea of class balance gone horribly wrong, which made a warlock from one of the most important debuffing classes ingame, to a class that raids because of healthstones and soulstones.
    - Boomkins' and Death Knights' 13% damage debuffs overwrite CoE (untalented), and talented an affliction warlock looses CoA, one of the more powerful dots.
    - Warriors have Commanding Shout and Demortalising shout, which overwrite Blood Pact and CoW (pre 3.1, wether as post 3.1, it'll get neglected by a boomkin aswell)
    - Curse of Tongues is actually not owerwritten by anything that i know of, but most things ingame are immune to it anyway (pvp only in other words)

Basically my point is that all theese curses are very gimmicky, the fact that you can only use one means that if you have to use CoE/W, you can't use CoA, wether as other classes can use that without gimping their playstile
    And this is what this thread is about.
    Next time a rogue/sp or whichever class chooses to make a stupid, unrelated reply, you might wanna think again.
    finally someone writes about this.. warriors take the imp buff away, which as I remember was a really important buff for the raid, then the CoE thing,
    I think we shoudl really have some new spells that acutally debuff the mob so it helps the raid

This would have major pvp (or even pve) implications for breaking CC. I think the better option is to have...

Amplify Curse (or Malediction, or some other talent)... All of your Curses now include the Curse of Elements Effect.

This way you can still put up Agony in PvE for the same effect. Also, if you put up CoT or CoEx in pvp, it wont break CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Brince
    Debuffing while dealing the same damage will be too op in pvp so i don't think blizzy will change it.
    You've other specs that are good in pve, use them. You can't buff all trees to be equal.
    And btw i remember tons of warlocks laughing at mages because the only utility was int and water. Now that tables are turned you're not so happy anymore do you?
    Learn to adapt, lock dps is fine, just avoid affliction.
    THAT is the reason why he said everyone that wanna post stupid things to think twice...

You said 2 complety stupid things:
    1- The logic of : hey you were strong last expac, now you should suck... is not only a void argument, but it's downright stupid too...

2- Learn to adapt, lock dps is fine, just avoid affliction. . . wrong.

EDIT: deleted rude comment... But still...

Curses are suppose to be 1 per target. Most raids have a boomkin or unholy dk to fill in the debuff but I agree CoE needs a revamp. I thought about something like boomkins have. A revamped on the Malediction Talent :

Malediction : Your curses now increase the spell damage taken from all sources on the target by 4/9/13%.

Same buff, keep your curses without gimping your DPS or the raids. Same as boomkins but a fix is a fix...
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Since when are Vamp Embrace and Vamp Touch mutually exclusive? The argument here is not saving a GCD, its the fact that we have to choose to buff our raid or gimp our dps, whereas boomkins and DKs get it for "free".

In my opinion it should be like a passive ability that works lets say when we apply any damage over time effect on the enemy target.
    The joke here is while we were the only class with this ability in the past , the other 2 classes that got it afterwards ,they got it without having to sacrifice something from their dps to apply it.

hows about this malediction: allows you to put 2curses at the same time on a target. But you can only have different curses at 1 target. CoE and CoA but not CoA and CoA

maybe this will be overpowert in pve you coud use C of Doom and CoA .