Refromatting Computer

Hey, I'm thinking about reformatting my computer and dont want to re-set up my interface again when I get wow installed on the fresh rebuild. Is there a way to save my setting so I can just transfer then over?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Refromatting Computer

You can save your Interface and WTF folders and then add them back, when you have installed World of Warcraft. They don't use that much storage, so you don't need those big harddrives :P

Martini

If yo have one, just copy it to yuor iPOD

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Thumbdrives FTW. I can zip up my Interface and WTF folders into < 30MB space, and copy them to a thumbdrive (or an ipod, as was mentioned) in a matter of seconds.

Or, if you have an external HD, just copy your whole wow-folder, then when you're done formating and reinstalling just copy it back.
    No need to reinstall wow or anything and everything should be like it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Semi
    Or, if you have an external HD, just copy your whole wow-folder, then when you're done formating and reinstalling just copy it back.
    No need to reinstall wow or anything and everything should be like it was.
    Thats what I did, screw waiting hours to reinstall it and destroy my cap downloading the patches again

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Heh. I have my HD's partitioned. Windows and things that HAVE to be reinstalled after reinstalling Windows are on one partition. By that, I mean drivers, MS Office, stuff that integrates real tightly and would have to be reinstalled anyway even if I just install a new copy of Windows over the old one.

All my other stuff - downloads, chat programs, games - go on other partitions (one for music/movies/tv shows, one for games, etc, etc) is on other partitions. That way, I just have to make new shortcuts. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    Heh. I have my HD's partitioned. Windows and things that HAVE to be reinstalled after reinstalling Windows are on one partition. By that, I mean drivers, MS Office, stuff that integrates real tightly and would have to be reinstalled anyway even if I just install a new copy of Windows over the old one.

All my other stuff - downloads, chat programs, games - go on other partitions (one for music/movies/tv shows, one for games, etc, etc) is on other partitions. That way, I just have to make new shortcuts. :>
    Same here, it's really usefull. Instead of shortcuts I've changed my Music/Downloads/Videos/Pictures/etc default Vista folder locations to the partitions.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

When I ran XP, I'd symlinked the My Documents folder to a folder of the same name on another partition. I've got the same thing going on with my Win7 system.

How's Win7 treating you? I'd love to grab it if I have the chance; just upgraded my computer and I'm stuck with XP32 on a 64 processor and 4g of ram.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

It's gorgeous. I'm getting the same FPS under Win7-64bit that I did under XP-32. Hell, I'm getting the same FPS running windowed-maximized-no resizing under Win7-64 that I did in Full-Screen mode under XP-32. The beta I'm using is build 7000. It's really slick. Sometime within the next month, MS is going to pushing the Win7 Release Candidate 1. I'm seriously jonesing to get my hands on that build. Win7 makes me, as a geek and power-user, EXTREMELY happy. I love the SuperBar. I love that Widgets aren't limited to the Sidebar. It's all the GOOD shit about Vista, with all the utter SHIT ripped out.

Any possible way to get ahold of the last beta version they pushed?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Do a search on the reliable bittorrent sites (demonoid, btjunkie, are my personal faves) for "windows 7 build 7054" (I believe that's the most recent build that's been leaked out).

Now to find a serial. Know anyone who stopped using it that might pass theirs along?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

There's only 5 serials for Win7 beta. Google it, and you'll probably end up being told to go to a particular MS-owned site and click a button to get it from them. I did. Works fine. :>