Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    Yes, just disable skinning in elvUI for objectives and quests then enable lynquest

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using HalM, i created a 2nd background within the code and used the statusbar as texture and edited the alpha on it to 0.2
    I'm sorry, but what is "HalM"?
    Last edited by HeyBarbaruiva; 2016-08-29 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBarbaruiva View Post
    I'm sorry, but what is "HalM"?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ajid5jxv0dd0dx/HalM.tga?dl=0

Uh.. Are you sure its that texture? Mine looks nothing like yours:

And how did you get Mordernist's portraits on your Lyn unitframes? Did you just copy Mordenist's addon to your AddOns folder and disabled everything but the portraits?

Uh.. Are you sure its that texture? Mine looks nothing like yours:

And how did you get Mordernist's portraits on your Lyn unitframes? Did you just copy Mordenist's addon to your AddOns folder and disabled everything but the portraits?
    The .tga is correct, check if you replaced statusbar,statusbar2 and 3 in the Lyn folder.
    Just head over to mordernist's UI on wowinterface.com, there you'll see that the portraits are actually a "standalone" oUF plugin, and how to add/enable them before you enter the code in your .lua to add them on the frames you want them to show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    I know that tracker :P

Looks good.
    Is there a dependency for this quest tracker? I'm using the LynQuest file but it won't completely skin it. I like some aspects of the LynUI but I am not fluent enough with LUA to make modifications and there is no supporting GUI for customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    Is there a dependency for this quest tracker? I'm using the LynQuest file but it won't completely skin it.
    The quest tracker modules reference some textures and fonts in the main "Lyn" addon (the "Lyn" directory inside the whole UI package). Either copy this folder to your UI directory or copy just the necessary files to the LynQuest/assets directory and change the appropriate code.

Put Lyn and Lynquest in my folder. Turned off objective skinning with Elv and this error pops up. The font from the smaller text in the tracker is not what it should be either.

Message: Interface\AddOns\Lyn\modules/media.lua:31: bad argument #1 to 'unpack' (table expected, got nil)
    Time: 08/29/16 00:00:13
    Count: 1
    Stack: [C]: in function `unpack'
    Interface\AddOns\Lyn\modules/media.lua:31: in main chunk

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = "table expected, got nil"

The .tga is correct, check if you replaced statusbar,statusbar2 and 3 in the Lyn folder.
    Just head over to mordernist's UI on wowinterface.com, there you'll see that the portraits are actually a "standalone" oUF plugin, and how to add/enable them before you enter the code in your .lua to add them on the frames you want them to show.
    Replaced all the .tga files and did not work. Also tried adding the silhouette from Modernist to my oUF_lyn folder and registering it in the toc file and it also didn't work. I'm starting to think this whole UI editing thing isn't for me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pydoc11 View Post
    Put Lyn and Lynquest in my folder. Turned off objective skinning with Elv and this error pops up. The font from the smaller text in the tracker is not what it should be either.

Message: Interface\AddOns\Lyn\modules/media.lua:31: bad argument #1 to 'unpack' (table expected, got nil)
    Time: 08/29/16 00:00:13
    Count: 1
    Stack: [C]: in function `unpack'
    Interface\AddOns\Lyn\modules/media.lua:31: in main chunk

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = "table expected, got nil"
    EDIT: Did you add the "bigfont" to elvUI?

- - - Updated - - -

Replaced all the .tga files and did not work. Also tried adding the silhouette from Modernist to my oUF_lyn folder and registering it in the toc file and it also didn't work. I'm starting to think this whole UI editing thing isn't for me lol.
    You need to code the silhouettes in the .lua code aswell :P Why don't you send modernist a PM so you get help on how to add them ?
    You are 100% sure you copied the statusbar.tga into oUF_Lyn/textures, and deleted the old statusbar.tga,statusbar2.tga and statusbar3.tga and replaced them with 3 copies of the statusbar.tga i shared?
    Last edited by mikkis2k; 2016-08-29 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k
    You are 100% sure you copied the statusbar.tga into oUF_Lyn/textures, and deleted the old statusbar.tga,statusbar2.tga and statusbar3.tga and replaced them with 3 copies of the statusbar.tga i shared?
    100% sure I did that. It just looks exactly like the default statusbar.tga that comes with Lyn's UI after I replaced it. So nothing really changed.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    I guess this thread turned into a LynUI troubleshooting forum.
    Sadly, yes.
    oh, honey.

anyone knows how to insert my own background texture into Weakauras to use as bar progress?

100% sure I did that. It just looks exactly like the default statusbar.tga that comes with Lyn's UI after I replaced it. So nothing really changed.
    Then it's at your end.. http://i.imgur.com/vRYSPT4.png this is not Lyn's statusbar texture.. So i'd look into the code if i were you :P Anyway, lets stop this Q'n'A so we don't clutter the forum? Need any help /pm either me or Lyn. I can help with my own Edit, and Lyn might be of assist from his UI

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    I like the good old "uf" layout you are heading for here! (powerbar behind health)

I like the good old "uf" layout you are heading for here! (powerbar behind health)
    Thanks to obble it also hides when a unit has no power
    oh, honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleaned mine up a little, with everything open and as normal. And the New ui is looking good Lyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Arexss View Post
    Ah, wow. Very similar to Lyn one no? I tried to install it but it shows nothing. What I need to do?
    u have to rename the xiv databar addon folder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynox View Post
    u have to rename the xiv databar addon folder
    Yeah I got it yesterday, was too tired to get it instantly

Quote Originally Posted by tankknat View Post
    Cleaned mine up a little, with everything open and as normal. And the New ui is looking good Lyn.
    I like your UI, i tried doing the same thing but liked Lyn's UI more so edited that one instead. Theres still a bigger border on your target wich is making my OCD trigger xD Other than that good UI