Ret Pally Trinkets

Alrite so anyways, again, I have a gear problem. I've been using a Greatness Card and Fury of the 5 Flights for awhile now, but I'm not sure if this is the best pair of trinkets to use. I used to be number 1 in DPS on patch ( i've dropped from 6k to just above 5k dps). Any suggestions on what i should be using?
    Red Bull Gives You Wings!

Deleted

Re: Ret Pally Trinkets

Your question is absolutely silly, I hope you realize that. Might want to use Mirror of Truth instead of FoFF for fights where you cannot maintain the stack though.

You also never had 6k Patchwerk DPS, please tell no silly stories. You will have slightly over 5k on a good day and 4.5k on a bad day. This will be dependent on several things : the length of the fight and thus your overall raid dps, your normal crit and proc luck as well as proc/crit luck during Bloodlust/Avenging Wrath as well as their timing together and last your rotation. Delaying abilities a couple of times will have a major effect on your DPS at a fight with such a short length as Patchwerk.

Hope that helped.

I've certainly had a couple of 5.2K DPS Patchwerk fights, and that was while I was still using Demise, Haven't given it a go since I got my hands on the Jawbone though.

Let me see if I can scrounge up the WWS, Oh, and I'm still not quite there with BiS pieces What I wouldn't give to get my hands on FotFF >_<

Edit: Here it is, not a particularly good raid-night, but it's the most recent Patchwerk I've been on. http://wowwebstats.com/1f4vk64fdvo35?s=233571-266628

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf
    Your question is absolutely silly, I hope you realize that. Might want to use Mirror of Truth instead of FoFF for fights where you cannot maintain the stack though.

You also never had 6k Patchwerk DPS, please tell no silly stories. You will have slightly over 5k on a good day and 4.5k on a bad day. This will be dependent on several things : the length of the fight and thus your overall raid dps, your normal crit and proc luck as well as proc/crit luck during Bloodlust/Avenging Wrath as well as their timing together and last your rotation. Delaying abilities a couple of times will have a major effect on your DPS at a fight with such a short length as Patchwerk.

Hope that helped.

agreed. the world record dps dps for ret on patchwerk no one has ever hit 6k, and if you did really push 6k you'd def be on of the top ret int he world, and in anycase i really doubt you'd be asking such a question.

Only one thing I say, AP > All (Unless u have NO hit)

Quote Originally Posted by Brael
    Only one thing I say, AP > All (Unless u have NO hit)
    And by AP, he means AP gained through Str, not pure AP, which is rubbish, and Str, is better than Hit, ALWAYS, even with 0 Hit, however, like any of our stats, you balance them for best effect.

i cant honestly see why fury is such a good trinket, why not use a use effect trinket with a 2min cd and bind it do avenging wrath via macro?

+ greatness, + heroism= insane dps

Quote Originally Posted by distantarray
    agreed. the world record dps dps for ret on patchwerk no one has ever hit 6k, and if you did really push 6k you'd def be on of the top ret int he world, and in anycase i really doubt you'd be asking such a question.

... I know a few people who have hit 6k as a Ret Pally. Myself Included, with most weeks going 5.8k+. it's really not as hard as people make it out to be.

On topic though, for tank and spanks, Greatness+FotFF, otherwise the general thought-process is Mirror+Greatness if you cant keep up stacks.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Greatrichie

yes 5,8k is doable on a regular basis....the thing that creeps me out is that as my guild kills patchwerk faster i seem to do less dps. We hit 2:30 this week and i was below 5k....but maybe bad rng...

oh and the trinket discussion has been beaten to death....there a only a few fights where mirror beats it for me...on the rest its really easy to maintain the stacks

if you are looking that dd from recount example, remember that it counts seal of bloods damage dont to your self too. so you need to take about 8% away from that dmg to see how much you have done to boss :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ihaa
    if you are looking that dd from recount example, remember that it counts seal of bloods damage dont to your self too. so you need to take about 8% away from that dmg to see how much you have done to boss :P
    false info is false. recoil dmg is seen as friendly fire.

This is sort of off the topic guys but still to do with trinkets. I finally get my Greatness card on monday ;D when the DMF comes around what can i see my DPS go up by????? Im thinking it will be significant but dont wanna be disapointed with what im expecting?

Are you ATHENE ??? THE BEST PALLY IN THE WORLD ???? hahaha

RNG gods might be messing with you, as for 6k on patchwerk I have only gotten to 5.4k avg on him. Try using Mirror of Truth instead of FoFF for a noth/patchwerk on 25 man and see which is giving you better results.

PS: OMG OMG ATHENE?!?!?!1one ;D
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf
    You also never had 6k Patchwerk DPS, please tell no silly stories. You will have slightly over 5k on a good day and 4.5k on a bad day.
    I average 5400-5500 on patchwerk consistantly. I can see getting 6K if the RNG gods were in my favor that day.

On topic DC: Great + Foff is currently the best trinket combo, providing you don't let the Foff stack drop at all.