Fury warriors: A primer

Get enough hit to not miss specials and have reliable rage generation for your DPS rotation.

Get capped on expertise.

Get enough crit to reliably proc flurry, deep wounds, rampage and Mirror of Truth.

Then stack str (atp) till your eyes bleed. If haste or armor pen comes, that's frosting on the cake.

You can never have too much attack power as Fury.

---------

This thread was meant as a primer, not a Bible. it's to answer commonly asked questions on these forums. Some may already know this stuff and so this thread will look silly.

Others don't and hopefully it's a benefit to them as well as a reason for them not to fill up the forums with questions asked over and over again.

For more in-depth discussion, we have this forum, Elitist Jerks

http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37680-d...iscussion/p31/

And Corbusier's Fury guide over at Tankspot.

Fury Guide:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f177/...ury-guide.html

Companion Gear Guide:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/4...ear-guide.html

---------

We all know Armory is bugged and shows people in Battle stance.

Armory doesn't reflect procs such as Bezerking, Mirror, FFF, Greatness, etc.

Use consumables. Better killing through chemistry, '

Heroic Strike and Whirlwind are your best glyphs. The third slot is debatable.

Some leather pieces are better than plate.

Yes, Bezerking is that good and you need it.

T7.5 2-set bonus is good 4-piece bonus is ok.

Don't gem more than 1 socket for hit.

Replace the green-quality gems right now. Warriors are gear dependent and that means getting the best enchants and gems you can have. Don't be lazy. Do a handful of dailies and bam!, you're good.

Vigilance is your friend.

Remember when you bugged paladins for buffs? Asking for Salv still works.

If you're not doing battle shout, you should be doing Commanding Shout.

---------

Sunder and demo may not be sexy but do it if if no one else can. Don't expect a lazy ass rogue to expose armor. Plus, it's not hard to sunder and keep a rotation going.

Mirror of Truth should be your first DPS badge purchase.

Hodir rep grind is a pita but worth it in the end.

You can not DW polearms because Blizz didn't want to create swing animations for every race and sex for 1 build in 1 class' tree. Also, let the druids and hunters have them and keep the swords and axes to us.

Imp cleave is not good unless doing Sarth+3. Topping meters on trash means little.

Do not link WWS reports of sub 12k DPS on Thaddius as an example of your leetness.

Bloodsurge add-ons?

EventAlert.

MSBT += Mik's Scrolling Battle text.

EBB= Elkano's Buff bars.

Power Auras.

ClassTimer.

-----------
    Mobs can dodge from behind, which is why expertise is such a valued stat.

Haste is like a hooker. It's good if it comes to you for free (in this case, from gear). But don't go out of your way looking for it. And never pay for it (gem/enchant for it).

Missing whites is ok, if you are missing yellows, them you are in the VoA and need to GET OUT OF THE BLOODY CLOUD THAT DECREASES HIT!

-----

No one cares if you have 2 Betrayers of Humanity. It means you are lucky not good.

Death's Bite is a very good axe but there is no way it is better than a BoH.

The Jawbone, on of the other hand, is a very good 2hander, even better than DB in some cases.

You may need to tank or OT at some time. Work on the tank gear as you can. It just makes you more valuable.

--------

Re: Fury warriors: A primer

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dude

Uludar will have crowd control and rogues are getting a buff so enjoy things as much as you can now, even if you're bored with content.

--------
    I think this has come and past....

Quote Originally Posted by Mÿth
    I think this has come and past....
    lol yea my bad

/bump
    Reia : warrior <Gul’dans Forgotten Clan> [H] [Nethergarde Keep] [PVE] (tbc - classic)
    Hamary : warrior <Acta Non Verba> [A] [Silvermoon] [PVE] (retail)

15+ Year Old Account

I still play Fury through the nerf. I enjoy it more. I'm glad to see these around. I'll post up an armory link. Let me know of what you think about my toon and where upgrades can be made. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Miseration

Quote Originally Posted by Miseration
    I still play Fury through the nerf. I enjoy it more. I'm glad to see these around. I'll post up an armory link. Let me know of what you think about my toon and where upgrades can be made. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Miseration
    everything seems fine dude, just gotta get some new weps lol but who really has control of that

Did you read the front page like everyone else? You missed this thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=49342.0

And who bumps their own thread? I mean seriously? If it was actually a good thread then people post themselves, funny that.

Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    Did you read the front page like everyone else? You missed this thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=49342.0

And who bumps their own thread? I mean seriously? If it was actually a good thread then people post themselves, funny that.
    lol relax dude, every street was paved with the best of intentions

and also that thread is for 3.1 changes arms vs fury, my thread is for furys but thanks for the asshole to say something negative just to be a dick kthnx =D

15+ Year Old Account

Compared to Arms warriors you raid w/ how does the DPS compare?

i havent raided raided 3.1 yet unfortunetly so i can not say the dps comparison.

Arms is superiour to Fury nowadays. Gemming ArP instead of STR in all sockets didnt decrease DPS one bit. Instead, boosted it. Didn´t get enough ppl for 25man Ulduar last night so we did boring old Naxx; Sure Im not topping the meters anymore, like I did before the patch. Although doing more damage then the furyspecced warrior gives me some content. Especially since Arms is much more challenging to play. Fury-rotation got to be the one of the most brainless ones.

ZOMG Miseration ur on mai server ;O http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...tree&n=Genshin

I wanna come gank u

lol relax dude, every street was paved with the best of intentions

and also that thread is for 3.1 changes arms vs fury, my thread is for furys but thanks for the asshole to say something negative just to be a dick kthnx =D
    Im not being a dick mate, just pointing out the truth that you have made about 60% of all the posts on this thread, your thread, and alot of them only say "bump"! Seems pretty conclusive to me tbh. Also, I was going to try and correct you on alot of things you have said that are wrong in your OP, but there are too many. The problem I have with that is thinking you have an idea and then posting something that is a little wrong and then bumping it means people that play warriors and are looking for help come to this thread, and look at the -wrong- things. Bad post makes bad warriors, bad post bumped by a not amazing warrior is worse (and I only say not amazing as i've never seen you play, so can't call you bad straight up).

If you want, I can correct your post and also lend some advice on your gear. I have no problem doing that

Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    Im not being a dick mate, just pointing out the truth that you have made about 60% of all the posts on this thread, your thread, and alot of them only say "bump"! Seems pretty conclusive to me tbh. Also, I was going to try and correct you on alot of things you have said that are wrong in your OP, but there are too many. The problem I have with that is thinking you have an idea and then posting something that is a little wrong and then bumping it means people that play warriors and are looking for help come to this thread, and look at the -wrong- things. Bad post makes bad warriors, bad post bumped by a not amazing warrior is worse (and I only say not amazing as i've never seen you play, so can't call you bad straight up).

If you want, I can correct your post and also lend some advice on your gear. I have no problem doing that
    if theres any correction that can be made please do im all for the constructive criticism, and as for the bump thing i dont even know when i did it to be fully honest nor can i say why i did it for i do not even know what it means im pretty sure i just seen someone else do it so i just copied them rofl but im always open to constructive criticism

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by xGenshinx
    ZOMG Miseration ur on mai server ;O http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...tree&n=Genshin

I wanna come gank u
    Not happening