Arena Spec Elemental Shaman

I just ding 80 and had one of my guildmates make me some pvp mail gear. This is my current amory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oast&n=Vangarr. I have over 50k honor points and started to areana to get some of the hateful gear. So far i have been team up with a Ret Pld. As you can tell My pvp skill is not really that grea, I switch from enh to elem from 70 to 80. i think I am starting to get the hang of using hex and bursting people down. Any suggestion to help me out? may it be talent spec or easy obtainable gear. I will probably start running some 10 heroic to get better ring/trinkets etc.

Re: Arena Spec Elemental Shaman

if you can... get into Nax if you've got a guild and start farming that for gear. As a shaman you are VERY reliant on resil so make sure you are getting in on WG10/25 every week. Resto is the #1 sham spec in arena's but if you like ele... you can get up to 1700~, prob even 2k with a good rogue but that is high end gear and played perfectly. Best thing to do now is save up honor, do WG 10/25 every week and do WG every time its up (i recommend setting a timer or something). A ret pally is a good partner for you though because of HOF and HOP.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Communicate, let your partner peel and peel and peel some more.
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PewZ007
    Communicate, let your partner peel and peel and peel some more.
    If your partner is a paladin, then just let them do all the work, they are OP 'leet ATM.

respec Resto :-X

Double DPS will destroy you as Ele... heck 1 DPS will prob do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    respec Resto :-X

Double DPS will destroy you as Ele... heck 1 DPS will prob do the same.
    And they won't if you're resto?..... Ele, at least in 3.1 wil have some tools at their disposal.

Stop being difficult and just go resto.

You aren't an "Elemental Shaman", you are shaman, and arena has always been a game where each class has 1 spec they can play, SOMETIMES two, but with shaman its one, and it's resto, you can either accept that, or enjoy PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    And they won't if you're resto?..... Ele, at least in 3.1 wil have some tools at their disposal.
    No, they wont, not if you have a competent partner who knows how to peel.

You can easily survive a double DPS team as a shaman. It's not like in TBC where shammies got utterly destroyed by anything double DPS. You have instant heals now, earth shield is actually noticeable, and hex provides some nice cc, and will often force a trinket on double dps teams.

Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    Stop being difficult and just go resto.

You aren't an "Elemental Shaman", you are shaman, and arena has always been a game where each class has 1 spec they can play, SOMETIMES two, but with shaman its one, and it's resto, you can either accept that, or enjoy PvE.

Who are you to tell him what to specc? maybe he enjoys being elemental?, so how come he aint an "elemental shaman" now when thats what he really is?.. if he aint elemental, then there aint any unholy dk's, or disc priests..just dk's and priests eh? if ppl ask for advice dont EVER tell them to change specc, thats the most stupid thing ever, now if you aint got anything concrete to say to him, then better shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhearted

Who are you to tell him what to specc? maybe he enjoys being elemental?, so how come he aint an "elemental shaman" now when thats what he really is?.. if he aint elemental, then there aint any unholy dk's, or disc priests..just dk's and priests eh? if ppl ask for advice dont EVER tell them to change specc, thats the most stupid thing ever, now if you aint got anything concrete to say to him, then better shut up
    I think I did help him out, you just didn't see it that way.

If he goes elemental with that terrible gear, he is going to get his ass handed to him all day.

If he goes resto, he might just have a chance to live to actually pew pew a little bit. Sure the numbers won't be as big, but he will be alive.

And yes, a disc priest is a priest, are you slow? You are defined by your class, not your spec. You can change your spec for 50g. To change your class, you must reroll. Blizzard decided a long time ago when they gave you the ability to respec that your spec did not define you, and they continue to stand by this decision by offering dual spec.

Sorry OP but you are not an elemental shaman, you are a shaman, and you must remember that. Right now your best option is resto.

I agree with Metsfan.

Although I think you should keep your options open. Things can always change.

I think of character specs as Magic The Gathering decks. If you have the capability of playing the best cards why would you not play them? A smart player with a bad deck can still win, but a smart player with a good deck will dominate. You have to want to win at all costs.

I am playign a ele shammy for pvp currrently and i'm enjoyign it, i'm having some weird success playign with a resto druid lol, he is very undergeared and still new to pvp but i will let you know once i have played a few more matches.I was fixing to go resto but decided to pvp as ele so all my resilience gear is full of mp5 lol, which isnt very bad ,i can spam lb's for a long time in this gear and keep up the pressure.

I've played both Resto and Elemental in arena. I was Enhance BC and got to 1860 with my Paladin 2s partner. I was going to do Ele/Ret this season... it doesnt work. He really can't peel and Elemental has shit survivability. However, HoF and HoP are your friends. Being double hybrid dps with limited control you HAVE to dps hard and fast. If a team survives any sort of burst you put out, its GG for you.

Much to my dislike, Resto is far more viable. We top 1836 so far, then I let my sub run out and we are playing to get back to where we were. (Same Ret partner from BC).

Play what you enjoy, just don't expect great things unless your play flawlessly as Elemental. Their is absolutely NO room for error unless you play someone who makes larger mistakes then yours. I did what I wanted and played Enhance ALL last season, but we only topped 1864 damn near the end of the season. I didn't wanna go another entire expansion struggling for a decent rating/gear.

warlocks do not suck in arena. it isn't season 3 or 4 by any means.... but then again they aren't warriors either.

first some stats:
    2v2: 18 out of the top 100 teams have a lock
    3v3: 26 out of the top 100 teams have a lock
    5v5: 20 out of the top 100 teams have a lock
    you're clearly not a dk or hunter... but you're easily the 3rd most popular arena dps atm.

secondly a story:
    last night some idiot lock in my alt guild starts talking shit that he has hit 2050 and is getting S5 shoulders... he's all bad and can pwn anyone. an actual pvper in the guild challenged him to duel his frost mage: best out of three. the catch: he (the mage) would wear full S4 (including weapon) and only the offset pieces would be lvl 80. result: mage beat him 3:1. tell me how the class can be as broken as you say it is and still have a lock this scrub at a 2050 rating. oh... and the gm (who is also a lock) dueled the mage with lvl 80 gear on and beat him 3:2. don't give me this counter class bs.