[Engineer] Glove Armor boost

I'm a Pally tank who is also an Engineer. I saw that the new Engineer info says we will get the ability to add armor to our gloves, does this stack with enchants or replace them..?

I'm wondering because I use the +2% threat and +Parry enchant, and I can't afford to toss it out for armor ( unless it's like 10K armor >_>; ). Anyone know if I will be able to have both or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Re: [Engineer] Glove Armor boost

would make sense, otherwise its almost useless. =/ but i dont think so bro; not sure though, dont trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

It should replace it.
    Leatherworkers can create patch with stam on it. But when you want to enchant that item, you have to remove the patch or you choose not to remove the patch and not to apply the enchant.
    What about the boots? You can add a boost on boots in engineering, does it replace the enchant?
    If not, you should be able to apply both. Actually, I don't know how it really works

Quote Originally Posted by Maboroshi
    It should replace it.
    Leatherworkers can create patch with stam on it. But when you want to enchant that item, you have to remove the patch or you choose not to remove the patch and not to apply the enchant.
    What about the boots? You can add a boost on boots in engineering, does it replace the enchant?
    If not, you should be able to apply both. Actually, I don't know how it really works
    Yah but this is just armor. We don't have anything that gives +STA or so on. This enchant would only be useful for tanks, but armor, unless it's al arge sum, will do -nothing- meaning once again Engineers will have 0 self enchants for tanks.

Like I said, this is ARMOR and ARMOR alone. THis isn't like the hand rocket. If it was both I could understand, or maybe another stat + armor, but armor alone isn't anything special. So I don't see why it should override a former enchant.
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    Like I said, this is ARMOR and ARMOR alone. THis isn't like the hand rocket. If it was both I could understand, or maybe another stat + armor, but armor alone isn't anything special. So I don't see why it should override a former enchant.
    800 Armor is quite a lot on a single tinket, seeing as the only other armor enchant (cloak) gives 225 armor only.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    800 Armor is quite a lot on a single tinket, seeing as the only other armor enchant (cloak) gives 225 armor only.
    This is on Gloves though, not trinket. if it added armor to a trinket that'd be nice. But 800 armor (which won't even be .5% less damage) isn't worth giving up the +2% Threat and +Parry rating enchant, tanks need that enchant. The only exception would be if this gave me enough armor to be a few % less damage thanks to armor, but that'd be OP... so that's why I think this shouldn't replace old enchants..

Leatherworkers had a glove armor enchant in BC that did the same thing and didn't stack with enchants. I doubt this one will either
    Signature too large...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzun
    Leatherworkers had a glove armor enchant in BC that did the same thing and didn't stack with enchants. I doubt this one will either
    >_<! Well thanks for the answer atleast. Was seeing if it'd be worth gett ing the mats but I suppose not.

Deleted

This won't stack, like the bootenchants or the cloakenchant won't stack either.
    And no it wouldn't make sense to stack~

Actually it would. The Cloak gives A parachute claok and + stat. The boots give Crit rate and the rocket speed boost. Hand Rocket gives whatever and a hand rocket. This gives armor. Only armor. And a SMALL amount of armor that won't do ANYTHING for ANYONE. No tank will use it, no DPS/Healer NEEDS armor (maybe in PVp, but there's better things...) So it's useless.

Deleted

Ok, armor + underwater breathing , happy now?
    The boots, the parachute and the rockets are all useless junk, so u want to have useless junk on your +armor too?

I really don't get you. I can't remember that any enchant stacked with another(intentionally)

P.S: You're talkin about engineering, 99% of these craftables are useless anyway.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Inicharu
    The boots, the parachute and the rockets are all useless junk, so u want to have useless junk on your +armor too?
    I dunno about other classes, but for shadowpriests 18 spellpower on cloak is WAY better than 23 haste.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Actually it would. The Cloak gives A parachute claok and + stat. The boots give Crit rate and the rocket speed boost. Hand Rocket gives whatever and a hand rocket. This gives armor. Only armor. And a SMALL amount of armor that won't do ANYTHING for ANYONE. No tank will use it, no DPS/Healer NEEDS armor (maybe in PVp, but there's better things...) So it's useless.
    Armor is not bad.
    800 armor is superior to 10 parry rating in terms of mitigation/avoidance. So if you don't have threat problems, this is the way to go.

You can expect a static value of 800/1000 armor to be available. Or an on use item that boosts armor by 2000-3000 for 10seconds, with a 1min CD similiar to the other gloves engineering abilities.

My preference would be the static value for permanent % reduction. And yes, threat is not an issue. Stacking mitigation and avoidance is king in Ulduar. Seeing as parry is likely hit by diminishing returns the parry rating isn't that spectacular from the enchant.
    80 Paladin (x2), 80 Shaman (x3), 80 Rogue (x2), 80 Mage, 80 Death Knight, 80 Priest, 80 Warrior, 80 Hunter

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I think what the OP is looking for is this.

BS has a Socket Glove that will stack with Enchants.

So until it goes live, there isnt really a way to tell (uncertain if its on test realm or not since I dont play).

Otherwise, it would be like all other +Armor "Enchants" and be just that, the enchant.
    Black Dragonflight: Kalel (Paladin), Ramage (Death Knight), Liquidc (Warrior), Aerynsùn (Monk), Nahdar (Shaman), Tokare (Druid), Jenista (Priest), Anabolix (Rogue), Findecano (Hunter), Lohra (Mage), Luminya (Warlock)

Koumaru

Engineering tinkers do not stack with enchants; they themselves are enchants.

Socketing items via blacksmithing is a completely different mechanic, unrelated to enchants. It shouldn't even be brought up in these discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Swolltitan
    I think what the OP is looking for is this.

BS has a Socket Glove that will stack with Enchants.

So until it goes live, there isnt really a way to tell (uncertain if its on test realm or not since I dont play).

Otherwise, it would be like all other +Armor "Enchants" and be just that, the enchant.
    Yes that is correct, Thank you =)

My point is where as others get large boosts such as a ton of STA or other stats. Or enchanting things that normally can't (like Rings); Engineers get something that you take because you don't need any other enchant. As I said before Tanks Typically do want the +threat and + Parry as the Parry typically would do mroe for you than the small amount of armor.

The Engineer rocket boots and stuff are not uselss as they can come in handy. PVP situations should be obvious as to why it is, and PVE situations are because it can help you get into some place or close the distance on something.

The BS self enchants lets them basically get another free enchant from gems, they could get a extra parry and a real enchant or something else, and aan Engineer can't? That's not fair >_>;

The BS self enchants lets them basically get another free enchant from gems, they could get a extra parry and a real enchant or something else, and aan Engineer can't? That's not fair >_>;
    BS changed a lot in WOTLK. Back to BC, almost all the items were BoP. Now, the only thing which is BoP is a free gem socket. Everything else is BoE.
    How about engineering, JC, LW, enchant and so on?
    Almost everything an engineer crafts is only usable by engineers.
    I agree, engineering isn't that good... You can still change professions if you think that it is unfair.
    btw WoW IS unfair in many point of view. But ppl accept it. If you don't.... sad to say.. well, you know what to do