Thread: Presence

Presence

What presence are you using for PvP?

I'm Shadowfrost (0/21/50) and I really don't know Unholy or Blood....

Re: Presence

For PvP Unholy is the way to go. Movement speed to get to (or away from) people, melee haste to squeeze in more white damage/Necrosis/Blood-Caked Blade hits, and, most importantly, a GCD reduction to fire off your skills faster. PvP is about dishing out a lot of damage in a short time.

Blood for Shadowfrost...most shadowfrost spec unholy aura-movement buff
    You dont spec bcb or necrosis.
    Icy Touch is your main damage (because in shadowfrost most damage and its ranged)

Hell theres enough time, where i am runestarved(from my frostrunes) and the 15% more dmg are better.

If your Blood specced or deep Frost Unholy Presence is the way to go, but not as shadowfrost.

Your presence choice is going to be very situational. Don't listen to people who say in PVP I always stay in blood for that extra 15% damage increase or in any presence. The preferred method of presence choice is look at each comp that you go up against vs your comp. If your up against a mage/rogue for example and or you are focused you should be in frost for the dmg reduction. This also applies to any time your being focused or if your healer needs to drink or is los for a heal. Communication on quick presence switches is critical between you and your teammate. I prefer to spend most of my time in unholy presence. I've tested this against blood and with the reduction in GCD / movement speed increase I am able to keep casters from getting off that heal that could win / lose a match. Sometimes a split second heal against your team is the difference between a match won and a match loss. I find the GCD of blood to be cumbersome when trying to burst down most healers. Again this is all based on your current comp. I run with a resto shammy and have reached 2k fairly easily running mostly in unholy. Just remember 15% more damage does nothing if they can spam heals while your in a GCD......