Thread: New Rime

New Rime

- Rime now has a 15% chance to reset the cooldown on Howling Blast and cause your next Howling Blast to consume no runes.

This is nice now that the Howling Blast cooldown is up to 8 seconds >_< I think it should be changed to what Sudden Doom is like on live. Procs a free HB with 0 rune cost. Because it sounds like {Rime now has a 15% chance to reset the cooldown on Howling Blast and cause your next Howling Blast to consume no runes} this rime resets the HB cd, which is kinda bad considering all the nerfs to it. Anyone agree?

Re: New Rime

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee
    - Rime now has a 15% chance to reset the cooldown on Howling Blast and cause your next Howling Blast to consume no runes.

This is nice now that the Howling Blast cooldown is up to 8 seconds >_< I think it should be changed to what Sudden Doom is like on live. Procs a free HB with 0 rune cost. Because it sounds like {Rime now has a 15% chance to reset the cooldown on Howling Blast and cause your next Howling Blast to consume no runes} this rime resets the HB cd, which is kinda bad considering all the nerfs to it. Anyone agree?
    Yeah it should be like sudden doom where it procs an AoE that costs no runes, doesn't effect the CD, can crit for 6k+ still, and is an AoE as opposed to DC which is a single target attack that may be able to crit for 4k as a good blood DK... in case you are wondering I'm saying no I don't agree. To ask for an auto cast HB is too much to ask for. Now if they changed it to where your IT's had a 15% chance to instantly cast a free IT that does 50% damage and doesn't re-apply FF then that wouldn't be bad, but what you are asking for is insane. Also FYI...

- HB cooldown is DOWN to 8 seconds from 10 seconds.
    - It's damage got nerfed initially really bad but now the damage is back up to near live.
    - It now scales better, but also sucks worse if you don't have the gear to scale it up.

Rime in itself is already good enough though just with the additional 15% crit to IT and OB, and it's an incredible talent because it can proc a free HB cast, and now they are making it better by saying if it procs while HB is on CD then it will refresh the CD and make it a free cast, and you are saying it's not good enough? Get real dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee
    Anyone agree?
    Nope.

HB on the PTR is different then live. Blizzard finally bit the bullet and HB is now officially more nukier then OB at every level of gear. But, HB now has a longer cooldown to compensate (A.K.A. you're still throwing oblits in the meantime).

As far as IT spam builds go, give Rime an internal CD and problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    HB on the PTR is different then live. Blizzard finally bit the bullet and HB is now officially more nukier then OB at every level of gear. But, HB now has a longer cooldown to compensate (A.K.A. you're still throwing oblits in the meantime).

As far as IT spam builds go, give Rime an internal CD and problem solved.
    IT spam builds were already ruined for the most part. It will still do damage but with IT damage being dropped by about 25% or so it kills a part of that spec (although FS will still make up a lot of damage).

absolutely not

while i'd enjoy it for a while, making Rime pop off a random HB without resetting the CD would make you able to cast HB a fuck of a lot, so much in fact that it'd be ridiculously OP.

i love frost, but inviting myself to become OP just causes problems later
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by tvveeder
    IT spam builds were already ruined for the most part. It will still do damage but with IT damage being dropped by about 25% or so it kills a part of that spec (although FS will still make up a lot of damage).
    IT damage was dropped by about 6% :-X
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

the major problem with making rime also cast the howling blast is that u could crit all mobs around u for insane amounts all the time. be glad the CD is reduced and be glad the damage was taken back up a notch, one step at time =P

How about the fact that sometimes you have might have to CC, i know there isn't much of CC usage atm but who knows, i'd rather not have my rotation ruined.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!