Thread: DK solo - ZG

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DK solo - ZG

Hi All

I just saw this guy soloing all of ZG http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198jMJt0Tl4

Any have any idear of talents and what kind of rotation he is using?

-Thanks

kriS411

Re: DK solo - ZG

I don't know what he is doing, neither I watched the video - but as far as my experiences are the best way to solo old content is with blood spec, if you like to clear ZG trash for profit frost spec.

Soloing ZG really isn't that serious business, its fairly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by kriS411
    I don't know what he is doing, neither I watched the video - but as far as my experiences are the best way to solo old content is with blood spec, if you like to clear ZG trash for profit frost spec.

Okay. Got a spec to do that with?

Just got home and looked his spec up on armory: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

He writs his rotaion is: Plague strike, icy touch, death strike x50 re apply dots lol. I may do a different ability if hp is full. (Howling blast, Obliterate for the FU attacks)

Quote Originally Posted by Proxiz
    Okay. Got a spec to do that with?

Just got home and looked his spec up on armory: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

He writs his rotaion is: Plague strike, icy touch, death strike x50 re apply dots lol. I may do a different ability if hp is full. (Howling blast, Obliterate for the FU attacks)
    Are you sure he's not blood specced? How is he healing himself enough with just death strikes?

Quote Originally Posted by Aizenji
    not gonna watch the video but hakkar seems to reset even if i don't use ghoul gargoyle or army he doesn't do mc he simply resets , for the rest is easy and i don't even change spec for that (but well since the gold nerf theres no point on fully doing it)
    He DOES mc, but id you solo him, you are mc'ed, and so you are his ally which means he has no opponent to attack -> reset.

Army COULD solve that, dunno if hes tauntable which would be pretty contraproductive, as he then mcs not all of them so he wouldnt reset - just a theory.

just dont use a pet vs hakkar and you're fine, easy fight. but make sure you kill him before he enrages.

Quote Originally Posted by zold
    Are you sure he's not blood specced? How is he healing himself enough with just death strikes?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this video posted before the change to the Death Strike glyph? I used that while leveling in the 60's and constantly had 8-10 mobs on me at all times using the DND glyph and DS glyph. The DND glyph kept them off me often enough and the DS glyph was useful enough back then to go full unholy for the AoE DPS and not need the healing of blood. Very often I'd crit a DS with diseases fully stacked and go from nearly dead to almost full health. It was extremely easy back then to go non-stop group AoE pack to AoE pack, ending every fight at 80%+ health and nearly full RP. This is the reason I literally used less than a single stack of food in each bracket, and throw some away to buy the next level of food when I leveled.

Quote Originally Posted by kriS411
    This, any spec can do it as long as you just Death Strike for health.

It's not uber hard but if you want to do a full clear (cept fo jin'do) then you do need to know the fights or you'll get pwnt. Soloing was really popular until blizz nurfed it. used to be about 35g/boss now it's in the 17g range. Ony was 180g now 55g. optimal spec would be something like 18/0/53 taking the tanking talents in the first tiers of the trees with dps gear, blood pressence and 3/3 imp runetap.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

6 weeks ago I tried to solo Hakkar with a blood spec...turns out that bloodworms count as pets too. He will MC you and help you kill your worms and then reset.

Subsequently I've been soloing ZG for mounts with every spec from 32/39 to Unholy tank. Blood is the easiest.

Played a bit with him tonight, had 3 trys and the 3th I got the dino down and Him tp 80%.

I will have to try some more tomorrow. I having a hard time keeping my Plague strike and Icy touch up, but hard when he fear and im low on HP. I have to convert my blood runes so I can death strike more (bloodstrike for that).

Im finding my self in the situation where I have to convert 2 blood runes and no diseases up. I then reaply Plague strike and Icy touch, 1 death strike, convert 2 blood, and then everything is on CD.

If any have done this, Im all open for pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Wurfab
    He DOES mc, but id you solo him, you are mc'ed, and so you are his ally which means he has no opponent to attack -> reset.

Army COULD solve that, dunno if hes tauntable which would be pretty contraproductive, as he then mcs not all of them so he wouldnt reset - just a theory.
    if you're solo he doesnt cast it, /win
    I tasted bacon.. one day..

Any one have a Blood spec I could use for Soloing ZG? (or just the 2 mount bosses). I havent played blood yet, so any pointers would be help full.

frost pressence > blood for solo action i rather have 10k more ac than 15% more dmg. and the 4% healing is not working in the old content even against bosses. dont ask my why.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    It's not uber hard but if you want to do a full clear (cept fo jin'do) then you do need to know the fights or you'll get pwnt. Soloing was really popular until blizz nurfed it. used to be about 35g/boss now it's in the 17g range. Ony was 180g now 55g. optimal spec would be something like 18/0/53 taking the tanking talents in the first tiers of the trees with dps gear, blood pressence and 3/3 imp runetap.
    Jin'do is mad easy. When he drops his mc totem he fully heals you, and does a 'reset' yet his health stays the same. When he throws you the skeleton pit jus pop dnd and get out.

Quote Originally Posted by kratos23
    frost pressence > blood for solo action i rather have 10k more ac than 15% more dmg. and the 4% healing is not working in the old content even against bosses. dont ask my why.
    The 4% healing only works on targets that would give experience or honor. Anyway, I'm 99% sure they are talking about Blood spec, not blood presence, and anyone attempting it should be in frost presence regardless of spec.

I do Mandokir and Thekal every reset for shots at the mounts. I run as raid unholy http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...&n=Interrogavi in frost presence (as someone said earlier, the bosses aren't giving you any experience so frost is more beneficial) with 540 def, and it's pretty easy. Both of these bosses MS, however, and mandokir especially can get a lucky hit or two in (while you're feared or something) and it can be a pain to get healed back up. If I ran as blood (which i'm going to do soon, not sure why i haven't respecced to be honest) it would just be cake as I'd have all those gimmicks to get back to full.

Don't have any first hand experience with any of the others solo as I don't really care enough.

I have done it as unholy with a bit of blood
    (http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=041421050306)

First of all, keep all types of pet away from him - no ghoul, gargoyle or army of the dead!! and he won't Mc and reset.

Second, be in frost presence

If you want to be shure you'll beat the enrage timer but still be semi-tank use pvp gear - it has dps close to your PvE dps gear (you'll mainly loose hit rating wich isn't really important and your Death strikes will hit harder than with tanking gear= more hp gain from them) and you should have around 25k health just as in tanking gear = 5k blood tap and 10k Death pact. As a result it dosn't matter that you have to give up some parry and dodge from your tanking set.

Yes I did write Death pact there, because if you summon a ghoul and instantly use Death pact you will kill the ghoul before it can be targeted for MC.

Just use Rune tap and Death pact whenever possible, and when you reach close to full hp, just switch to scourge strike and do some more dps

PS: remember to use BS and IBF as much as possible (the glyph for BS is really nice there when using the pvp gear)

Thanks all.

My main focus is Bloodlord Mandokir and High Priest Thekal for the Mounts ofc.

I have 540def and 25k hp in frost pres. with my tanking gear but still I find it really hard to keep my HP up.

If im borred tonight I will try Innor spec. I find the healing talents there really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Varucard
    Jin'do is mad easy. When he drops his mc totem he fully heals you, and does a 'reset' yet his health stays the same. When he throws you the skeleton pit jus pop dnd and get out.
    Wow, did not know. I've never tried him solo because i just assumed he would spam reset.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend