Anyone else getting lower dps in the patch?

I was messing around on the ptr today and i notice that my overall dps seems to be a good chunk lower then on live.. Same exact gear since i just coppied a newer copy of my pally over.. My judgments (wonder if they are bugged) only crit for around 4k when on live self buffed they crit for 7-8k.. Anyone else notice this .. bc i thought we were supposed to be buffed not nerfed lol..

Re: Anyone else getting lower dps in the patch?

If you're getting lower dps on ptr then you're doing something wrong.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Greatrichie

eh maybe it just feels like it.. i never actually did a straight up test on a target dummy.. it just felt like i wasn't hitting as hard ..

Quote Originally Posted by Felblood
    eh maybe it just feels like it.. i never actually did a straight up test on a target dummy.. it just felt like i wasn't hitting as hard ..
    you didn't actually test it and you are trying to discuss the problem which isn't over there? If I remember right they nerfed judgement dmg of Seal of Martyr and increased its seal dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by cappytoi
    you didn't actually test it and you are trying to discuss the problem which isn't over there? If I remember right they nerfed judgement dmg of Seal of Martyr and increased its seal dmg.
    ^

you dont crit as high, but your seal damage is doing More than double. and you can exo the test dummy on the ptr.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

i am doing great dps right now, around 3k.i hope it is not worse after the patch, that would just suck

max crit != dps. do some tests, then start a topic (or don't).
    This space is available for rent!

Alrighty did a proper test here is what i got..

Live ---

Time/target-  time 2 min 10 seconds, Heroic target dummy
    Buffs- Kings, Might, Flask (from last nights raid) 4483 AP
    Dps- 2507 poping AW 1 time during trinket proc

PTR------

Same targets and time.
    Buffs- Might and Str food, 4155 AP
    Dps- 2453 also poping AW when trinkets proced..

As you guys can see its not really a dps drop since i didnt have half the buffs that i did on live.. Guess i was wrong =(.. for once i am glad i am lol.. I could of prob got around 2700 dps on the ptr if i had the same buffs i did from the live server.. Still seems low tho .. but i guess it is a target dummy, i do around 3.5k-4.5k in 10 man raids usually..

smacking on a target dummy is a horrible way to judge DPS. So are 2 min tests.

I wasnt trying to get max dps i was just trying to get a even fight to base it off of.. just to see what the dif in damage was ..

Even still, without raid buffs, smacking a dummy is a bad judge of raid DPS. For instance, certain raid buffs will scale with us alot more than they do on live. Windfury and Imp Icy Talons for example. On live they are nice, but not near as huge as they will be in 3.1 when most of our dmg comes from Auto attacks and their respective seal procs.

Correct, but it is hard to grab a raid grp on the ptr.. Our guild is planning on running uludar one of these nights.. so i will get a better idea then..

Oud dps should be around the same. As I did read it, the judgement is getting lowered on dmg, but the seal itself is going from 22% > 48%, this should make the seal dmging more in 3.1. And with exorcism with us ( +35% dmg because of glyph/talent) this should be a dps boost. I don't really know what's going wrong then on your damage.