Warlocks rejoice

hey just wondering from anyone on the PTR how is destro in 3.1 for raiding what kind of DPS numbers are us destro locks putting out?

Re: Warlocks rejoice

Post 3.1 DPS Ranking by Warlock Spec
    -----------------------------------------------------
    1) Affliction w/ Doomguard (53/0/18, every 30 min)
    2) Demo/Destro Hybrid Conflag w/ Imp (0/40/31)
    3) Demo/Destro Hybrid w/ Felguard (0/41/30)
    4) Affliction w/ Succubus (53/0/18)
    5) Deep Destro w/ Imp (3/13/55)
    6) Metamorph w/ Felguard (3/52/16)

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-s...ost_3_1_specs/

The first post of that thread makes it very clear.

thats completly dependant on gear. FG/EM was byfar my highest dps spec by about 500 dps.

FG/EM also can not accuratly be portrayed on a target dummy considerduring the fast SFs at -35% are a huge dps boost.

These are values of maximum POTENTIAL dps for post 3.1. The top consistent dps spec is 0/40/31 which is Hybrid Conflag which also has the Decimation "weaving" phase.

Yes, this information does assume you have at least naxx 25 gear and be fairly optimized (hit capped and close to 8:5:3 ratio of sp:haste:crit). However, these values are not obtained from test dummies, they are obtained using thousands of iterations of simulations which take the decimation phase into account.

Yes, your personal results may vary. Yes, it will vary slightly on live. What's incredibly exciting is that whatever playstyle you want now, you should be within 400 dps of the "top" spec.

Its also important to note that Metamorph spec is still a raid support spec (demonic pact), and now has a max potential of only 400 dps lower than Hybrid Conflag.

The EJ numbers are also out of date if i remember correctly, as certain parameters have changed since the simulationcraft took place (for example, Chaos Bolt's damage increased).

To add to the above:
    *0/40/31's the top potential, but there are concerns about its actual performance, due to positional requirements for decimation weaving. We'll see how it plays out, but don't everyone just switch to the top static fight potential spec. Try out the other specs, because they're all viable now.

*the raid support via demonic pact has gained a good bit of mileage but it isn't clear right now whether the uptime brings it in reach of Elem's ToW. Personally I think the uptime is higher than simulated (the EJ thread seemed to have evidence in that direction) and that we will be able to surpass ToW overall when 3.1 hits, with good Naxx gear. This will cost some personal dps for sure, but is a pure raid dps boost. The elems in your raid can use searing totem (400+ dps) instead of ToW, if the crit debuff is also accounted for.

This spec can also bring the scorch debuff without much in the way of personal dps loss, I believe. Less than for destro or fire mages. IE, even more raid dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryven
    The EJ numbers are also out of date if i remember correctly, as certain parameters have changed since the simulationcraft took place (for example, Chaos Bolt's damage increased).
    They're kept up-to-date for the most part. Pretty sure CB's boost was included when it was datamined/discovered.

This looks like a good patch for locks, PvE-wise.
    Oh, and to the OP: Some of the 'reliable' data parses being thrown around on the forums to discuss caster potential right now have deep destro locks pulling numbers that are shaming most other classes. If that's our 5th highest serious spec... Well, I think you get the picture.

In closing: I'm looking forward to seeing how the hybrid spec actually plays out live.

Yeah the warlock community on EJ is very active. They update any numbers as soon as they discover changes.

3/13/55 for deep destro sounds a bit wierd to me.

would'nt a 0/18/53 be better?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000&#

f.ex. This maximizes the imp dmg, dont see what you need from affliction to boost your destro/imp dps.

Yes it would, however think of the stuff you could equip if you got 3% hit from talents and not gear, that's why that build does more damage.

That meta build doesn't include demonic pact, the one which does looses a bit more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by ksem
    4) Affliction w/ Succubus (53/0/18)
    Lately I've seen people posting that Succubus is the best pet for Affliction 3.1. Well, I am a bit confused with this, since I haven't noticed that her damage has been increased... did I miss something?
    "Warlocks need love"

Lately I've seen people posting that Succubus is the best pet for Affliction 3.1. Well, I am a bit confused with this, since I haven't noticed that her damage has been increased... did I miss something?
    This is mainly because we are no longer using Immolate, so we needed a place to put talent points for a dps increase. Theorycrafting shows that Demonic Power (3rd tier destro) is the best place for it. This buffs the Succy and the Imp. So the imp may still be used situationally, but the Succy does more damage.

The Doomguard and Infernal are still our best pets, but they're on a CD, so it looks like its Succy until they're back up.

Of the standard demons, the succubus has the highest DPS fresh out of the nether. The spec also puts points into demonic power (the best point for point DPS increasing talents left to take at that point) boosting her further. On fights that are melee unfriendly the imp will get the job done. As always DG and Infernal are awesome.

The gear setup assumes very high haste, which as we know is not optimal for affliction and an irrealistic decimation rotation.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/13/1544...ecimation.html

It seems that even though they balanced specs, affliction might still pull out ahead of the others, just by less than it used to. Rejoice destro lovers and go cry in a corner affliction bashers.

Quote Originally Posted by aldrahir
    f.ex. This maximizes the imp dmg, dont see what you need from affliction to boost your destro/imp dps.
    Cataclysm will no longer increase your chance to hit with spells.
    Suppression will increase your chance to hit with all spells, rather than just Affliction ones.

You tell me.

Original creator of the PointlessThread++;

Quote Originally Posted by aldrahir
    3/13/55 for deep destro sounds a bit wierd to me.

would'nt a 0/18/53 be better?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000&#

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9767
    ?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warlock=000000000000000000000000000023020030113300000000000000005203205220031051235030351 &glyph=000000000000&version=9767
    ?

i dont see how 20% health regain and 10% more range can compete with 3% more critchance, unless your thinking pvp... in which this specc prolly is'nt all that anyway.

Well. all i did was to ask if 12% more on imp would compete with the 3 % hit chance. being hit capped. reason i ask is just a friend who did a dummy test on boss +3 with both and did higher dps with the specc i posted.

well its worth looking at anyway. i'm prolly gonna try both and check in instance and raid once my lock is leveled upp (started again on horde)