Any reason to take up a Blacksmithing specialty?

Just started powerleveling mining/BS for my DK and was wondering if it matters in WotLK.

kinda sucks now, though, as i put 1kg already into this DK so now i kinda have to level him.

Re: Any reason to take up a Blacksmithing specialty?

If you don't plan on raiding or doing Arena, then yes, I suppose blacksmithing might be worth it. But then again, if that's the case, then I don't see much point in playing WoW. If you do plan on doing any kind of raiding or arena, then I would say don't bother. There's nothing you can make blacksmithing that's better, or even as good, as what drops from raids or you can get doing Arena.

I meant a specific specialty. Like Armorsmith or weaponsmith.

Im going to level it because i want an armor crafting profession. all ive ever had was Alch, and while useful for my druid, it sucks having to do a million instance runs to gear up all 4 druid specs. Figured id avoid that with the DK by being able to craft a decent set.

And when i max BS and stockpile enough mats, im gonna power level JC for gems to go with extra sockets.

As far as I know there isn't one, besides the shiney icon

As BS you can add 2 sockets to your gear. Its very nice bonus (2 more gems).

if you have the money to burn then be - JC/BS

it will get you the most abuse of gems, socket bonus, and choice when choosing your bonus
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

There is no item worth taking a specialty for. The only reason I would do it at all is for " I did it " factor. However, it would be a time consuming and/or expensive pursuit and your time is best spent doing something else.

golf clap for the low reading comprehension people who are advising him on BS, and not BS specialty.
    <==== B Team Raider: probably not welcome in your group.

In beta there was a lot of talk off armorsmiths being able to add a meta socket to their chest. This would have been awesome, and I made my dk an armorsmith on the hope that they do bring this back.

There is no point to being armor or weapon or swordsmith etc anymore if you are already lvl 80. There are some nice bop armorsmith only legs for lvl 76, but thats about it.

WOTLK moved away from specialties meaning anything.